Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 557 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
Human Bartender
  • Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

For the record, Chicago 7 has a 92 percent on Rotten Tomtoes.

Profile picture
    itssajuu
    Topics:

For the record, Chicago 7 has a 92 percent on Rotten Tomtoes.

So does ‘Da 5 Bloods’. Rt score doesn’t really play a big role in determining who the contenders are anymore.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

When did we all decide that Rotten Tomatoes is irrelevant and that Metacritic is religion?

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Please…just because you’re not excited to watch a movie doesn’t mean other people aren’t.

That’s just my perception out of the discussion and hype I saw for the film so far. I could always be wrong but this is a predictions thread after all.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way Daniel Kaluuya and Vanessa Kirby are being underestimated on these boards. I-

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Is there a rule preventing a studio from having more than three films for Best Picture?

Not technically. But it hasn’t happened in a very long time. Not even Fox/Miramax/Weinstein Co. could do it with their massive campaigns. And Netflix isn’t particularly well liked by the academy. 3 BP noms is pretty generous.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

So does ‘Da 5 Bloods’. Rt score doesn’t really play a big role in determining who the contenders are anymore.

And Metacritic does? Joker has a 59 and Jojo Rabbit has a 58. Bohemian Rahpsody has a 49. All of these films won major Oscars.

If anything, Rotten Tomatoes matters more than Metacritic does. All of those films had fresh scores on RT. Jojo Rabbit was even Certified Fresh.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

When did we all decide that Rotten Tomatoes is irrelevant and that Metacritic is religion?

I don’t know, but after Ammonite and The Last of Us Part 2 I can’t understand how anyone takes Metacritic seriously anymore. They’re so awful when it comes to manipulated/frauded scores.

Profile picture
    itssajuu
    Topics:

And Metacritic does? Joker has a 59 and Jojo Rabbit has a 58. Bohemian Rahpsody has a 49. All of these films won major Oscars. If anything, Rotten Tomatoes matters more than Metacritic does. All of those films had fresh scores on RT. Jojo Rabbit was even Certified Fresh.

I never said metacritic matters either?? I feel like both of them don’t matter after seeing some of these past films crack into bp with pretty low scores on both sites

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Again, Oscar voters couldn’t care less if a film has a 70 on Metacritic or a 90 on Rotten Tomatoes. Sometimes their taste aligns with critics’ sometimes it doesn’t.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

That’s just my perception out of the discussion and hype I saw for the film so far. I could always be wrong but this is a predictions thread after all.

It is a prediction thread but you didn’t make a prediction. You literally said no one was going to or wants to watch Hillbilly Elegy, which couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s one of the most hyped movies of the season. There’s a huge amount of people that are extremely excited to watch the movie (myself included).

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

‘Hillbilly Elegy’ is def on my top 10 most anticipated for this year.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

It is a prediction thread but you didn’t make a prediction. You literally said no one was going to or wants to watch Hillbilly Elegy, which couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s one of the most hyped movies of the season. There’s a huge amount of people that are extremely excited to watch the movie (myself included).

‘Hillbilly Elegy’ is def on my top 10 most anticipated for this year.

In movie forums maybe. The general public is not watching this lmao.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

In movie forums maybe. The general public is not watching this lmao.

The general public doesn’t even know about most of these films we talk about on here, so idk what you meant by that.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

The general public doesn’t even know about most of these films we talk about on here, so idk what you meant by that.

The comparison started with Green Book which was a crowd pleaser. A film that will most likely be ignored by the general public can not be compared to it.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.