Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 479 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
diego
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

I’m betting Regina King gets a Directing nomination, but I don’t see her winning over David Fincher.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Baby, David is beyond not happening. I don’t think Regina takes this, but Fincher won’t either.

Who does win Director, then?

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Lol some people thinking Regina King is winning over David Fincher? That’s a delusion if I ever saw one.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Ugh, it’s a matter of hours until prediction center opens. I’m so, so freaking happy.

Also, first look at News of the World

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

I don’t know? I’ll tell you that around March 2021.

What an easy and cheap way to avoid my question.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Fincher winning is very likely lol. This seems like his first film in a while that actually aligns with what the Academy tends to love and reward. We know they love stories about Hollywood, so a film following the screenwriter of one of the most famous/well regarded films of all time? Sounds like a slam dunk to me. Netflix will also push it, and Fincher, super hard since it’s supposedly their #1 contender.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Also, first look at News of the World

Finally. It was about time they released something. I’m guessing we get a trailer next month if they plan to stick to the Christmas date.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

He may not win, even if I’m predictin him to, but he won’t be beaten by Regina King.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ugh, it’s a matter of hours until prediction center opens. I’m so, so freaking happy. Also, first look at News of the World

For some reason I don’t want to trust a film that shares a name with a phone hacking tabloid…

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Erm Citizen Kane is the epitome of overratedness, the Academy severely rejected it (rightfully) and the film aged like dairy. I don’t buy Fincher like at all, I’m well aware of Netflix payola and everything but then we have ppl like Bombach and DeNiro missing Director/lead actor and The Irishman flopping across the board so I don’t trust their payola. Ofc there are Dern and Cuaron (Academy darlings) tho I think these two were always winning regardless of Netflix backing them up. I may be wrong, but yeh that’s where I stand.

1. Your opinion regarding Citizen Kane is clearly unpopular considering it’s very much regarded by many as one of the greatest (if not the greatest) films of all time. So put your obvious bias aside for once.

2. Baumbach missing has absolutely zero bearing over Fincher’s chances lol, especially since Baumbach has never been recognized by the Academy for his direction whereas Fincher has (twice).

3. The Irishman didn’t not win any Oscars because it was a Netflix film. Once again, no correlation.

4. Dern wasn’t an Academy darling before she won.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

AMPAS’ view on it? Please Citizen Kane severely flopped at the Oscars, that says it all.

In 1942?! Those voters are dead girl.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Best response I’ve read all day.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Not to mention it didn’t even flop lmao. It was nominated across the board and won screenplay (which is what Mank is about! – the writer). It’s like that poster thinks because Citizen Kane didn’t win Picture or Director that suddenly means Mank can’t or won’t win Picture or Director either lol.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Fincher
    2. Anderson
    3. Sorkin
    4. Zhao
    5. Villeneuve/ Greengrass

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Netflix severely payola’d The Irishman, Bombach and DeNiro yet they still flopped, educate yourself! They’ll obviously payola the hell out of Mank and I’m predicting it to flop just like the others, deal with it.

And what about Roma? Didn’t that win Director? Wasn’t that a Netflix film? You’re probably the most biased poster I’ve seen on this forum in a while. You don’t actually make any points, you just make absurd statements that have no correlation to any films competing this year. Grow up.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 479 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.