Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 479 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
diego
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Baby, I just told you Cuaron and Dern did NOT need Netflix’s payola…. Fincher has constantly been rejected by his peers lol can’t wait for it to happen again next year.

Once again, you’re just making claims that you can’t actually prove. Who said that Cuarón and Dern would win without Netflix? How could you even know that? You can’t. You’re just saying that because it fits your narrative.

You can’t say that The Irishman and Baumbach “failed” at the Oscars despite Netflix’s “payola” but then say that Cuarón and Dern didn’t fail at the Oscars despite Netflix’s “payola” because they would have won with or without Netflix.

If you’re going to make an argument against Fincher, try to actually come up with something that’s logical and could be backed up with facts. Otherwise people will continue to disregard your posts as jokes because of your very obvious bias.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Remember when I said King was a lock for the nomination in Directing and people called me delusional? Oh the days.

You say people are delusional rather a lot for someone who is now mocking people for calling you delusional.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m probably going to select like 30 contenders for Actress in the predictions centre tomorrow and spend half an hour trying to get down to 5.

Who are you guys predicting for Actress? I’m only confident in Kate, Viola and to an extent Amy. I feel like I have to put Aretha in at least at the Globes.

And what about Roma? Didn’t that win Director? Wasn’t that a Netflix film? You’re probably the most biased poster I’ve seen on this forum in a while. You don’t actually make any points, you just make absurd statements that have no correlation to any films competing this year. Grow up.

That user literally sent me a random DM saying “lol Cate Blanchett is not winning a 3rd Oscar” and literally keeps coming back under different user names to troll people. I’d suggest we just ignore.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

Baby, I just told you Cuaron and Dern did NOT need Netflix’s payola…. Fincher has constantly been rejected by his peers lol can’t wait for it to happen again next year.

It’s not like voters go “Muahuahauh I hate you David Fincher, you will never win an Oscar!”. I think he is very respected and just need a little push to win director. He was probably very, very close in 2011.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Fincher definitely has the narrative. Whether or not Mank is any good remains to be seen, the first stills certainly look good but who knows. He should have won in 2011.

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Not to mention it didn’t even flop lmao. It was nominated across the board and won screenplay (which is what Mank is about! – the writer). It’s like that poster thinks because Citizen Kane didn’t win Picture or Director that suddenly means Mank can’t or won’t win Picture or Director either lol.

All this is true, though I do have a niggling doubt about Mank in that some Academy members may feel reluctant to overly reward a movie that’s largely focused on (and apparently stylistically resembles) another, and an especially venerated one at that. If people regard Mank as being too beholden to Citizen Kane then that could potentially work against it. I could even imagine an older voter thinking, well if Welles couldn’t win for Kane doesn’t seem right that Fincher should win for this. But who knows.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Mank is going Fincher’s most Oscar-friendly film so far. It’s completely different from his other work and is about Hollywood history (which they love). To say right now he doesn’t have a chance of winning is just not true.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Fincher definitely has the narrative. Whether or not Mank is any good remains to be seen, the first stills certainly look good but who knows. He should have won in 2011.

Well I am sure Fincher is probably laughing about the fact that despite losing the Oscar he’s still directing prestigious films and Tom Hooper is directing Razzy winning films about digital furrified cat-human hybrids.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

How Green Was My Valley is 100X better than Citizen Kane and Ford rightfully won over Welles. Also, The King Speech> The Social Network but y’all ain’t ready for this conversation.

You’re right, we aren’t because it is irrelevant.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Fincher, is the frontrunner.

I’m not predicting winners yet, but at this point, he has the best odds for a nomination. This shouldn’t even be a question.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At worst Fincher will end up like Scorcese this year.

I think I’m going to predict a Sorkin snub.

Profile picture
    mansos
    Topics:

Reading the reviews for One Night in Miami, it looks like Kingsley Ben-Adir has the meatiest role as Malcolm X (And to some degree Leslie Odom Jr.)

If there’s an actor nominated for this film, I believe it’s gonna be Kingsley. But I wonder if they’ll put him in lead or supporting. I guess the wise choice would be supporting, cause it sounds to me that Ali is more of the lead, but that’s just a feeling.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Vanessa Kirby is less well know than Felicity Jones? Umm Vanessa Kirby literally is part of two big blockbuster franchises and has an Emmy nomination and a BAFTA award.

I wonder if she might happen for The World to Come instead? The reviewer states that film seems a bit more Academy friendly than Pieces of a Woman but that her performance in the latter is more acclaimed (although her performance in the former is still quite acclaimed).

Whether she happens or not there’s no denying that she’s killing it at the moment and that she has proven herself she is capable of getting awards buzz.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/vanessa-kirby-wows-venice-with-pieces-of-a-woman-the-world-to-come

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Regarding Kirby – I don’t think she’ll get awards love for either movie (even if she should), but I think this will do great things for her career. It’ll further boost her profile and show that she can lead a film, which is honestly what should be most important to her right now. I do think she can win Best Actress at Venice though. Obviously, things can change if either films finds a solid distributor.

Profile picture
    Manuelcolon
    Topics:

Vanessa Kirby is less well know than Felicity Jones? Umm Vanessa Kirby literally is part of two big blockbuster franchises and has an Emmy nomination and a BAFTA award.

I wonder if she might happen for The World to Come instead? The reviewer states that film seems a bit more Academy friendly than Pieces of a Woman but that her performance in the latter is more acclaimed (although her performance in the former is still quite acclaimed).

Whether she happens or not there’s no denying that she’s killing it at the moment and that she has proven herself she is capable of getting awards buzz.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/vanessa-kirby-wows-venice-with-pieces-of-a-woman-the-world-to-come

Dude, can you please stop arguing? You already made your point clear tons of times, now let’s just wait and see what happens.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 479 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.