Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 505 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
diego
Hoster1
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Whilst its too early to say what will happen with this film it is worth mentioning that barring The Dark Knight Rises Nolan’s films have done relatively well at winter awards and at the Oscars despite critical reception (i.e. Interstellar with a bunch of craft nominations).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Is there any consensus on Supporting Actor yet so far?

Delroy Lindo is winning. He will be campaigned in Supporting.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Tenet could just be: production design, original score, sound, visual effects. Maybe cinematography, editing, song. Or who knows… maybe it is a Best Picture contender. But I’m starting to think it will be another Interstellar awards wise.

Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

Tenet will only compete in the technicals.  It’s chances in Best Picture, screenplay, and director are dead.  It will be looked back on fondly by It’s fans, but I expect this one to perform like Interstellar at the Oscars.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Tenet will only compete in the technicals. It’s chances in Best Picture, screenplay, and director are dead. It will be looked back on fondly by It’s fans, but I expect this one to perform like Interstellar at the Oscars.

And tbh, it won’t get wins in the techs because of Dune, Mank and The French Dispatch (if it comes out). Only win I see possible for Tenet is Sound.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I think Tenet still has Picture and Director noms locked down as long as audience reviews and box office are solid. Oscars don’t care that much about reviews anymore: Vice, Bohemian Rhapsody, Joker, and Jojo rabbit are all examples of this. Plus, most of the review scores aren’t that bad.

Regardless of what happens, I’m exited to finally be able to see a big new film in the theater. I’ll be catching the earliest screening that I can and giving you guys my spoiler-free thoughts and predictions as soon as that happens.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Tenet has 88% on Rotten Tomatoes as of now. My expectations are high. Does anyone think Jonathan Majors could sneak into the Supporting Actor race considering the category seems to be up in the air with at least two slots?

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Delroy Lindo is winning. He will be campaigned in Supporting.

I don’t see that. He dominates the movie. He belongs in Lead. Has it been officially announced that he’s being campaigned in Supporting?

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Tenet has 88% on Rotten Tomatoes as of now. My expectations are high. Does anyone think Jonathan Majors could sneak into the Supporting Actor race considering the category seems to be up in the air with at least two slots?

Majors for Da 5 Bloods? Yeah, potentially.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

I’m still not convinced is Dune is going to be a major awards contender. I feel like people are putting WAY too much stock in the name Denis Villeneuve without considering how niche the novel is, and how it probably won’t be a smash at the box office. Also remember Blade Runner 2049, and how that was only a tech contender? By any stretch, what makes it more viable than Tenet?

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

I’m still not convinced is Dune is going to be a major awards contender. I feel like people are putting WAY too much stock in the name Denis Villeneuve without considering how niche the novel is, and how it probably won’t be a smash at the box office. Also remember Blade Runner 2049, and how that was only a tech contender? By any stretch, what makes it more viable than Tenet?

If you are comparing the chances of an action sci-fi and a fantasy sci-fi, I would go with the fantasy sci-fi (I know they don’t love fantasy but they have shown more love to that than action).

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I still think Delroy Lindo will compete in Supporting, since that category is so much weaker than lead. It’s essentially wide open for him. I’m surprised so many people are predicting him to campaign in lead, especially considering who the last two Supporting Actor winners were and their screentime.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I still think Delroy Lindo will compete in Supporting, since that category is so much weaker than lead. It’s essentially wide open for him. I’m surprised so many people are predicting him to campaign in lead, especially considering who the last two Supporting Actor winners were and their screentime.

Yes, the last two supporting winners were leads, but they were in films with other leads, while Lindo is widely agreed as the biggest part of his film, which makes the supporting placement harder to justify.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Yes, the last two supporting winners were leads, but they were in films with other leads, while Lindo is widely agreed as the biggest part of his film, which makes the supporting placement harder to justify.

Especially when there are other actors in that film that could go in Supporting.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

On a different note, Netflux is receiving a lot of basklash from people both in and out of the film industry regarding it’s marketing of Cuties/Mignonnes. Does anyone think this controversy could last and hurt Netflix’s chance at the Oscars next year? I personally don’t think it will, but you never know.

Fuck the Grammys

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.