Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 397 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
22 hours ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
diego
GregSprinkles
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

?? Anyways…

There was just no need.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

There was just no need.

I mean there was no need to stalk someone’s LB and drag them because they didn’t like a film you stanned over some predictions, but I don’t see you complaining about that. Anyways, back to actual predictions…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

Just watched Never Rarely Sometimes Always.  Good little indie film that covers some important topics, but won’t get close to awards.

A24 dropped First Cow today, so I’ll be watching that later.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jonny
    Topics:

Is there anyway to bet that Nolan, Fincher and wes Anderson will all fail to win best director, I’d be shocked if any of them win

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

Is there anyway to bet that Nolan, Fincher and wes Anderson will all fail to win best director, I’d be shocked if any of them win

I agree on Nolan But why Wes Anderson and Fincher? I mean i don’t see anyone this year being better than those two. It won’t be a crowded year in director race!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

I think Nolan winning is somewhat unlikely.  I do think Anderson or Fincher could win.  I’m leaning more towards a Wes Anderson win.  Not really sure who else other than those two might win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

It feels like those three are the only ones we’ve heard being discussed as winners, and a lot of that seems to come from them all having overdue narratives. We’ll have a clearer idea about the other contenders once the films actually start coming out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

if curon can win for a technical achievement so can nolan and wes anderson only appeals to hipsters fincher movie is netflix a netflix winning big awards is not gonna happen

I agree that Nolan can win for a technical achievement, but Wes Anderson appeals a lot more to hipsters (or anything, hipsters wouldn’t like him cause he’s popular), and we literally saw a Netflix film win best director two years ago with Roma.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

if curon can win for a technical achievement so can nolan and wes anderson only appeals to hipsters fincher movie is netflix a netflix winning big awards is not gonna happen

How many accounts is this troll going to create?

I actually really like Christopher Nolan even though I trash talk him a lot, but realistically, I don’t see him winning for this one.  I think when he does win, it’ll be for something a bit more like Dunkirk.  I see Tenet being a smart, fun popcorn film, but not necessarily something that the Oscars will go crazy over.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

The win is between Wes Anderson and Fincher. Nolan, Villeneuve, S.Lee, Spielberg, Sorkin Sofia Coppola, Howard can only fight for the last 3 nomination. I think at the end it will be

1) Fincher

2) W.Anderson

3) S.Coppola

4) Villeneuve

5) Sorkin

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Roma1

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

How many accounts is this troll going to create? I actually really like Christopher Nolan even though I trash talk him a lot, but realistically, I don’t see him winning for this one. I think when he does win, it’ll be for something a bit more like Dunkirk. I see Tenet being a smart, fun popcorn film, but not necessarily something that the Oscars will go crazy over.

I agree, I still think it has a good shot and a nom in pic and director but the biggest category it has a chance of a win in is, I would say, editing. And then pretty much just sound, or maybe visual effects (but there’s Dune).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

The Academy every time Fincher is in contention:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

netflix winning big awards is not gonna happen

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I’ve been reading about Sophia Loren’s film, The Life Ahead, and the plot is rather interesting. I also had no idea that a previous adaptation of the book had won Best Foreign Language Film.

That being said I still think this could get buried with all the Netflix releases, but I can see a path to nominations for the film and Sophia Loren if Italy chooses this as their International Film entry. (Similar to Pain and Glory last year which got into International Film and Actor)

It’d be pretty fun to see Loren break Emmanuelle Riva’s record as the oldest nominee in Best Actress. Maybe even winner since I could see a narrative to give her a second Oscar 59 years after her win, especially since she was the first winner with a non-English performance.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 397 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.