Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 472 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
diego
Bassett
  • Profile picture
    Jacob Boe
    Topics:

So, I already asked this, but I was at the bottom of a page so I don’t think anybody saw it. Why is Amy in lead? And, more importantly, why is anyone predicting her in lead? Hillbilly Elegy is based on a memoir by J.D. Vance. Shouldn’t Gabriel Basso, who is playing J.D. Vance, be the lead? And, from what I’ve read and heard – by some even on past threads, doesn’t Glenn have the bigger role? Also, I saw someone say they wouldn’t campaign Amy in Supporting so as not to interfere with Close, but, how would that interfere? Woody didn’t interfere with Sam.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/NetflixFilm/status/1304827599688839168

The Trial of the Chicago 7 trailer tomorrow.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

So, I already asked this, but I was at the bottom of a page so I don’t think anybody saw it. Why is Amy in lead? And, more importantly, why is anyone predicting her in lead? Hillbilly Elegy is based on a memoir by J.D. Vance. Shouldn’t Gabriel Basso, who is playing J.D. Vance, be the lead? And, from what I’ve read and heard – by some even on past threads, doesn’t Glenn have the bigger role? Also, I saw someone say they wouldn’t campaign Amy in Supporting so as not to interfere with Close, but, how would that interfere? Woody didn’t interfere with Sam.

Because of test screening where people say Amy’s role is larger than Glenn’s. I read part of the book and Glenn definitely has a bigger role but I assume Amy’s was expanded for the film.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I assume Amy’s was expanded for the film.

I don’t know whether her role will be expanded though (*coughs*) Vice (*coughs*).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

I’d say Tilda Swinton (although she just received a lifetime achievement award there so maybe not),  

Tilda Swinton isn’t in any films in competition.

Right now it’s Kirby v Yu Aoi v McDormand v Vysotskaya v Duricic

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Tilda Swinton isn’t in any films in competition. Right now it’s Kirby v Yu Aoi v McDormand v Vysotskaya v Duricic

My bad! I thought the Almodovar film screened in competition.

You forgot Waterston.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

What’s the buzz on Another Round for International? EDIT: got the name of the film wrong

Hopefully strong. I would love to see Mads be competitive for Best Actor too.

https://twitter.com/NetflixFilm/status/1304827599688839168 The Trial of the Chicago 7 trailer tomorrow.

Finally!!!! The conversation has died for this but I still think it is winning Best Picture – it has the factor of being extremely timely, being about riots.

Profile picture
    Hayden
    Topics:

My bad! I thought the Almodovar film screened in competition. You forgot Waterston.

Nah, Almodovar’s film is a short (30-ish minutes I think). Looking forward to it, but it’s out of comp. All good though.

Main reason I didn’t mention Waterston is because the only instance I see her winning is in a tie with Kirby (albeit, not for Pieces of A Woman).

Being said, Zhao should get best director. No idea for the Golden Lion (maybe Neuvo Orden? It would be three Mexican directors in four years though… dunno)

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Adams and Close won’t be put in the same category, there teams will want them both to win

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Honestly would prefer for Saoirse to be snubbed so she doesn’t have to lose again and also her win needs to be in lead (Glenn’s should too but at this point, whatever works). Clear the way for a first time nominee like Amanda Seyfried

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Vanessa Kirby just won the Volpi Cup. She’s coming!!!!

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Definitely a step on the road! By no means a guarantee in such a stacked category though – the movie will still need good distribution.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

For sure it will need good distribution but I think it will get that. Pete Hammond of Deadline said if A distributor picks it up she’s a lock for the nomination and so is Ellen Burstyn and that it’s a film distributors want, she is campaigning, she was the hottest thing in Venice (her Instagram following surged after the two films screened) and she now has the support of Cate Blanchett (who implied that there was no other choice when she announced her as the winner) and Martin Scorcese (who joined the film as a producer)!

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

just wanna add that almost all american produced golden lion winners then went on to win best director at the oscars sans joker, which got a director nom anyway. chloe is coming!

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

For an Indie Spirit nom!

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 472 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.