Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 401 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
diego
GregSprinkles
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Phoenix is not going to get nominated again so soon since this year’s win and for a small under the radar movie like this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

AwardsWatch is currently predicting that Sophia Loren will earn her first Oscar nomination in 56 years for The Life Ahead

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

is not going to get nominated again so soon since this year’s win and for a small under the radar movie like this.

It’s uncommon but not impossible, last decade Eddie Redmayne and Sam Rockwell got in the years after their wins and it’s not like they were undeniable. If Joaquin is good enough he could get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

AwardsWatch is currently predicting that Sophia Loren will earn her first Oscar nomination in 56 years for The Life Ahead.

Isn’t this also from Netflix? I really don’t see how’ll they manage to campaign all their films without having to sacrifice some of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

Isn’t this also from Netflix? I really don’t see how’ll they manage to campaign all their films without having to sacrifice some of them.

At this stage we have no idea what their ultimate priorities will be so it makes sense to predict just about everything that has a shot on paper. I have Loren in my predictions as well, though not in the top five.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

Completed Netflix films are the only ones we can truly bank on coming through though.

Lockdown massively benefits them to do extremely well at the Oscars this year.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

Is “Mank” going to Venice?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Phoenix is not going to get nominated again so soon since this year’s win and for a small under the radar movie like this.

His character will be bipolar, the film will be black and white. Mike Mills directed Christopher Plummer to a win. I have him at number 4 in lead actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fyras19
    Topics:

Phoenix is not going to get nominated again so soon since this year’s win and for a small under the radar movie like this.

In addition to Christopher Plummer who won for a Mike Mills film (Beginners), Annette Benning was so close to a nomination for 20th century women, and that film was nominated for screenplay. And with not so many films released this year I can see C’mon C’mon getting some Buzz and you can bet Joaquin Phoenix is gonna be great in it. I think everyone should at least consider him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

His character will be bipolar, the film will be black and white. Mike Mills directed Christopher Plummer to a win. I have him at number 4 in lead actor.

Where did you read that his character is bipolar? I read different things. Based on what I read his character doesn’t have mental disorders actually.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Thought I heard it somewhere but I think I’m getting mixed up with a different performance. Still, Phoenix is on people’s radars right now as Redmayne was after his win and he can get it in if he delivers a great performance, which I’m sure he will.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fyras19
    Topics:

Is “Mank” going to Venice?

No Netflix film will go to festivals.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Can someone who’s on the AW forum post here the July poll results for Actor, Actress, Directing, and Picture??

Thank you, would be much appreciated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

Thought I heard it somewhere but I think I’m getting mixed up with a different performance. Still, Phoenix is on people’s radars right now as Redmayne was after his win and he can get it in if he delivers a great performance, which I’m sure he will.

The Child’s father is bipolar, no Phoenix’s character. And I didn’t find anywhere that the film is going to be shot in black and white.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Film expert
    Topics:

The Child’s father is bipolar, no Phoenix’s character. And I didn’t find anywhere that the film is going to be shot in black and white.

Yeah it is, editor working on film shared this information on twitter, even showed one frame, he had to deleted tho becouse A24 intevened.

Lighthouse DP shoot the film.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 401 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.