Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 472 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
diego
Bassett
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I still think Saoirse and Kate can get in, but they are anything but locked. Also seeing that there’s barely any music so I’m taking that off from my predictions.

No, MAYBE WINSLET, if the competition is not too packed and I think it will be, but if it continues like this, idon’t see any support or passion to make Ronan a coattail nomination.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

RIP Kate Winslet’s Oscars WIN chances :

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Has to be Viola, hadn’t theY announce that screening were about to start when Boseman passed away.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

No, MAYBE WINSLET, if the competition is not too packed and I think it will be, but if it continues like this, idon’t see any support or passion to make Ronan a coattail nomination.

The thing is that there’s barely any contenders yet in Supporting Actress, so I’m more confident in Saoirse. Best Actress is going to be a bloodbath and if there’s not a lot of passion for Winslet then I can see her being left out.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mixed responses for Ammonite. Definetely not a BP contender. Nomadland and One Night in Miami rises.

Not a contender for the win. I’ll wait and see whether to take out of nominations yet.

The way Vanessa Kirby is going to win that BAFTA that we all thought was going to go to Kate and how Viola is winning that Oscar.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Now Queen V. can rise to #1 in our odds like she should.

I can’t wait for her to break the internet when the first look of Ma Rainey’s drops.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Holy shit I didn’t expect this film to be mediocre lmao. I’m sad actually, Lee’s first film was beautiful. Yeah, this is fucking dead.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I don’t think this film is comparable to Joker or Jojo Rabbit, two crowd pleaser movies.

If Ammonite couldn’t do well with critics, I doubt it will do well with the Academy.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

I can’t wait for her to break the internet when the first look of Ma Rainey’s drops.

It’s going to be special for so many different reasons. I am ready.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I guess sure you’re right there.

But I would say that considering how Margot Robbie and Charlize Theron got in last year I wouldn’t rule out Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan getting in (although Charlize had the transformative aspect going for her).

FYC:

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

The trailer alone will win Viola and Chadwick the Oscar.

FYC Oscars: Licorice Pizza (Best Picture, Best Director, Original Screenplay), The Mitchells vs The Machines (Best Picture, Animated Feature, Original Screenplay), Wes Anderson (Best Director), Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of MacBeth), Andrew Garfield and Robin de Jesus (Tick, Tick...BOOM!), Jayne Houdyshell (The Humans), Stephen Karam (Adapted Screenplay), Attica and Summer of Soul (Best Documentary)

FYC Razzies: Dear Evan Hansen (in all eligible categories)

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

Based on what I’m reading, Shaw might end up having a better chance than Ronan… apparently the entire Winslet/Ronan chemistry just wasn’t there like it should have been. Who knows, only the first reviews. Feels like it got shot though.

As for lead actress, clearly McDormand’s having a great week. She could runaway with it easy by the looks of it. I’m also under the impression Kirby could get a huge boost if Pieces of A Woman lands proper distribution. Wouldn’t be too surprised if Loren ends up being a major contender either (and I’ll assume that’s the performance the Deadline writer was talking about— might be wrong, but just my assumption).

Oddly, depending on whatever they’ve done with the script, Viola Davis could probably win supporting actress with ease. I know they’re leaning lead, but it’s barely a ‘lead’ role. Have to see how Ma Rainey turns out. Haven’t even spotted a poster yet.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Letterboxd reviews are bad. A lot of 2, 2.5 stars reviews.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

If Ammonite couldn’t do well with critics, I doubt it will do well with the Academy.

Exactly, if Carol and Portrait couldn’t then this definitely won’t.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Even though I wasn’t pushing Kate or Saoirse for the win, I’m quite sad for the reception this movie is getting. God’s Own Country was a masterpiece and I thought Ammonite was going to be amazing as well. I was SO here for an Oscar comeback from Kate. I even had her #1 in my predictions…

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 472 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.