Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 557 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
Human Bartender
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Poor Elisabeth Moss not even being considered a top 15 contender.

She was in 16th…

IMO unless everything flops she’s probably going to be forgotten by the time of the Oscars for Shirley. I mean everyone in the top 15 apart from Moore have valid reasons to be ahead of her and are probably quite far ahead of her.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Pfeiffer at number one??
    Does he have any information on French Exit??
    Have people at Variety seen it yet??

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I mean Clayton Davis isn’t exactly a reliable predictor.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

I’ve just re-watched DA 5 BLOODS, just to state if I still keep it in my predictions… It felt as good as the first time I watched it and the social commentary elevates it.
    Considering Netflix will campaign for Lindo as they have stated previously, I believe they will also run a Best Picture campaign. So… I’m predicting nods for
    # Best Picture
    # Best Director (Spike Lee)
    # Best Actor (Delroy Lindo)
    # Best Original Screenplay (Lee & co.)
    # Best Original Score (T. Blanchard)
    Maybe Best Editing, although only the very favorites or truly undeniable can make in this category

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Why ?

Two biopics of legendary black female singers. There are a few reasons why the new Billie Holiday film was pushed.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

I’ve just re-watched DA 5 BLOODS, just to state if I still keep it in my predictions… It felt as good as the first time I watched it and the social commentary elevates it. Considering Netflix will campaign for Lindo as they have stated previously, I believe they will also run a Best Picture campaign. So… I’m predicting nods for # Best Picture # Best Director (Spike Lee) # Best Actor (Delroy Lindo) # Best Original Screenplay (Lee & co.) # Best Original Score (T. Blanchard) Maybe Best Editing, although only the very favorites or truly undeniable can make in this category

Do you think it has a chance for nods in Cinematography, Production Design or Sound Mixing?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Why ?

Prepare for a season full of ridiculous arguments like this one. My eyes rolled to the back of my head after reading that comment. I understand what the user was getting at, but there’s no need to put this out there. No need to entertain this. Ugh. Then again, it’s the academy…

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

Prepare for a season full of ridiculous arguments like this one. My eyes rolled to the back of my head after reading that comment. I understand what the user was getting at, but there’s no need to put this out there. No need to entertain this. Ugh. Then again, it’s the academy…

You may call it ridiculous I call it being realistic. It would be incredibly naive to assume that that possibility would never come into play. In fact, that very same topic was raised in the media the first and only time two black actresses competed together in the BA category. I’m all for another woman of color winning again in the future though.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I’m all for another woman of color winning again in the future though.

You may not have intended this, but the way this comment is worded comes across incredibly patronising.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

Do you think it has a chance for nods in Cinematography, Production Design or Sound Mixing?

I don’t think it will be a big player in Production Design race.
    I do think DA 5 BLOODS might have a chance at Best Sound (I think they merged both Best Sound Editing and Best Sound Mixing categories), but I’m predicting DUNE, NO TIME TO DIE, SOUL, TENET and JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH to make it in Best Sound, right now. Still, DA 5 BLOODS is my #6 or #7 easily.
    As for Cinematography… I’m not a big fan of the cinematography work in the movie… I didn’t feel “harmony” between the vintage look of the Vietnam war scenes and the “present time” scenes. Maybe the cinematography branch likes this contrast, but I think there will be more interesting contenders this year (like MANK, NOMADLAND or Linus Sandgren’s work in NO TIME TO DIE judging from the trailer)

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

According to Gold Derby odds, 6 of the top 7 Best Actor contenders are British. That means there could be an all British lineup for Best Actor. Has that ever happened before?

Profile picture
    DevonshireGold
    Topics:

If only Warner Bros would tell us if Kaluuya or Stanfield is lead of Judas & Black Messiah.

Profile picture
    DevonshireGold
    Topics:

According to Gold Derby odds, 6 of the top 7 Best Actor contenders are British. That means there could be an all British lineup for Best Actor. Has that ever happened before?

Very interesting. Imagine if Sound Of Metal broke out and Riz Ahmed was up there too.

Profile picture
    Arular26
    Topics:

If only Warner Bros would tell us if Kaluuya or Stanfield is lead of Judas & Black Messiah.

From the trailer I think is pretty clear that Kaluuya is going Lead, Stanfield don’t even say a word in it.

Profile picture
    DevonshireGold
    Topics:

From the trailer I think is pretty clear that Kaluuya is going Lead, Stanfield don’t even say a word in it.

I think the poster tripped me up, but the description on IMDB certainly seems to focus on Hampton. Very interesting supporting role for Stanfield, perhaps he’ll break through to a nomination.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.