Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 431 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
34 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
diego
GregSprinkles
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Alien 3 is my favorite Fincher and Alien movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Can someone who’s on the AW forum post the July Poll results of that site for Picture, Directing and the four Acting categories???
    Just curious to know their opinions on the matter.
    Thanks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Does anyone think Aubrey Plaza might have a chance for Black Bear? Seems like she might get a critics push.

I think she can get an Indie Spirit nomination but the film is not mainstream enough to pick up steam (and not enough buzz to be a critics pick).

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: The Morning Show
    FYC: Watchmen

Male/Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

So Viola Davis’ interview has been buzzy and she talks about the film, and it’s supposed to be a super transformative performance! Oscar #2 may be undeniable

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

Alien 3 is my favorite Fincher and Alien movie.

Why exactly?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Davis
    2. Adams
    3. McDormand
    4. Pfeiffer
    5. Lawrence/ Hudson

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

So Viola Davis’ interview has been buzzy and she talks about the film, and it’s supposed to be a super transformative performance! Oscar #2 may be undeniable

Yes, the interview also says she gained weight and wore padding to look like she’s 300 pounds like Rainey.

At this point I really think she’s the frontrunner, we’ll a better idea of her chances one we get a first look or a trailer

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

I need Viola to get that record breaking 4th nomination first (it’s pretty tragic when you think about it but hey).

Obviously I’d love to see her win but Lead Actress is pretty much out of reach for WOC so I won’t predict her until we get some results. If she faces Winslet and Adams then just I don’t see it happening

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Why exactly?

The aesthetics. The first Alien movie to happen when I was fully aware of it during its theatrical run. Fincher is a script depended director. And most of his movies unmove me. But Alien 3 plays stronger for me as I get older.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Judging from the book’s character adams doesnt seem much of a threat for lead win. Aren’t we only considering she’s going lead not to split with Glenn? That has yet to be confirmed.

If Netflix really wants a lead actress win, they’ll probably push Viola. And I’m here for it

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Judging from the book’s character adams doesnt seem much of a threat for lead win. Aren’t we only considering she’s going lead not to split with Glenn? That has yet to be confirmed.

If Netflix really wants a lead actress win, they’ll probably push Viola. And I’m here for it

I heard someone say they will probably only push Adams in lead if they can guarantee her a nomination, otherwise it will be a double Supporting nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I heard someone say they will probably only push Adams in lead if they can guarantee her a nomination, otherwise it will be a double Supporting nomination.

I never understood why people started to predict her in lead. I’ve heard from people that read the book that her role is not that big and Glenn has the more baity and bigger character of the cast (if we exclude J.D. Vance character). I also don’t see how Vanessa Taylor would extend her role that much when the screenplay is based on a memoir.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kyla Dem
    Topics:

I know for sure Glenn will not accept a lead placement, this is the last chance for her to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I know for sure Glenn will not accept a lead placement, this is the last chance for her to win.

I’m not saying Glenn should go lead. I’m saying Amy in lead doesn’t make any sense, when her character, in the book, is way less prominent and baity than Glenn’s character.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

Test screening from an unverified source on awardworthy forum revealed Amy’s screen time is at 55-60% while Glenn’s is at 35-40%, which explains every pundit suddenly goes with this placement. Also Glenn is supposed to have a flashy role while Amy is more restrained. Glenn is more than enough winning this time while Amy needs to be Netflix’s priority to win if and only if Ma Rainey’s black bottoms flops

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 431 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.