Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 479 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
diego
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Ugh, it’s a matter of hours until prediction center opens. I’m so, so freaking happy. Also, first look at News of the World

2-time winner Mark Bridges is doing the costume design for this film. I think I know which film will be winning Best Costume Design this year.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

You guys do realize that Citizen Kane only lost because the producers of How Green Was My Valley launched an enormous campaign and basically bribed voters with free money? Voters did not “decide” Citizen Kane was worse: it was one of the most frauded Best Picture losses in the history of the academy.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Vanessa Kirby is less well know than Felicity Jones? Umm Vanessa Kirby literally is part of two big blockbuster franchises and has an Emmy nomination and a BAFTA award.

Felicity Jones is in fucking Star Wars.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Neither Felicity Jones or Vanessa Kirby are known by the GP. At least not by name. I’m not sure why were arguing over which one is more well known lol.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Felicity Jones is in fucking Star Wars.

And was nominated for an Oscar. I don’t think either of them have a ton of name recognition, but I’d say Jones is better-known.

Profile picture
    Connor from Canada
    Topics:

Are people really predicting Regina King for a nomination over Chloe Zhao? We all know the sexist Director branch will only nominate one female maximum, and Zhao has a far better shot than King.

Also, check yourselves if you think Fincher will lose. Director isn’t like Picture or Screenplay: it gets locked and stays locked down by one contender for the entire season, with very few exceptions. Bong Joon-Ho was the first surprise in that category since Ben Affleck’s snub.

Are you sure it’s because they’re sexist, and not because they take the Stephen King approach to voting? And that under the Stephen King approach to voting, both Zhao and King have a better shot at getting in than any pair of female director contendors from the past decade?

Follow my Letterboxd or something

https://letterboxd.com/ConnorWebb/

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

You guys do realize that Citizen Kane only lost because the producers of How Green Was My Valley launched an enormous campaign and basically bribed voters with free money? Voters did not “decide” Citizen Kane was worse: it was one of the most frauded Best Picture losses in the history of the academy.

Well, there’s a lot more to Citizen Kane’s loss than How Green Was My Valley’s campaign: William Randolph Hearst used his power to smear Citizen Kane. And he was a very influential figure, so it’s understandable the voters were afraid want to touch that film with a ten-foot pole. I haven’t heard much about HGWMV’s campaign though.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Well, there’s a lot more to Citizen Kane’s loss than How Green Was My Valley’s campaign: William Randolph Hearst used his power to smear Citizen Kane. And he was a very influential figure, so it’s understandable the voters were afraid want to touch that film with a ten-foot pole. I haven’t heard much about HGWMV’s campaign though.

I may have been stretching the truth about the “free money” comment, but How Green Was My Valley did have a huge campaign and John Ford was just more well liked by Oscar voters. It was clearly a frauded win.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Neither Felicity Jones or Vanessa Kirby are known by the GP. At least not by name. I’m not sure why were arguing over which one is more well known lol.

The OP was saying that Vanessa Kirby was more well known than Felicity Jones because she had supporting roles in major blockbuster franchises, completely ignoring the fact that Felicity Jones had a leading role in a franchise that was bigger than Mission Impossible and Fast and Furious combined. I was just calling them out.

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

Nobody is going into MI or F&F to see Vanessa Kirby, besides maybe GD, but iono why they’d go see those movies since there’s no lead actress in those franchise.

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

Nobody is going into MI or F&F to see Vanessa Kirby, besides maybe GD, but iono why they’d go see those movies since there’s no lead actress in those franchise.

This website has the most delusional people on the internet

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

Dune is not an above-the-line Oscar player either. Stop with the foolishness.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The OP was saying that Vanessa Kirby was more well known than Felicity Jones because she had supporting roles in major blockbuster franchises, completely ignoring the fact that Felicity Jones had a leading role in a franchise that was bigger than Mission Impossible and Fast and Furious combined. I was just calling them out.

Hmm Felicity Jones got her Oscar nomination in 2015. Are you suggesting she was more well known than Kirby at the time because she was in Star Wars (which was released a year after the 2015 Oscars)?

Nice try.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Leslie Odom, Jr. has an original song in One Night in Miami, he’s coming for that EGOT y’all.

per THR

(Odom also co-wrote and performs the beautiful original end credits song “Speak Now.”)

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

If anyone is in need of the annual Amy Adams snub, it’s Diane Warren. She literally going to tie Meryl’s record of losing 12x in a row if she gets nominated.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 479 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.