Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 513 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
replies
views
users
BetteDavis
Nicco
thatnerdgreg
  • Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

And what do you think about that? Why Paramount didn’t like DiCaprio’s choice to play the villain instead of the FBI agent? The villain is a more oscar baity role, isn’t it? it should be better for Paramount.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

And who do you think is going to win his second oscar for directing first? -Guillermo Del Toro -Martin Scorsese -Damien Chazelle -James Cameron -Bong Joon Ho -Kathryn Bigelow

My money is on Scorsese.

Killers of The Flower Moon’s premise seems incredibly interesting, baity and relevant.

It’s his first big Epic Western and also an “important” film with a timely and at the same time timeless subject matter, the genocide of Native Americans, thus the dehumanization and killing of another race, which is so relevant now with the whole BLM movement.

Profile picture
    Damucracia
    Topics:

I will drink a shot of tequila everytime I read “baity”

Profile picture
    cracker of whips, bringer of jocks
    Topics:

Who do you guys think will win her second leading actress oscar first? -Jennifer Lawrence -Emma Stone -Cate Blanchett -Kate Winslet -Nicole Kidman -Natalie Portman

Definitely Blanchett. If not her then Winslegend.

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

I refuse to believe in the possibility that a year from now we could live in a reality where Jennifer Hudson has more Oscars than Al Pacino.

Profile picture
    cracker of whips, bringer of jocks
    Topics:

And who do you think is going to win his second oscar for directing first? -Guillermo Del Toro -Martin Scorsese -Damien Chazelle -James Cameron -Bong Joon Ho -Kathryn Bigelow

Probably Del Toro or Scorsese. But it would be nice to see James Cameron ruffle Hollywood’s feathers by winning another one.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Probably Del Toro or Scorsese. But it would be nice to see James Cameron ruffle Hollywood’s feathers by winning another one.

Well, if he couldn’t win for Avatar, and his next three films are Avatar sequels, were gonna have to wait awhile before Cameron stands much of a chance of winning again.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

JHud will fight for a nom, not a win. She’ll be another Erivo

Profile picture
    Damucracia
    Topics:

Well, if he couldn’t win for Avatar, and his next three films are Avatar sequels, were gonna have to wait awhile before Cameron stands much of a chance of winning again.

Peter Jackson doesn’t agree

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

JHud will fight for a nom, not a win. She’ll be another Erivo

But Erivo got the nod. She was successful in working the room. And considering she’s a previous winner they may wanna make sure she’s a one out of two.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

I refuse to believe in the possibility that a year from now we could live in a reality where Jennifer Hudson has more Oscars than Al Pacino.

Hilary Swank has more Oscars than Al Pacino.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Hudson isn’t winning a second Oscar unless she gives the performance of the century, and judging by that teaser – she isn’t. She just isn’t a good actress.

Also, weird that she didn’t even attempt to sound like Aretha lol. I guess she could get nominated if the year stays this weak and if the film isn’t panned, but she’s not winning.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

But Erivo got the nod. She was successful in working the room. And considering she’s a previous winner they may wanna make sure she’s a one out of two.

That’s what I’m saying. JHud will successfully fight for the nod the same way Erivo fought for that 5th spot by riding that campaign trail, but in the end she won’t come close to a win. Especially as a previous winner. She’ll get the nom based on character recognition just like Erivo

Not to mention that her performance will most likely be similar to what she did in Dreamgirls. Mostly based on big musical moments that will overshadow the fact that she’s not that great of an actress. I don’t see them rushing to give her a 2nd

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Well… you’re already living in a reality where she’s contending for a second Oscar, while Glenn Close and Annette Bening are still waiting to win their first.

FYC Emmys:

THE CROWN

Jane Lapotaire (Drama Guest Actress)
    Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress)
    Josh O'Connor (Drama Supporting Actor)
    Olivia Colman (Drama Actress)
    Tobias Menzies (Drama Actor)

KILLING EVE

Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress)
    Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress)
    Evgenia Dodina (Drama Guest Actress)
    Sean Delaney (Drama Guest Actor)

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

Yes Winslet is my favourite she deserves 4 leading oscars.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.