Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscars Ceremony Details

2021 Oscars Ceremony Details

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
SN
wolfali
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

According to Deadline, publicists are really angry that there’ll be no Zoom option. If the Academy doesn’t change this, it’s very likely that Emerald Fennell won’t be able to accept her Original Screenplay Oscar due to travel restrictions from the UK.

Sacha Baron Cohen is in Australia and if he leaves, he will have to do another 2 week supervised hotel quarantine on his return (and if he doesn’t, faces the wrath of his wife’s compatriots). It’s like Americans don’t realise other countries have travel restrictions.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

It’s like Americans don’t realise other countries have travel restrictions.

This reminds me of an old Lily Tomlin routine when she was performing as Ernestine, an AT&T telephone operator: “We don’t care. We don’t have to– we’re the phone company.”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Apart from Carey Mulligan (who is in the US because she has a film to shoot anyway) I doubt any of the British or foreign nominees are going to commit to flying over to Los Angeles to attend during a deadly pandemic when they have to go through travel restrictions as well.

Someone like Olivia Colman may have intentionally flown to Los Angeles in normal times due to being nominated for one of the highest honours in cinema but this is a pandemic. No one wants to get ill or even go through the hassle of travelling. Not to mention that some of these people (definitely someone as in demand as Olivia Colman or Vanessa Kirby) will be in strict bubbles considering they are shooting their own projects.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Chaplin
    Topics:

I just don’t understand why nominees aren’t allowed to attend via Zoom, it makes no sense. I know the producers want a ‘normal’ ceremony, but this is not a normal year, we are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic!

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

They’re doing it for ratings but regular people just don’t care this year anyway I doubt it’s going to change much.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I won’t lie that I want a in person event because these Zoom awards are a borefest, but not giving a Zoom option for people who cannot attend the ceremony is beyond stupid in the times we’re living in.

They shouldn’t be so worried about ratings. The telecast ratings will drop like a rock one way or another. Giving a Zoom option won’t make a difference for audiences.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

According to Deadline, publicists are really angry that there’ll be no Zoom option.

If the Academy doesn’t change this, it’s very likely that Emerald Fennell won’t be able to accept her Original Screenplay Oscar due to travel restrictions from the UK.

Good. It’s the height of arrogance on the producers’ part not having a Zoom option for people still suffering through a global pandemic with travel restrictions.

Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

They are going to have to adjust. While I am tired of the crunchy Zooms too, this is the reality for the time being and it would be shameful for nominees to miss out on being involved bc they are being hard headed. The Wedding Grammys were amazing with nominees on Zooms not looking a mess, so do that! But I guess that does vibe with them wanting to make this LIVE TV EVENT a movie (that has Soderbergh stank all on it).

Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

I think they could do what the Emmys did where there is someone with a hazmat suit showing up in the place of the nominees and hand out the trophy in case that they win.

Or they could do what the Schitt’s Creek nominees did at the Emmys where all the London nominees will have like a small gathering.

https://thecinemike.wordpress.com/
    Twitter: @TheCineMike

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

Just have all nominees make a prerecorded acceptance speech and play the winner’s speech at the event. Lmfao.

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Zoom is back after widespread backlash from non-American Oscar nominees affected by covid-19 travel restrictions. The Academy said no to the show producers’ ridiculous overreach, as expected. Good.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/oscars-academy-set-to-loosen-in-person-attendance-requirement-for-nominees-exclusive?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Good. Not allowing Zoom was beyond stupid.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Bullying works lol

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Another bland zoom show. Greaaattt. Why not just replay the Golden Globes?

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Steven Soderbergh just announced Paris and London will have venues so European nominees can attend Oscars in person

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscars Ceremony Details’ is closed to new replies.