Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 479 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
diego
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Could we see a year like 2002 where two POC win in lead?

Regina King winning Director would be the ultimate statement.

Two black winners in Lead is possible, Davis/Kaluuya is pretty plausible pair.

Regina King is going nowhere near Directing win tho, not only is this her debut, the fact that the film is an adaptation of a play doesn’t really give her a space to make this some big technical, directorial achievment in vein of previous winners.

Re: Chadwick, he does absolutely nothing in Da 5 Bloods and campaigning him for it would be a waste of time, since I’m pretty sure he would be going nowhere near the nomination.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think people are underestimating how historic a win for Davis would be. Sure she missed out an Emmy nomination this year after going viral when hitting out at Hollywood for not giving her what she deserves but it could be that the film industry is waiting to give her what she deserves.

Anyway we love to see Davis winning.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Davis does tend to win big for August Wilson adaptations so the chances are pretty high.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trial of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    Damucracia
    Topics:

Could Chadwick receive 2 nominations in 1 year? Lead for Ma Rainey’s & Supporting for Da 5 Bloods? 🤷🏾‍♂️

unpopular opinion: I don’t see anything special in Chadwick in Da 5 Bloods

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Hopkins
    2. Lindo
    3. Oldman
    4. Boseman
    5. Hanks

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Davis does tend to win big for August Wilson adaptations so the chances are pretty high.

Her track record with his material is just too good to ignore. 3 Tony nominations (2 wins) and an Oscar win, all August Wilson plays/adaptation.

Profile picture
    Choice Chayawat
    Topics:

The Help. She lost to Meryl Streep in an incredibly close race.

She was also considered a frontrunner in Best Actress for Fences very early in the season before officially moving to Supporting Actress and easily sweeping there.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

unpopular opinion: I don’t see anything special in Chadwick in Da 5 Bloods

He was good but the standouts from the cast other than Delroy Lindo were definitely Jonathan Majors and Clarke Peters.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

He was good but the standouts from the cast other than Delroy Lindo were definitely Jonathan Majors and Clarke Peters.

Yeah, I don’t see Chadwick getting nominated for 5 Bloods. Ma Rainey I think has much bigger buzz anyway.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trial of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

If Bruised disappoints, Barry Jenkins should cast her in a supporting role so she can get nomination #2.

I have this vision of her being cast as a dance professor/teacher/instructor in the Alvin Ailey biopic he has coming up. I want her to work with more black directors.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

More people (including myself) are predicting Zhao, but I wonder if King winds up being the bigger female director player, as it sounds like a great debut, and she’s very well established and loved in the industry.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

More people (including myself) are predicting Zhao, but I wonder if King winds up being the bigger female director player, as it sounds like a great debut, and she’s very well established and loved in the industry.

I’m waiting to see what the reaction to Nomadland is tomorrow. I have both in but I have a feeling Zhao’s film is going to be more of a directorial achievement.

Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

Mel Gibson, Roman Polanski, & Woody Allen re-entered the race after career defining controversies. Most people have already forgotten about Ansel’s allegations. WSS will fail to make BP if it doesn’t live up to expectations.

These are not valid comparisons. I do reluctantly agree though that allegations against Ansel are mostly forgotten. That doesn’t mean to say they won’t be remembered upon release.

Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

Loved as an actor doesn’t necessarily translate into loved as a director, as we’ve seen recently. It’s sad we’ve already reduced it to the bigger female player, because we all know only one, if any, is getting in.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 479 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.