Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 557 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
Human Bartender
  • Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I mean Apple is inevitably getting it’s first Oscar nom this year. Wolfwalkers is practically a lock.

Bill Murray is a near-lock for On The Rocks as well. So Apple is getting at least two nominations. I don’t see why they can’t get a 3rd, especially in a year when Netflix will probably have 6 or 7 films nominated.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Bill Murray is a near-lock for On The Rocks as well. So Apple is getting at least two nominations. I don’t see why they can’t get a 3rd, especially in a year when Netflix will probably have 6 or 7 films nominated.

Nah, Murray’s not close to being a lock or even safe.

Letterboxd’s films score is kinda meh and the category could be entirely filled with performances from BP contenders, which On the Rocks is not.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So some reviews for Sound of Metal have stated that Ahmed’s performance is better than his Emmy winning one in The Night Of. The film could end up being too indie but I wonder if he could be a sleeper contender.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    justonemorething
    Topics:

“Kajillionaire” is the reason why SAG has an ensemble award. Miranda July’s most accessible work to date. I don’t anticipate anything beyond an original screenplay nom, if that. The film is great, though.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

I’ve switched THE FRENCH DISPATCH for NEVER RARELY SOMETIMES ALWAYS, since Focus has announced they will campaign for the movie. The trailer blew me away and it got rapturous reviews and big prizes from Sundance and Berlin. Maybe a critics and Indie Spirit thing, but…..

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Never Rarely Sometimes Always is good. A little amateur-ish at times, but when it focuses on its main subject the film gets really good and intimate. The performances are also great. Some nominations would be good news.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Sharon Van Etten should be winning Best Original Song for “Staring at a Mountain”. One of the most haunting pieces of music.

https://youtu.be/NlG2n9WKwSk

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Nah, Murray’s not close to being a lock or even safe. Letterboxd’s films score is kinda meh and the category could be entirely filled with performances from BP contenders, which On the Rocks is not.

It usually isn’t though. Last year had two Supporting Actor nominees from films that weren’t nominated for Best Picture, for example.

And while the films reviews have been so-so, Bill Murray has been receiving a lot of acclaim. So I think this qill be a Tom Hanks in A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood type of situation.

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

As much as I’m down to root for Riz Ahmed, the movie is too small for him to make it in…. even if he somehow gets all the precursor noms, it’ll be like Egerton, Bruhl or Chalamet all over again.

On another note, the Oscars has been breaking all sorts of barriers lately that I believe this might be the year when we will get two female directors in. Choosing positivity. Lol

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

I’ll predict two female directors if they both show up in precursors. If that doesn’t happen, there’s just too many statistics for me to put both King and Zhao in.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Murray isn’t Hopkins nor Hanks for that matter though.

You do realize Anthony Hopkins and Tom Hanks have only been nominated once each in the last 20 years, right? Just like…hmm… oh yeah, Bill Murray.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

You do realize Anthony Hopkins and Tom Hanks have only been nominated once each in the last 20 years, right? Just like…hmm… oh yeah, Bill Murray.

Unlike Murray they have several previous nominations and wins, and overall much more prestigious careers. Not to mention their films look like much stronger contenders than his.

Murray can get nominated, but he’s definitely not close to being a lock.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Regarding Never Rarely Sometimes Always, I think that has a decent pathway to a screenplay nomination. Some big Original Screenplay contenders just got shuffled, and the film is acclaimed enough that I could see critics awards momentum converting to the main awards.

I mean Apple is inevitably getting it’s first Oscar nom this year. Wolfwalkers is practically a lock.

Let’s fucking goooooo. Wolfwalkers is the film I’m stanning this season.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Hopkins’ movie was an actual contender for a BP nomination though. And while Hanks happen I’m absolutely willing to bet that in normal year, he gets snubbed for Song Kang-ho.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Hopkins’ movie was an actual contender for a BP nomination though. And while Hanks happen I’m absolutely willing to bet that in normal year, he gets snubbed for Song Kang-ho.

That could easily have happened with an extra week or two for stage 1 voting.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.