Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 479 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
diego
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Sophia Loren for the greatest comeback since Hepburn in 1981.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Are you serious?! Well…Her name is Vanessa Kirby and she’s famous for The Crown, Mission: Impossible – Fallout and Hobbs & Shaw.

Oh, of course, that’s where I recognize her from. I just couldn’t put a finger to the name.

Anyway, I doubt she’s going to be a major contednder. Her film is going to struggle to find an audience.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Regarding which film wins Best Adapted Screenplay this year, I’m really not sure. There’s no contednser that stands out as a frontrunner yet like Fincher in Director and Sorkin in Original Screenplay. I was predicting West Side Story, but considering the fact that there’s still no trailer for it and the allegations against Elgort, I think it will be delayed and/or reshot.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Regarding which film wins Best Adapted Screenplay this year, I’m really not sure. There’s no contender that stands out as a frontrunner yet like Fincher in Director and Sorkin in Original Screenplay. I was predicting West Side Story, but considering the fact that there’s still no trailer for it and the allegations against Elgort, I think it will be delayed and/or reshot.

I doubt West Side Story will be delayed considering it’s scheduled for December. I just don’t think it’s gonna be a major contender. I’m picking Nomadland for now.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Nomadland seems like the only rational choice to me right now.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Sophia Loren for the greatest comeback since Hepburn in 1981.

Sophia Loren, Ellen Burstyn, Glenn Close and Anthony Hopkins all posible contenders in 2020.

I’m going to be rooting for them and hoping Sophia and Ellen at least get the nominations.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Vanessa Kirby needs to and will sweep. It’s time she wins an award. Viola and Kate already have their first Oscars.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/09/vanessa-kirby-pieces-of-a-woman-movie/

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Regarding which film wins Best Adapted Screenplay this year, I’m really not sure. There’s no contednser that stands out as a frontrunner yet like Fincher in Director and Sorkin in Original Screenplay. I was predicting West Side Story, but considering the fact that there’s still no trailer for it and the allegations against Elgort, I think it will be delayed and/or reshot.

I don’t think the remake of WSS would be able to win the only Oscar the original adaptation didn’t get when it swept its other 10 nominations.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Vanessa Kirby needs to and will sweep. It’s time she wins an award. Viola and Kate already have their first Oscars.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/09/vanessa-kirby-pieces-of-a-woman-movie/

Sort of unrelated but she’s also been getting really good reception from The World to Come. I doubt she will be double nominated but it could boost her chances for Pieces of a Woman.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I don’t think the remake of WSS would be able to win the only Oscar the original adaptation didn’t get when it swept its other 10 nominations.

Yeah, on one hand, Tony Kushner’s one of the greatest writers of all time, but on the other hand, I struggle to see West Side Story winning for its screenplay, as the score is where it truly shines. I’m surprised that Kushner took on the project as his works are much more philosophical and wordy, but he did write the book for Caroline or Change, so I guess he wanted to do another musical.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sort of unrelated but she’s also been getting really good reception from The World to Come. I doubt she will be double nominated but it could boost her chances for Pieces of a Woman.

I think she can and will at the Globes à la ScarJo in 2004 if she goes supporting for The World to Come.

I think she (and not Winslet or Davis) will be winning the BAFTA. I mean they loved her enough to overcome their anti The Crown bias above the line to give her the TV BAFTA for season 2. She’s a British industry darling!

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I expect the following races will play out like this at each of the awards ceremonies :

PICTURE

Globes (Drama) – Mank
    Globes (Comedy) – French Exit
    Critics Choice – Mank
    BAFTA – Mank
    SAG – The Trial of the Chicago 7
    Oscars – The Trial of the Chicago 7

DIRECTOR

Globes – Fincher
    Critics Choice – Fincher
    BAFTA — Fincher
    DGA – Fincher
    Oscars – Fincher

ACTOR

Globes (Drama) – Hopkins
    Globes (Comedy) – Broadbent
    Critics Choice – Hopkins
    BAFTA – Hopkins
    SAG – Hopkins
    Oscar – Hopkins

ACTRESS

Globes (Drama) – Adams (alt : Winslet)
    Globes (Comedy) – Pfeiffer
    Critics Choice – Kirby
    BAFTA – Kirby (or Adams or Winslet)
    SAG – Davis
    Oscar – Kirby (who I’m predicting right now)

S. ACTRESS

Globes – Colman
    Critics Choice – Close
    BAFTA – Ronan
    SAG – Close
    Oscar – Close

S. ACTOR

Globes – Boseman
    Critics Choice – Boseman
    BAFTA – Boseman
    SAG – Boseman
    Oscar – Boseman

SCREENPLAY

Globes – The Trial of the Chicago 7
    Critics Choice – The Trial of the Chicago 7 (Original), Hillbilly Elegy (Adapted)
    BAFTA – The Trial of the Chicago 7
    WGA – The Trial of the Chicago 7 (Original), Hillbilly Elegy (Adapted)
    Oscar – The Trial of the Chicago 7 (Original), Hillbilly Elegy (Adapted)

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I’m manifesting a surprise contender that absolutely shakes up the season in my mind. I want that to happen.

Here’s to a season unlike any other before or since. May your predictions be right, and may the failures of predictions be something to look back on with amusement and mirth.

May the ballots be in your favour, and may we have a year of films worth rewarding.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

The Vanessa Kirby’s critical acclaim for Pieces of a Woman reminds me of Natalie Portman’s for Black Swan… which is a good thing! I’m very curious about her performance!

Right now, my Best Actress predictions are:
    #1: Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom (the buzz, the hype… a man can’t ignore)
    #2: Kate Winslet, Ammonite
    #3: Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman (praying for a good distributor!)
    #4: Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    #5: Frances McDormand, Nomadland
    ——————————–
    #6: Halle Berry, Bruised
    #7: Michelle Pfeiffer, The French Exit
    #8: Sidney Flanigan, Never Rarely Sometimes Always
    #9: Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    #10: Sophia Loren, The Life Ahead / La vita davanti a sé

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am starting to wonder if Loren might play spoiler for the Globe and win there and SAG like Glenn and become the frontrunner but then lose to whomever wins the BAFTA.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 479 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.