Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 505 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
diego
Hoster1
  • Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Tenet could get screenplay if it goes Joker though, as in just dominating the nominations when no one expected it to.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

The Trial of the Chicago 7
    Mank
    Ammonite
    The French Dispatch (maybe)
    Soul
    Minari
    Palm Springs
    On the Rocks
    Stillwater

Probably some others but drawing a blank right now.

Never Rarely Sometimes Always as well. The Vast of Night & Monsoon are probably too small to make any traction outside of the Indie Spirits.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Tenet could get screenplay if it goes Joker though, as in just dominating the nominations when no one expected it to.

Agreed, if a screenplay as criticized as Joker can get in, then we shouldn’t discount huge films, which Tenet could be.

Like Joker, it’ll probably depend on an empty spot.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Agreed, if a screenplay as criticized as Joker can get in, then we shouldn’t discount huge films, which Tenet could be.

Like Joker, it’ll probably depend on an empty spot.

They had the option of A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, so not even empty slots but just slots with films that didn’t compete in many other categories.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Screenplay:

1. Mank
    2. The Trial of Chicago 7
    3. Tenet
    4. On The Rocks
    5. The French Dispatch

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Joker won a Golden Lion, which gave it a prestige factor.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

I highly doubt Tenet gets the same passion as the $1 billion-grossing Joker which had a faux societal factor.

I would love to see Lindo win but if he goes supporting there will be outrage.

GD says there will be outrage over category fraud every year and it never happens outside of this site. Y’all have got to understand that they just do not care and they will continue to do it themselves if it means getting an Oscar.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Never Rarely Sometimes Always as well. The Vast of Night & Monsoon are probably too small to make any traction outside of the Indie Spirits.

Don’t discount Promising Young Woman in screenplay too if it’s ever released…

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Lmao saw Tenet today and if this shit gets nominated for Best Sound cancel the Oscars.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

They had the option of A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, so not even empty slots but just slots with films that didn’t compete in many other categories.

That film was a nonstarter outside of Hanks though.

Please? … Tenet is already a critical (and soon to be commercial) failure whereas Joker had a $1B bo to back it up. 

The film isn’t some critical darling, but it got generally positive reviews. You can’t claim something’s a critical failure just because you want it to be one.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Haven’t seen Tenet yet, but I think it could go home empty-handed at the Oscars if Dune manages to get better reception. We’ll have a better idea of where that one is going on September 9th when the trailer drops.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Tenet will get like 4 noms at best and it will all be technical. Joker was divisive, but it had it’s passionate fans (and those fans were REALLY passionate / annoying about it), the response to Tenet seems to be meh as far as I see it now (which is still too generous, cause this movie is BAD), which doesn’t bode for it’s chances with the Academy who is already meh about Nolan himself.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

I’m not saying I’m predicting Tenet for Picture or Screenplay. I’m just saying there’s still a small possibility.

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I’m not saying I’m predicting Tenet for Picture or Screenplay. I’m just saying there’s still a small possibility.

You’re right. I’m currently not predicting tenet either as of right now, but i’m not completely writing it off bc I feel like anything can happen, especially after the nominations of two films with really subpar reviews ‘Joker’ and ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, and yes I know both of these films did extremely well at the box office. Once again, I’m not predicting tenet to get in for bp, all i’m saying is don’t completely write off just yet bc it didn’t get the reviews you thought it would.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Paramount just gave the Billie Holiday film a February 12 release date.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.