Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 557 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
Human Bartender
  • Profile picture
    RealLyre852
    Topics:

as I much as Loved Mikkelsen’s performance in Another Round, I don’t think he will happen.  Banderas had a more bait-y role and his film was universally loved by critics. whereas Another Round’s mixture of tones seems to divide some critics.

for now I think the top 5 will be

1. Anthony Hopkins
    2. Gary Oldman
    3. Delroy Lindo
    4. Daniel Kaluuya
    5.  Tom Hanks

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Let’s let Halle get director next year. Academy Award Winner Zendaya is a must for 2022.

I never thought this was a possibility before, but after the Emmy’s last night, who knows?

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just saying Zendaya just won an Emmy for a Sam Levinson produced Drama against the biggest stars in the world and that Vanessa Kirby is competing for an Oscar for a Sam Levinson produced Drama…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

If Nomadland is winning Best Picture and Best Director, then it’s also winning Adapted Screenplay. Adaptations of plays are always at a disadvantage in this category.

Yeah, apart from Moonlight, plays haven’t done too well as of late. And it’s not like anyone knew Moonlight was a play either.

Should note the screenplay for Ma Rainey is adapted by Ruben Santiago-Hudson, who’s a popular dude, but hasn’t had a script on the big screen before.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Yeah, apart from Moonlight, plays haven’t done too well as of late. And it’s not like anyone knew Moonlight was a play either. Should note the screenplay for Ma Rainey is adapted by Ruben Santiago-Hudson, who’s a popular dude, but hasn’t had a script on the big screen before.

Also for people saying Nomadland won’t win because it’s so sparse and has limited dialogue, tell that to The Pianist.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

Also for people saying Nomadland won’t win because it’s so sparse and has limited dialogue, tell that to The Pianist.

I would go for another theory: “Nomadland” won’t win Best Adapted Screenplay, because I believe the writers branch will want to honor a very “screenplay/word-based” movie that might go home empty handed. That’s why I believe “One Night in Miami” might have a better chance than Zhao’s latest

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

I would go for another theory: “Nomadland” won’t win Best Adapted Screenplay, because I believe the writers branch will want to honor a very “screenplay/word-based” movie that might go home empty handed. That’s why I believe “One Night in Miami” might have a better chance than Zhao’s latest

That’s what we said about films like Mystic River and Lincoln.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

That’s what we said about films like Mystic River and Lincoln.

But do you see “One Night in Miami” taking home any acting award? Apart from a potential Best Song win (“Speak Now” met critical praise), I don’t see anyone from the ensemble beating one of the acting frontrunners… unless Ben-Adir goes supporting and offers Boseman some competition

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

Yea I think ‘One Night in Miami’ is probably my frontrunner for adapted as of right now.

Profile picture
    Callum
    Topics:

I’m a bit confused about the United States vs Billie Holiday at the moment, everywhere I look it says the release date is in February 2021, but I keep hearing people talking about it for the Oscars, especially Andra Day in actress. Is anyone able to clarify or offer further information on its eligibility so I know whether it’s worth putting it on with some good odds as an outside chance? Thanks in advance.

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

I’m a bit confused about the United States vs Billie Holiday at the moment, everywhere I look it says the release date is in February 2021, but I keep hearing people talking about it for the Oscars, especially Andra Day in actress. Is anyone able to clarify or offer further information on its eligibility so I know whether it’s worth putting it on with some good odds as an outside chance? Thanks in advance.

February 2021 is eligible. Whether or not the film will actually come out in February, I can’t promise.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I could easily see One Night in Miami going home empty handed, especially since another Black film, Judas and the Black Messiah, has a good shot at winning an Oscar (either for Kaluuya or Original Screenplay if The Trial of the Chicago 7 underperforms).

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

BEST SCREENPLAY A single vote was cast for this section – percentages indicate the amount of the overall total vote each film received. 1. “One Night in Miami” (22%) 2. “Shiva Baby” (11%) 3. “Nomadland” (9%) 4. TIE: “Pieces of a Woman” (6%)/ “Wolfwalkers” (6%)

THIS I find fascinating.

One Night in Miami, for lack of a better word, is really writerly in concept – getting all these significant figures in a room and the conversations that would unfold from such an event.

Also, Wolfwalkers in Best Screenplay is actually a good call, that is a well-written film.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Wow…nothing for The Father?! Not even a mention for Anthony Hopkins in Best Performance?! Damn…

The Father wasn’t available to view on the TIFF press and industry website.

Not that it will stop people here from playing down its chances lol

Profile picture
    RealLyre852
    Topics:

Nomadland can win best picture without winning screenplay. director/best picture combo is not too uncommon. sorry Fincher

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.