Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 479 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
diego
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

AMPAS’ view on it? Please Citizen Kane severely flopped at the Oscars, that says it all. Ofc Mank is different story so let’s see how it goes…

I’m guessing you were thinking then that Renee Zellweger wouldn’t win the Oscar because Judy Garland never won an Oscar? Just give up already.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think this is what I’ll go with for Actress for now (obviously if one of these has 100/1 odds or great odds I’ll chose those over my projected five)  :

1. Kate Winslet
    2. Viola Davis
    3. Amy Adams
    4. Jennifer Hudson
    5. Frances McDormand

6. Michelle Pfeiffer
    7. Sophia Loren
    8. Vanessa Kirby
    9. Carey Mulligan
    10. Jessica Chastain

And for Actor I’ll go :

1. Anthony Hopkins

2. Gary Oldman

3. Delroy Lindo
    4. Bill Murray
    5. Kingsley-Ben Adir

6. Eddie Redmayne
    7. Daniel Kaluuya
    8. Lucas Hedges
    9. Joaquin Phoenix
    10. Jim Broadbent

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

I think this is what I’ll go with for Actress for now (obviously if one of these has 100/1 odds or great odds I’ll chose those over my projected five) : 1. Kate Winslet 2. Viola Davis 3. Amy Adams 4. Jennifer Hudson 5. Frances McDormand 6. Michelle Pfeiffer 7. Sophia Loren 8. Vanessa Kirby 9. Carey Mulligan 10. Jessica Chastain And for Actor I’ll go : 1. Anthony Hopkins 2. Gary Oldman 3. Delroy Lindo 4. Bill Murray 5. Kingsley-Ben Adir 6. Eddie Redmayne 7. Daniel Kaluuya 8. Lucas Hedges 9. Joaquin Phoenix 10. Jim Broadbent

Murray is not happening in lead and I’m pretty sure that Kingsley is gonna be supporting. One Night in Miami seems to have no definitive lead based on the reviews.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Glad to see Elsa Mars has been banned again for their abusive behaviour. Is there a way for a mod to ban ip addresses because it’s getting really annoying when they get banned and keep coming back through sock puppeting? Is there a way for a mod to ban the ip addresses of banned users?

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

The short answer is yes in some cases, but not this one unfortunately.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

I think Gold Derby should create a list of rules and what makes someone worthy of ban (whether IP ban or regular ban). It’s kinda confusing the current way tbh.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah like some sort of community guidelines? Therefore as soon as there are multiple breaches one can be banned. That way it doesn’t only cut the number of abusive users that come onto the forum but it also helps decrease the toxic nature of the forum and help ALL users (including myself) help control our language and behaviour on this site.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

I think anything criminal should result in an IP ban: racism, xenophobia, LGBTphobia etc.

Things that annoys people, like trolling, should result in a temporary ban (we do have to give people a time to think better, right?).

GD is the only forum I use that doesn’t have a community guideline.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I’m trying to get reinstated into Awardsworthy since I’ve been banned indefinitely for no reason at all.

Does anyone how to do it??

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think anything criminal should result in an IP ban: racism, xenophobia, LGBTphobia etc. Things that annoys people, like trolling, should result in a temporary ban (we do have to give people a time to think better, right?). GD is the only forum I use that doesn’t have a community guideline.

What I also find weird is how users call out harassment against some users but not against others simply because they don’t like them. I think harassment is harassment and should be called out on all fronts if a user refuses to stop their toxic behaviour or apologise for it.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

One note: Millie Bobby Brown (“Enola Holmes”) to contend for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical.
    Reviews are here and it seems the young girl delivers!
    As for “One Night in Miami”… I was not see it coming!

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    Mauricio Gonzalez
    Topics:

Best Picture
    1. Mank
    2. Nomadland
    3. One Night in Miami
    4. Dune
    5. The Trial of The Chicago 7
    6. Ammonite
    7. News of the Word
    8. Judas and the Black Messiah
    9. Ma Rainer’s Black Bottom
    10. Soul

11. Da 5 Bloods

Best Director
    1. David Fincher, Mank
    2, Chloe Zhao, Nomadland
    3. Denis Villeneuve, Dune
    4, Aaron Sorkin, The Trial of the Chicago 7
    5. Paul Greengrass, News of the World

6. Spike Lee, Da 5 Bloods

Best Actress
    1. Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman
    2. Viola Davis, Ma Reiner’s Black Bottom
    3. Frances McDormand, Nomadland
    4. Andra Day, The United States vs. Billie Holliday
    5. Halle Berry, Bruised

6. Michelle Pfeiffer, Frech Exit

Best Actor
    1. Anthony Hopkins, The Father
    2. Gary Oldman, Mank
    3. Delroy Lindo, Da 5 Bloods
    4. Tom Hanks, News of the World
    5. Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah

