Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 513 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
replies
views
users
BetteDavis
Nicco
thatnerdgreg
  • Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

Did you read she has a juicy role? It would be nice But her character doesn’t seem to be as Sally Hawkins’s character was. It’s seems to be simpler maybe just a little bit evil but i’m not sure it will be a showcase for Blanchett.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I refuse to believe in the possibility that a year from now we could live in a reality where Jennifer Hudson has more Oscars than Al Pacino.

Mediocre actresses like Renee Zellweger and Hilary Swank have already more Oscars than Al Pacino, so it’s already depressing this way.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

That’s what I’m saying. JHud will successfully fight for the nod the same way Erivo fought for that 5th spot by riding that campaign trail, but in the end she won’t come close to a win. Especially as a previous winner. She’ll get the nom based on character recognition just like Erivo

Not to mention that her performance will most likely be similar to what she did in Dreamgirls. Mostly based on big musical moments that will overshadow the fact that she’s not that great of an actress. I don’t see them rushing to give her a 2nd

I still think she’ll end up like Felicity Jones. Also, Isn’t Viola Davis also playing a singer? I doubt they both make it in.

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

To me best actress chances of winning are

1) Viola Davis 45%

2) Jessica Chastain 35%

3) Jennifer Lawrence 10%

4) Jennifer Hudson 5%

5) Meryl Streep 3%

6) Michelle Pfeiffer 2%

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I’m curious about the Documentary Feature category. Who do you guys think will get nominated there? I love documentaries and it doesn’t feel like there have been any major ones this year so I’d also be interested in some recommendations. Thanks.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Hudson isn’t winning a second Oscar unless she gives the performance of the century, and judging by that teaser – she isn’t. She just isn’t a good actress.

Also, weird that she didn’t even attempt to sound like Aretha lol. I guess she could get nominated if the year stays this weak and if the film isn’t panned, but she’s not winning.

Nobody really sounds like Aretha Franklin. She had a distinctive big voice.

Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

To me best actress chances of winning are 1) Viola Davis 45% 2) Jessica Chastain 35% 3) Jennifer Lawrence 10% 4) Jennifer Hudson 5% 5) Meryl Streep 3% 6) Michelle Pfeiffer 2%

These percentages are so arbitrary.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Hamilton starts with a 92 at Metacritic with 20 reviews.

Profile picture
    markwahlbird
    Topics:

Nomadland received an MPAA rating (R), so that means its finished. Could potentially be released this year?

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I’m curious about the Documentary Feature category. Who do you guys think will get nominated there? I love documentaries and it doesn’t feel like there have been any major ones this year so I’d also be interested in some recommendations. Thanks.

From what has come out so far, I think the strongest might be Crip Camp. It has a 100% on RT and 86 on Metacritic. It was also included in the first round of screeners sent to the voters.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

From what has come out so far, I think the strongest might be Crip Camp. It has a 100% on RT and 86 on Metacritic. It was also included in the first round of screeners sent to the voters.

After  what hapenned  last year, i don’t trust  in those critics anymore, i learned  you are the only critic.

Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

Hamilton starts with a 92 at Metacritic with 20 reviews.

And 100% on RT with 43 reviews. I still don’t know whether or not it’ll get a BP nom, but apparently Leslie Odom Jr. is getting serious raves. With a field this empty, he could get a Best Supporting Actor nom.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Why is Hamilton even getting reviews? It’s been out for years. Have these access media critics really not seen it until now?

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Hamilton (or at least this version) is not making it to the Oscars. Academy voters will easily recognize it for what it is: a taped stage play and not a film. They’re too snobbish about what they consider to be “real” cinema to suddenly give a pass to something that doesn’t even fit the criteria of the medium.

And also, nominating it at the Oscars would simply be a waste of space that would be much better used to highlight stories that aren’t five years old and filmmakers who haven’t already won eleven Tonys.

Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

I’m totally crapshooting here and likely overlooking a bunch of plausible contenders:

Crip Camp
    Dick Johnson Is Dead
    Boys State
    Whirlybird
    9to5: the Story of a Movement

(Gunda
    Jimmy Carter Rock & Roll President
    The Fight
    Miss Americana
    Greta vs Climate
    City So Real
    Women in Blue
    Us Kids
    The Painter and the Thief
    Billie
    Untitled Bing Liu film
    Beastie Boys Story
    Rebuilding Paradise
    Street Gang
    Wonderboy
    The Dilemma of Desire
    Freedia Got a Gun
    Red Heaven)

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.