Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 368 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
10 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
diego
GregSprinkles
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

We’ve already been through the whole Nolan argument before, did you really need to resurrect it?

You can’t trust a guy who gives Fight Club a 1/2 star rating + review on LB and take them seriously.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

You can’t trust a guy who gives Fight Club a 1/2 star rating + review on LB and take them seriously.

That movie sucks ass.

I can’t believe you stalked my LB. Aw, do I mean that much to you?

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Fight Club beyond overrated trash that’s only for film bro wet dreams and thats sincerely Ciara xx.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Fight Club beyond overrated trash that’s only for film bro wet dreams and thats sincerely Ciara xx.

Thanks, I guess.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aniket07
    Topics:

PICTURE: Ammonite The Eyes of Tammy Faye The French Dispatch Hillbilly Elegy ***Mank On the Rocks Red, White and Water Soul Those Who Wish Me Dead The Trial of the Chicago 7 SPOILER: Da 5 Bloods DIRECTOR: Wes Anderson for The French Dispatch Sofia Coppola for On the Rocks ***David Fincher for Mank Francis Lee for Ammonite Lila Neugebauer for Red, White and Water SPOILER: Spike Lee for Da 5 Bloods LEAD ACTRESS: Amy Adams in Hillbilly Elegy ***Jessica Chastain in The Eyes of Tammy Faye Viola Davis in Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom Jennifer Lawrence in Red, White and Water Kate Winslet in Ammonite SPOILER: Angelina Jolie in Those Who Wish Me Dead LEAD ACTOR: Andrew Garfield in The Eyes of Tammy Faye Anthony Hopkins in The Father ***Bill Murray in On the Rocks Gary Oldman in Mank Jesse Plemons in I’m Thinking of Ending Things SPOILER: Tom Hanks in News of the World SUPPORTING ACTRESS: ***Glenn Close in Hillbilly Elegy Olivia Colman in The Father Cherry Jones in The Eyes of Tammy Faye Saoirse Ronan in Ammonite Amanda Seyfried in Mank SPOILER: Toni Collette in I’m Thinking of Ending Things SUPPORTING ACTOR: Chadwick Boseman in Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom Tom Burke in Mank ***Brian Tyree Henry in Red, White and Water Tom Pelphrey in Mank Mark Rylance in The Trial of the Chicago 7 SPOILER: Steven Yeun in Minari ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Happiest Season by Clea DuVall and Mary Holland Mank by Jack Fincher ***On the Rocks by Sofia Coppola Soul by Pete Docter, Mike Jones, Kemp Powers, and Tina Fey The Trial of the Chicago 7 by Aaron Sorkin SPOILER: Minari by Lee Isaac Chung ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: ***The Eyes of Tammy Faye by Abe Sylvia Hillbilly Elegy by Vanessa Taylor I’m Thinking of Ending Things by Charlie Kaufman Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom by Ruben Santiago-Hudson Those Who Wish Me Dead by Michael Koryta, Charles Leavitt, and Taylor Sheridan SPOILER: The Father by Christopher Hampton and Florian Zeller

Is there a reason “The Eyes of Tammy Faye”is ruling almost all the categories in your predictions? Screenplay looks very unlikely.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Anyone else think that Christopher Nolan’s selfish, arrogant attitude about his movie “saving movie theaters” and him rushing to open theaters in the middle of a pandemic as people are dying will completely backfire on him?

Not unless he actually does release the film while there’s still tons of COVID cases and the box office spreads the disease. But Nolan won’t get backlash for trying to be optimistic and then pulling away when there was no chance of a July release working.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I think Tenet will move to December 2020 and Dune will move indefinitely to 2021.

I already mentioned this before, but tldr if Warner was moving Dune to 2021 they would have done it already with the rest of their slate. Dune’s staying in 2020 because it’s already doomed and Christmas is it’s best chance to make a profit, plus it will win awards in the technical categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

How about let’s not get mad at people for their film opinions. The Breakfast Club is awful and one of my least favorite movies of all time but I don’t consider my predictions less valid because I have an unpopular opinion about that film.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

How about let’s not get mad at people for their film opinions. The Breakfast Club is awful and one of my least favorite movies of all time but I don’t consider my predictions less valid because I have an unpopular opinion about that film.

Agreed I personally couldn’t even finish Fight Club. People like what they like and I didn’t like this movie that doesn’t mean me or anyone else who didnt like it has bad taste and should be ostracised for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Thanks, I guess.

?? Anyways…

Agreed I personally couldn’t even finish Fight Club. People like what they like and I didn’t like this movie that doesn’t mean me or anyone else who didnt like it has bad taste and should be ostracised for it.

You’re beyond lucky, but spill. Imagine thinking because someone didn’t like a movie you did that they shouldn’t be taken seriously when predicting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I thought I was the only one who  didn’t like the Fight Club, i couldn’t finish it too, i love Edward Norton but this movie was a big no for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Just for the record I’ve never seen Fight Club. I do know the plot, and it sounds intriguing, but I’ve no idea if the full length film will engage me or not.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

Fight Club is not for everyone. I find it excellent but I do think that it’s a movie that is hard to get into that can be tough to follow and the plot is a bit confusing but that’s charm since Norton’s character is the narrator, the critical response at the time proves it. I wouldn’t blame anyone for not liking it, I think is a great film and the book is awesome even if it is hard to read. But to each their own.

FYC:
    Phoebe Bridgers: BNA
    Punisher - Phoebe Bridgers: Alternative album

Megan Thee Stallion: BNA
    Savage (Remix): ROTY, Rap sung performance

folklore - Taylor Swift: Pop Vocal Album
    exile - Taylor Swift & Bon Iver: Pop Duo or Group
    betty - Taylor Swift: Country Song

Jaime - Brittany Howard: AOTY

Rina Sawayama: BNA

Caution - The Killers: Rock Performance

Women in Music Pt. III - HAIM: Alternative Album

Petals for Armor- Hayley Williams: Rock Album
    Dead Horse - Hayley W

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

It’s not that the plot is hard to follow, I was just surprised by how it was really 2+ hours of incel culture and brutal toxic masculinity being slammed repeatedly into my face.  I get the impression that Fincher was attempting to satirize those topics, but it somehow feels really pretty sincere (unintentionally I think). It makes me wonder if a massive amount of the film’s fans misinterpret the message and if it’s maybe enjoyed by incels for the wrong reasons.  I just don’t think it’s aged well or it’s as deep as it thinks it is. I don’t think it achieves what it sets out to achieve.

*SPOILER ALERT* (Kind of)

I also think the twist is one of the lamest things I’ve ever seen in a movie.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I just watched Greyhound, it was a fine 3/3.5 star film. Hanks was just playing the same role he’s been playing for a while and the script was nothing new.

In terms of awards prospects, I’d say its biggest chances are in sound and score which were nice but I doubt anyone will remember the film when nomination voting comes.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 368 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.