6. Timothée Chalamet, Dune

Best S. Actor
    1. Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainer’s Black Bottom4
    2. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, The Trial of the Chicago 7
    3. Ben Kingsley-Adir, one Night in Miami
    4. Sacha Baron Cohen, The Trial of the Chicago 7
    5. Lakeith Stanfield, Judas and the Black Messiah

6. Charles Dance, Mank

Best S. Actress
    1. Glen Close, Hillbilly Elegy
    2. Amanda Seyfried, Mank
    3. Saoirse Ronan, Ammonite
    4. Olivia Colman, The Father
    5. Helena Zengel, News of the World

6. Natasha Lyonne, The United States vs. Billie Holiday

Best A. Screenplay
    1. Nomadland
    2. One Night in Miami
    3. News of the World
    4. Ma Rainer’s Back Bottom
    5. The Humans

6. First Cow

Best O. Screenplay
    1. Mank
    2. The Trial of the Cicago 7
    3. Ammonite
    4. Judas and the Black Messiah
    5. Soul

6. Minari

Animated
    1. Soul
    2. Connected
    3. Over the Moon
    4. Onward
    5. Earwig and the Witch

6. Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

It’s getting trickier but… From what I’ve read, I believe “One Night in Miami” will be contending for:

A NICE SHOT:
    – Best Picture
    – Best Adapted Screenplay (FRONT-RUNNER)
    – Best Supporting Actor (Kingsley Ben-Adir)
    – Best Original Score (Terence Blanchard)

CAN HAPPEN
    – Best Supporting Actor (Leslie Odom Jr.)
    – Best Cinematography (Tami Reiker)

MAYBE
    – Best Director (Regina King), I know it hurts, but if Chloe Zhao’s directing shines in Nomadland and Nomadland is as good as it seems, I don’t think the AMPAS will nominate 2 female directors (unfortunately!)
    – Best Editing (Tariq Anwar)

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

Best Picture 1. Mank 2. Nomadland 3. One Night in Miami 4. Dune 5. The Trial of The Chicago 7 6. Ammonite 7. News of the Word 8. Judas and the Black Messiah 9. Ma Rainer’s Black Bottom 10. Soul 11. Da 5 Bloods Best Director 1. David Fincher, Mank 2, Chloe Zhao, Nomadland 3. Denis Villeneuve, Dune 4, Aaron Sorkin, The Trial of the Chicago 7 5. Paul Greengrass, News of the World 6. Spike Lee, Da 5 Bloods Best Actress 1. Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman 2. Viola Davis, Ma Reiner’s Black Bottom 3. Frances McDormand, Nomadland 4. Andra Day, The United States vs. Billie Holliday 5. Halle Berry, Bruised 6. Michelle Pfeiffer, Frech Exit Best Actor 1. Anthony Hopkins, The Father 2. Gary Oldman, Mank 3. Delroy Lindo, Da 5 Bloods 4. Tom Hanks, News of the World 5. Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah 6. Timothée Chalamet, Dune Best S. Actor 1. Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainer’s Black Bottom4 2. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, The Trial of the Chicago 7 3. Ben Kingsley-Adir, one Night in Miami 4. Sacha Baron Cohen, The Trial of the Chicago 7 5. Lakeith Stanfield, Judas and the Black Messiah 6. Charles Dance, Mank Best S. Actress 1. Glen Close, Hillbilly Elegy 2. Amanda Seyfried, Mank 3. Saoirse Ronan, Ammonite 4. Olivia Colman, The Father 5. Helena Zengel, News of the World 6. Natasha Lyonne, The United States vs. Billie Holiday Best A. Screenplay 1. Nomadland 2. One Night in Miami 3. News of the World 4. Ma Rainer’s Back Bottom 5. The Humans 6. First Cow Best O. Screenplay 1. Mank 2. The Trial of the Cicago 7 3. Ammonite 4. Judas and the Black Messiah 5. Soul 6. Minari Animated 1. Soul 2. Connected 3. Over the Moon 4. Onward 5. Earwig and the Witch 6. Wolfwalkers

This looks quite solid, although I do believe The French Dispatch will be a strong contender in multiple categories this year…

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Are people really predicting Regina King for a nomination over Chloe Zhao? We all know the sexist Director branch will only nominate one female maximum, and Zhao has a far better shot than King.

Also, check yourselves if you think Fincher will lose. Director isn’t like Picture or Screenplay: it gets locked and stays locked down by one contender for the entire season, with very few exceptions. Bong Joon-Ho was the first surprise in that category since Ben Affleck’s snub.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 479 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.