Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 557 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
Human Bartender
  • Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

The Father wasn’t available to view on the TIFF press and industry website. Not that it will stop people here from playing down its chances lol

I wasn’t playing down its chances lol. I’m literally predicting the movie to get nominated in several categories. I was shocked it didn’t get into the IndieWire critics list as I wasn’t aware it wasn’t available to the TIFF press or Industry website. I don’t have any reasons to doubt the movie chances when it has phenomenal reviews.

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

I wasn’t playing down its chances lol. I’m literally predicting the movie to get nominated in several categories. I was shocked it didn’t get into the IndieWire critics list as I wasn’t aware it wasn’t available to the TIFF press or Industry website. I don’t have any reasons to doubt the movie chances when it has phenomenal reviews.

I understand; my comment was directed at another person’s comment about not buying into the hype. Didn’t intend for it to come off as a response to your question.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/netflixfilm/status/1308456124731912192?s=21

The Life Ahead is coming November 13

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Nomadland can win best picture without winning screenplay. director/best picture combo is not too uncommon. sorry Fincher

Winning Picture and Director without Screenplay hasn’t happened since Million Dollar Baby. And Mank hasn’t even come out yet.

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

Winning Picture and Director without Screenplay hasn’t happened since Million Dollar Baby. And Mank hasn’t even come out yet.

Shape of Water happened.

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Shape of Water happened.

And The Artist.

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

If the Emmys proved anything with Schitts Creek domination, I wouldn’t be surprised if some feel good movie comes in and does amazing with nominations and possibly win BP. Especially when everyone’s mental health and emotional health has be deteriorating from quarantine and everything else going on.

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Just saw on The Trial of the Chicago 7 official Instagram that they are submitting a song.

Profile picture
    Mr. Tintin
    Topics:

Does anyone think The Card Counter has a shot? Paul Schrader tends to shoot and edit fast (for better or worse), and I can see it be ready for this Oscars. I think Oscar Isaac and Willem Dafoe could get Oscar noms, with Willem possibly winning (provided he has a meaty role- though, then again, Laura Dern won an Oscar for 10-15 minutes of screentime in Marriage Story).

Oscars 2021: I support Denis Villeneuve (Dune), David Fincher (Mank), Willem Dafoe (The Card Counter), and Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy).

Movie-lover overall.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Nomadland can win best picture without winning screenplay. director/best picture combo is not too uncommon. sorry Fincher

Really don’t think we should be downplaying Fincher’s chances like this when nobody’s even seen the film. He can absolutely still win.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If the Emmys proved anything with Schitts Creek domination, I wouldn’t be surprised if some feel good movie comes in and does amazing with nominations and possibly win BP. Especially when everyone’s mental health and emotional health has be deteriorating from quarantine and everything else going on.

RIP Kirby, Davis, Adams, McDormand, Loren, Colman, Close, Ronan, Winslet and Burstyn.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

Sorry but literally how does the Emmys comparison make any sense… There isn’t any pattern between Emmy and Oscar nominations, let alone wins. SC dominated because it had major buzz, the underdog factor, and was a new breakout series in its last season- it had nothing to do with being a “feel good” show. The closest the AMPAS is ever going to get to recognizing a “feel good” movie is Green Book. The Emmys didn’t prove anything. Succession also tripled its nominations from last year and won the biggest prizes, does that mean David Copperfield is getting the bulk of the nominations?

rubbish

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

And The Artist.

The Artist and Shape of Water were Original Screenplays.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Really don’t think we should be downplaying Fincher’s chances like this when nobody’s even seen the film. He can absolutely still win.

Exactly.

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

The Artist and Shape of Water were Original Screenplays.

I guess good for Nomadland then since the last 3 BP winners that had lead actress nominees all lost screenplay, so I guess we need Nomadland to lose screenplay for us to have BP win talk?

Of all things to nitpick, Screenplay category literally doesn’t matter, as long as it’s nominated, which I can’t imagine it won’t.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 557 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.