Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 416 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
GregSprinkles
diego
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Annette is pretty much confirmed for Cannes 2021 so will probably come out in the fall of next year. Which means that depending on when Yankee Comandante comes out, Adam Driver could have three big baity roles for 2022 season (Annette, Yankee, The Last Duel)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

I think Yankee will come out a year later, so:
    2022: Best Actor contender (Annette), Best Supporting Actor contender (The Last Duel)
    2023: Best Actor contender (Yankee Comandante)
    I think he will be nominated for Annette and Yankee Comandante, and he could possibly win for the latter.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I think Yankee will come out a year later, so: 2022: Best Actor contender (Annette), Best Supporting Actor contender (The Last Duel) 2023: Best Actor contender (Yankee Comandante) I think he will be nominated for Annette and Yankee Comandante, and he could possibly win for the latter.

Also entirely possible! I suppose Comandante could be a lengthy production process so it may fall that way.

Personally I’d prefer that as I think if both came out the same year he’d be more likely to get in for Comandante, but I want to see Leos Carax get that Academy recognition. If he gets in for either of course, 2022 is going to be stacked so nothing is guaranteed for any movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    markwahlbird
    Topics:

I’ll personally be very interested to see who are the biggest contenders in Trial of the Chicago Seven are. There’s a lot of great actors there with roles that sound pretty meaty. I’m pretty sure that they’ll end up submitting someone as lead just because it’ll be best for their chances overall. Also, as long as Sorkin delivers on the quality, which he usually does, I expect this film to be big, as it feels very timely what with the focus on protests, abuse of power, and the fact that one of the main characters is a black man dealing with extreme prejudice.

I think the five highest contenders for a Supporting Actor role (assuming everyone [except maybe Redmayne] goes Supporting) would be Sacha Baron Cohen, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Mark Rylance, Jeremy Strong and/or Frank Langella. I currently have both Cohen and Absul-Mateen in my predictions but could easily see a lot of other people from that cast getting momentum.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

2021: Annette
    2021: The Last Duel
    2022: Yankee Comandante

Adam Driver the greatest actor of his generation, as Scorsese said.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

The only cast member of The Trial of the Chicago 7 I am somewhat confident predicting if his role is big enough is Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and think he could be competitive for the supporting actor win. Bobby Seale’s story is particularly relevant because of how he dealt with racism and how he was treated.

With the other actors, the nominations and category placement are up in the air but I think Sacha Baron Cohen and Eddie Redmayne might go lead and the rest supporting.

Also, it probably won’t happen but there’s a chance that two performances of Fred Hampton get nominated this year. Kelvin Harrison Jr’s in The Trial of the Chicago 7 and Daniel Kaluuya’s in Judas and the Black Messiah.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yahya coming for the Emmy and the Oscar in the space of a few months we love to see it.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Let’s not forget Andra Day. WOC could go 4/5 in the Best Actress category. 😉

That won’t happen, but I do think Viola and JHud both have a good chance at a nomination.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

It’s crazy how big Yahya is getting. In those first several episodes of Watchmen, he was little more than window dressing, but the man’s got chops, and I’d love to see him pick up some more award buzz this year. And I didn’t even know he was playing Candyman. I guess Jordan Peele saw something in him for his small role in Us.

Anyway, from what I saw about Trial of the Chicago Seven, it seems like Baron Cohen, Redmayne, Yahya, Strong, and Langella have the best roles. Might want to look out for Keaton and Rylance as well, I think Sorkin singles them out alongside those others. I feel like we can definitely see two supporting men get in for this one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I think if the movie is received pretty well, MAYBE only Baron Cohen and Redmayne get in Supporting, the rest won’t make the cut.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

I think if the movie is received pretty well, MAYBE only Baron Cohen and Redmayne get in Supporting, the rest won’t make the cut.

I think at least one of them is going lead. It looks like they could have several contenders, and they’ll likely want to spread out their chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2020/08/netflix-acquiring-the-woman-in-the-window-amy-adams-disney-fox-2000-elizabeth-gabler-project-joe-wright-1203002581/

Netflix is trying to buy The Woman In the Window. But it’s not clear if Netflix has plans to release it this year.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    David Holmes
    Topics:

I think Daniel Kaluuya is a real strong contender for supporting actor this year and maybe even end up pulling out the win. In his film ‘Judas and the Black Messiah’, he will be playing Fred Hampton who was the leader of the  Illinois chapter of the Black Panther Party, and deputy chairman of the national BPP. Based on the synopsis though, I think Lakeith Stanfield will be the lead because the film will take a look at the rise and demise of Fred Hampton (Daniel Kaluuya) through the eyes of William O’neal (Lakeith Stanfield). This film will be directed by Shaka King and produced by Ryan Coogler. Keep this on your radars people!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 416 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.