Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 2 posts - 556 through 557 (of 557 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
Human Bartender
  • Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

I do not see a world where Gary Oldman wins. I think this is a Hopkins vs. Kaluuya race

I think most of us will agree that Oldman looks like he’ll be safe for the nod, but he’ll likely be out of the race once that happens.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

The thing with Hopkins is his performance is so raved that he could easily win critic awards too lol. I think Lindo will win his fair share as well, don’t get me wrong. I don’t see Kaluuya picking up any critic awards unless his film is absolutely raved (which I don’t think it’ll be). Hopkins will probably take this easily unless Kaluuya’s film becomes a contender for the BP win. Hopkins film hasn’t dipped in terms of critical reception, if anything it’s gotten stronger. It’ll contend for other categories, as opposed to just being an acting thing. I think Zeller could even get into director. Also it’s important to note Hopkins hasn’t won an acting Globe or a SAG award so he could be seen as due there. BAFTA is pretty much locked as well.

Idk about that. I feel like if Kaluuya’s film doesn’t get the raves, he will still get in if his performance is strong, but if the film gets the raves and a bp nom and a a couple of other noms (which I think it will) Kaluuya will probably end up winning especially considering the times our country is in right now. This film is super relevant right now. I could see it playing out like this:

Oscar- Kaluuya
    Globe (Drama)- Kaluuya
    Bafta- Hopkins
    Sag- Kaluuya
    CC- Hopkins

Viewing 2 posts - 556 through 557 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.