Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 417 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
13 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
GregSprinkles
diego
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

But I’m totally here for a Halle Berry Oscar comeback. It’s long overdue. If all else fails, Barry Jenkins should write a role for her.

Same here. And I’m glad that she’s getting the opportunity to direct herself. We can always use more women directing themselves.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

What if Halle Berry becomes the next Hilary Swank and goes 2/2. That would be crazy!

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Halle Berry will become the first female nominated for Best Director and Best Actress at the same time for Bruised.

L o l

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    markwahlbird
    Topics:

For people that have seen the original play, would any of the four leads of One Night in Miami make sense to go supporting? Or are they all true leads? If so, which one/s would make the most sense to build a campaign behind in lead? I could also see it being a serious contender in Picture, Director (King has been on a hot streak the past few years and I think there’s enough love for her that she could make a genuine dent here) and especially Adapted Screenplay. Anyone else feeling the same?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

For people that have seen the original play, would any of the four leads of One Night in Miami make sense to go supporting? Or are they all true leads? If so, which one/s would make the most sense to build a campaign behind in lead? I could also see it being a serious contender in Picture, Director (King has been on a hot streak the past few years and I think there’s enough love for her that she could make a genuine dent here) and especially Adapted Screenplay. Anyone else feeling the same?

At least one of them would have to go to Supporting if all or most of them were to be nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

I really want kate winslet to win again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

I really want kate winslet to win again.

She probably will before she retires. She’s still young

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Arular26
    Topics:

Viola Davis, Jennifer Hudson and Halle Berry in very baity roles… I think this could be the year for two black women in the Lead Actress category. This hasn’t happened since 1972 (!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

This movie will be a dud award season wise.
    I don’t think in any capacity it will manage to get nominations for Picture, Directing, or Supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

AUGUST 2020 PREDICTIONS (Major Categories- by Max Joseph)

BEST PICTURE

1. Mank
    2. The Trial of the Chicago 7
    3. Nomadland
    4. Ammonite
    5. News of the World
    6. Soul
    7. Hillbilly Elegy
    8. Da 5 Bloods
    9. West Side Story
    10. Dune                                                                                                                            ————————————
    11. Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    12. Red, White, and Water
    13. Tenet
    14. Annette
    15. Stillwater
    16. Minari
    17. Respect
    18. C’mon, C’mon
    19. On the Rocks
    20. Next Goal Wins

BEST DIRECTOR

1. David Fincher (Mank)
    2. Aaron Sorkin (The Trial of the Chicago 7)
    3. Chloe Zhao (Nomadland)
    4. Paul Greengrass (News of the World)
    5. Ron Howard (Hillbilly Elegy)                                                                                ————————————
    6. Francis Lee (Ammonite)
    7. Denis Villeneuve (Dune)
    8. Spike Lee (Da 5 Bloods)
    9. Christopher Nolan (Tenet)
    10. George C. Wolfe (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)

BEST ACTOR

1. Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods)
    2. Gary Oldman (Mank)
    3. Anthony Hopkins (The Father)
    4. Eddie Redmayne (The Trial of the Chicago 7)
    5. Tom Hanks (News of the World)                                                                          ————————————
    6. Adam Driver (Annette)
    7. Bill Murray (On the Rocks)
    8. Joaquin Phoenix (C’mon, C’mon)
    9. Matt Damon (Stillwater)
    10. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (The Trial of the Chicago 7)

BEST ACTRESS

1. Michelle Pfeiffer (French Exit)
    2. Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    3. Frances McDormand (Nomadland)
    4. Kate Winslet (Ammonite)
    5. Jennifer Hudson (Respect)                                                                                    ————————————
    6. Rachel Zelger (West Side Story)
    7. Amy Adams (Hillbilly Elegy)
    8. Marion Cotillard (Annette)
    9. Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)
    10. Jennifer Lawrence (Red, White, and Water)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

1. Jeremy Strong (The Trial of the Chicago 7)
    2. Mark Rylance (The Trial of the Chicago 7)
    3. David Strathairn (Nomadland)
    4. Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    5. Tom Burke (Mank)                                                                                                  ————————————
    6. Richard Jenkins (The Humans)
    7. Sacha Baron Cohen (The Trial of the Chicago 7)
    8. Richard E. Grant (Everybody’s Talking About Jamie)
    9. Brian Tyree Henry (Red, White, and Water)
    10. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (The Trial of the Chicago 7)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

1. Saoirse Ronan (Ammonite)
    2. Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy)
    3. Olivia Colman (The Father)
    4. Ariana Debose (West Side Story)
    5. Amanda Seyfried (Mank)                                                                                       ————————————
    6. Meryl Streep (The Prom)
    7. Audra McDonald (Respect)
    8. Rashida Jones (On the Rocks)
    9. Kristin Scott Thomas (Rebecca)
    10. Abigail Breslin (Stillwater)

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

1. The Trial of the Chicago 7
    2. Mank
    3. Ammonite
    4. Soul
    5. Da 5 Bloods                                                                                                                ————————————
    6. Red, White, and Water
    7. Stillwater
    8. Tenet
    9. Annette
    10. On the Rocks

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

1. Nomadland
    2. Hillbilly Elegy
    3. News of the World
    4. Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    5. Dune                                                                                                                            ————————————
    6. I’m Thinking of Ending Things
    7. The Father
    8. French Exit
    9. Next Goal Wins
    10. West Side Story
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

This movie will be a dud award season wise.
    I don’t think it will manage in any capacity to get nominations for Picture, Directing, or Supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Best Director nominee Halle Berry coming soon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Home

I could definitely see Delroy Lindo winning and I do believe he is the lead of the movie, as much as it is an ensemble. Also I can definitely see Ron Howard getting a Director nomination for Hillbilly Elegy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

I’ll personally be very interested to see who are the biggest contenders in Trial of the Chicago Seven are. There’s a lot of great actors there with roles that sound pretty meaty. I’m pretty sure that they’ll end up submitting someone as lead just because it’ll be best for their chances overall.

Also, as long as Sorkin delivers on the quality, which he usually does, I expect this film to be big, as it feels very timely what with the focus on protests, abuse of power, and the fact that one of the main characters is a black man dealing with extreme prejudice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

I’ll personally be very interested to see who are the biggest contenders in Trial of the Chicago Seven are. There’s a lot of great actors there with roles that sound pretty meaty. I’m pretty sure that they’ll end up submitting someone as lead just because it’ll be best for their chances overall.

Also, as long as Sorkin delivers on the quality, which he usually does, I expect this film to be big, as it feels very timely what with the focus on protests, abuse of power, and the fact that one of the main characters is a black man dealing with extreme prejudice.

Every time Joseph Gordon-Levitt makes a new movie I secretly hope it would finally be his ticket to the awards recognition that he so richly deserves. I have a feeling he is not the MVP in this one but a person can dream, no?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 417 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.