Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 466 through 479 (of 479 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
diego
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

These are not valid comparisons. I do reluctantly agree though that allegations against Ansel are mostly forgotten. That doesn’t mean to say they won’t be remembered upon release.

How so? Each of those men were accused of inhumane atrocities (racism, rape, molestation, abuse, misogyny) and still managed to re-enter the race or even win an Oscar.

Casey Affleck had accusations of sexual harassment in 2010 and won Lead Actor a few years later. The Academy tends to pick and choose when to be outraged.

If WSS proves to be a critical and financial success, one actor’s alleged misconduct won’t stop voters from placing it on their ballots. Spielberg also has an impressive track record of BP nominations.

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

Two female directors getting in would be amazing but unfortunately we’re not there yet.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Two female directors getting in, two WOC at that to piss off more people sounds like a dream. But yeah, it probably won’t happen

But I’m glad to see such glowing reviews for Regina’s debut. Homegirl been working her ass off for 35 years and it feels good to see her on this winning streak

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

David Fincher feels like the obvious frontrunner for Best Director right now. Based on Mank’s baitiness and his overdue narrative.

But Regina King is beloved in the industry. One Night in Miami is receiving raves. It’s equally baity and even more timely. Awarding her would kill 2 birds with 1 stone: the first Black/female directing win. She very well may make history.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Two female directors getting in, two WOC at that to piss off more people sounds like a dream. But yeah, it probably won’t happen

But I’m glad to see such glowing reviews for Regina’s debut. Homegirl been working her ass off for 35 years and it feels good to see her on this winning streak

AMPAS is full of white men, but directors’ branch is in another level. We’ll be lucky if we get one woman (or PoC) nominated.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

AMPAS is full of white men, but directors’ branch is in another level. We’ll be lucky if we get one woman (or PoC) nominated.

The sad reality

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I’m waiting to see what the reaction to Nomadland is tomorrow. I have both in but I have a feeling Zhao’s film is going to be more of a directorial achievement.

I currently have Zhao at my 2 spot and Regina right outside of the 5 at like 7. I guess we’ll know for sure tomorrow if Nomadland is going to be one of the frontrunners like everyone is predicting it to be.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Just strolling around the site today. How the hell is this still in part 8 when the Grammys one is in its 40’s?

And I feel those new Best Picture “standards” are pointless. Thank God they’re pulling that BS for just one category though. Everyone knows the real Best Picture winner is the Best Director winner.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

David Fincher feels like the obvious frontrunner for Best Director right now. Based on Mank’s baitiness and his overdue narrative. But Regina King is beloved in the industry. One Night in Miami is receiving raves. It’s equally baity and even more timely. Awarding her would kill 2 birds with 1 stone: the first Black/female directing win. She very well may make history.

How ‘two birds’? She would be the first black female winner, but the first female winner was Kathryn Bigelow.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Zhao is still ahead of King.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I would just like to remind people that Fincher was expected to be the obvious winner for best director for The Social Network. And we all know how that turned out.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trial of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

Hoping Steven Yeun will make it through with Minari with the good reviews, good residual from Burning, and of course making up for the total shut out of anyone Asian in acting (and in general) last year.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

A film with Ansel Elgort in it won’t make in at Best Picture.

There hasn’t been any news on the allegation since June. I honestly think most people have forgotten about it. He definitely won’t be nominated for anything but I think this situation will be more like Bohemian Rhapsody: where it gets nominated for Picture and other categories, everyone except Elgort shows up to the Oscars, and they just never acknowledge his existence.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

There hasn’t been any news on the allegation since June. I honestly think most people have forgotten about it. He definitely won’t be nominated for anything but I think this situation will be more like Bohemian Rhapsody: where it gets nominated for Picture and other categories, everyone except Elgort shows up to the Oscars, and they just never acknowledge his existence.

So like Kevin Spacey in Baby Driver. Like kind of father, like kind of son.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trial of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Viewing 14 posts - 466 through 479 (of 479 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.