Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 512 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
BetteDavis
Nicco
GregSprinkles
  • Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

Question of the day : for which movies do you guys think that Fincher absolutely deserved his oscar for directing ? I think The Social Network still remains his true masterpiece and it deserved picture and director’s win.

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

Question of the day : for which movies do you guys think that Fincher absolutely deserved his oscar for directing ? I think The Social Network still remains his true masterpiece and it deserved picture and director’s win.

Probably Social Network. I thought he and Nolan were the best directors that year, but the latter was snubbed, so Fincher should’ve taken it easily. He was definitely a lot better than Hooper that year. An argument could be made for King’s Speech being better than Social Network (one I wouldn’t agree with), but it’s pretty hard to imagine anyone thinking Hooper’s direction was better than Fincher’s inspired work.

Profile picture
    fyras19
    Topics:

Probably Social Network. I thought he and Nolan were the best directors that year, but the latter was snubbed, so Fincher should’ve taken it easily. He was definitely a lot better than Hooper that year. An argument could be made for King’s Speech being better than Social Network (one I wouldn’t agree with), but it’s pretty hard to imagine anyone thinking Hooper’s direction was better than Fincher’s inspired work.

I don’t think there’s an argument for The king’s speech being better than The social network.

He was completely overlooked for Se7en, Fight club, Zodiac and even Gone girl. So that makes his The social network loss a disgrace. He’s one of my favorite filmmakers and I think that movie was his best (although I love all those 5 a lot).

Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

I don’t think Fincher should’ve won for anything yet, tbh, however he has been robbed of a nomination several times.

I know people love The Social Network and I think it’s good, but I’ve never really gotten the “best of the decade” raves that it gets.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

I mean, I didn’t find the book particularly horrifying or thrilling.

I definitely thought it was neurotic and very creepy.

He made it sound like he made it not a horror/thriller in the interview, which is interesting. Kaufman does have a pretty good track record with the Academy. I think a lot of people are hesitant to predict him in screenplay because of the horror bias, but that won’t be a problem if the film doesn’t end up being a horror film.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

`

A night his film was the only BP nominee to not win an Oscar.

Only because of the dumb, basic, and
    illogical Academy voters. Many of his films need multiple viewings to fully appreciate them and resonate with audiences. It’s certainly not the first time this situation happened to him.

The Irishman will certainly hold up better over time than a basic gimmicky like 1917 or bland stuff like Joker.

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

I don’t like Scorsese but I know he is a great director and he will win for “Killers of the Flower Moon” since it is the perfect movie for the oscars : indigenous people, indigenous rights, white people oppressing and killing indigenous ecc ec

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

If it’a true that DiCaprio ia going to play the villain who do you think is going to be casted by Scorsese for the FBI agent role? I think from the most probable to the least names are :

1) M.Damon

2) A.Garfield

3) T.Hardy

4) A.Driver

5) B.Cannavale

Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

Not that such a trailblazing, wildly creative movie would ever have had a prayer in the awards game those days.

Profile picture
    AjayLopez25
    Topics:

OSCARS 2021 predictions (winners)

Best Picture:

Da 5 Bloods (Netflix)

producer: Spike Lee, Jon Kilik, Beatriz Levin & Lloyd Levin

Best Director:

Spike Lee – Da 5 Bloods

Best Actor:

Max Harwood – Everybody’s Talking About Jamie

Best Actress:

Amy Adams – The Woman In The Window

Best Original Screenplay:

Da 5 Bloods

Best Adapted Screenplay:

Mank

Best Cinematography:

The French Dispatch

Best Film Editing:

Tenet

Best Original Song:

“No Time To Die” – No Time To Die

music & lyrics: Bllie Eillish, Finneas O’Connell & Stephen Lipson

Best Visual Effects:

Pinocchio

Best Supporting Actress:

Glenn Close – Hillbilly Elegy

Best Original Score:

Hans Zimmer – No Time To Die

Best Sound:

Tenet

Best Production Design:

Mulan

Best Costume Design:

Mulan

Best Make Up & Hair Styling:

Pinocchio

Best Animated Feature Film:

Soul

Best International Feature Film:

Pinocchio – Italy (Matteo Garrone)

Best Supporting Actor:

Roberto Benigni – Pinocchio

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Renee Zellweger was actually owed a best actress Oscar for her contribution to film in the 2000s. She was at some point one of the big ones. Viola is just hype. No track record. And she knows it that’s why she asks for it every time she acts. It doesn’t even come out genuine. It’s like “look at me yelling and doing my theatrics.” “Give me the award.”

She was not owed. Her Cold Mountain Oscar was a makeup for losing for Chicago.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

If it’a true that DiCaprio ia going to play the villain who do you think is going to be casted by Scorsese for the FBI agent role? I think from the most probable to the least names are : 1) M.Damon 2) A.Garfield 3) T.Hardy 4) A.Driver 5) B.Cannavale

I can see it being someone he’s worked with before given his propensity to cast the same actors multiple times and the fact he already has DiCaprio and deNiro on board. He has a very high opinion of Adam Driver but Driver has to finish The Last Duel and will presumably start the new Jeff Nichols shortly afterwards so may not be available.

He’s worked with Garfield before but personally I felt that Garfield was the weakest part of Silence and I’m not sure he could pull this one off.

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Would love to see Cannavale, that would work wonders for his career.

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

I can see it being someone he’s worked with before given his propensity to cast the same actors multiple times and the fact he already has DiCaprio and deNiro on board. He has a very high opinion of Adam Driver but Driver has to finish The Last Duel and will presumably start the new Jeff Nichols shortly afterwards so may not be available. He’s worked with Garfield before but personally I felt that Garfield was the weakest part of Silence and I’m not sure he could pull this one off.

I don’t like Scorsese’s choice to cast De Niro to play William Hale. William Hale was 45 when he ordered Osage murders in 1921. DeNiro is 78. It is inaccurate.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.