Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 417 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
14 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
GregSprinkles
diego
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    lanadelol
    Topics:

That being said I still think this could get buried with all the Netflix releases, but I can see a path to nominations for the film and Sophia Loren if Italy chooses this as their International Film entry. (Similar to Pain and Glory last year which got into International Film and Actor)

I agree. I’m really excited about this film and think Loren has a good chance of being nominated if Netflix campaigns for her. It would be a great comeback for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

The Academy every time Fincher is in contention:

Well Sigourney Wever got nominated for Aliens, so maybe the Academy loves that franchise and they’ve been pissed with Fincher over the terrible third movie for all these years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Well Sigourney Wever got nominated for Aliens, so maybe the Academy loves that franchise and they’ve been pissed with Fincher over the terrible third movie for all these years.

Everyone knows that wasn’t his fault though. Alien 3 was a victim of Fox meddling with the production, just like Fan4stic, The Predator, and Dark Phoenix.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

if curon can win for a technical achievement so can nolan and wes anderson only appeals to hipsters fincher movie is netflix a netflix winning big awards is not gonna happen

Netflix can win big awards. Just not Best Picture. At least, not yet.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I agree. I’m really excited about this film and think Loren has a good chance of being nominated if Netflix campaigns for her. It would be a great comeback for her.

Exactly. She only needs Netflix to back her up, as she already has the narrative. I just hope they don’t decide to only campaign for Viola Davis, who is more likely to be nominated with a smaller campaign.

Last year they managed to get three supporting actor spots and two in actor, so with the right campaign, I am sure both Loren and Davis can get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

Alien 3 is not a terribile movie. Ok it’s by far the weakest of the trilogy but it is still a decent one. Benjamin Button is a terribile movie actually. It is hands down the worst film by Fincher.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

I thought I was the only one who didn’t like the Fight Club, i couldn’t finish it too, i love Edward Norton but this movie was a big no for me.

Yeah I didnt like it and could not finish watching the movie. And I’m not necessarily the biggest fan of Ed Norton. He was great in America History X and Birdman but that’s about all in my opinion anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

You’re beyond lucky, but spill. Imagine thinking because someone didn’t like a movie you did that they shouldn’t be taken seriously when predicting.

I’m not sure exactly what your trying to say but I assume it’s good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

Everyone knows that wasn’t his fault though. Alien 3 was a victim of Fox meddling with the production, just like Fan4stic, The Predator, and Dark Phoenix.

I realize that the movie’s not Fincher’s fault, I was just making a joke.

Also, all three of those movies you mentioned would’ve been terrible whether the studio interfered or not.

Alien 3 is not a terribile movie. Ok it’s by far the weakest of the trilogy but it is still a decent one. Benjamin Button is a terribile movie actually. It is hands down the worst film by Fincher.

Alien 3 is very much a terrible movie, and one of the most unnecessary and nihilistic sequels of all time. It takes everything remotely decent about the prior film’s excellent ending and destroys it all within the very first scene and then replaced the previously engaging plot and characters with a story and cast that’s uninteresting and unlikable. David Fincher’s done nothing to hide his disdain for it, refusing to talk about it all these years later with is only official comment on the film being “”No one hated it more than me. To this day, no one hates it more than me.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

Alien 3 is very much a terrible movie, and one of the most unnecessary and nihilistic sequels of all time. It takes everything remotely decent about the prior film’s excellent ending and destroys it all within the very first scene and then replaced the previously engaging plot and characters with a story and cast that’s uninteresting and unlikable. David Fincher’s done nothing to hide his disdain for it, refusing to talk about it all these years later with is only official comment on the film being “”No one hated it more than me. To this day, no one hates it more than me.”

It’s not s good one but I wouldn’t define it terribile. Benjamin Button is terribile,  The Game is terrible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

It’s not s good one but I wouldn’t define it terribile. Benjamin Button is terribile, The Game is terrible.

In my mind, any film that ruins its predecessor is terrible, as a good sequel should expand on and improve the story and characters of the film that came before it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

I’m not sure exactly what your trying to say but I assume it’s good.

Oh yeah, I was just saying you’re lucky you didn’t have to finish the movie ksjdk.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

It’d be pretty fun to see Loren break Emmanuelle Riva’s record as the oldest nominee in Best Actress. Maybe even winner since I could see a narrative to give her a second Oscar 59 years after her win, especially since she was the first winner with a non-English performance.

I doubt another win especially considering Loren already received an honorary Oscar some years back. The nomination would likely be the reward like it was for Banderas.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tommy
    Topics:

My first go at some predictions

Best Picture:
    AMMONITE
    DUNE
    THE FRENCH DISPATCH
    HILLBILLY ELEGY
    MANK
    NEWS OF THE WORLD
    SOUL
    STILLWATER
    THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7
    WEST SIDE STORY

Director:
    Wes Anderson / THE FRENCH DISPATCH
    David Fincher / MANK
    Aaron Sorkin / THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7
    Steven Spielberg / WEST SIDE STORY
    Denis Villeneuve / DUNE

Actor in a Leading Role:
    Matt Damon / STILLWATER
    Tom Hanks / NEWS OF THE WORLD
    Anthony Hopkins / THE FATHER
    Delroy Lindo / DA 5 BLOODS
    Gary Oldman / MANK

Actress in a Leading Role:
    Jennifer Hudson / RESPECT
    Frances McDormand / NOMADLAND
    Michelle Pfeiffer / FRENCH EXIT
    Kate Winslet / AMMONITE
    Rachel Zegler / WEST SIDE STORY

Actor in a Supporting Role:
    Sacha Baron Cohen / THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7
    Tom Burke / MANK
    Adam Driver / THE LAST DUEL
    Eddie Redmayne / THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7
    David Strathairn / NOMADLAND

Actress in a Supporting Role:
    Abigail Breslin / STILLWATER
    Olivia Colman / THE FATHER
    Glenn Close / HILLBILLY ELEGY
    Ariana DeBose / WEST SIDE STORY
    Saoirse Ronan / AMMONITE

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

Does anyone think Aubrey Plaza might have a chance for Black Bear? Seems like she might get a critics push.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 417 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.