Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscars Ceremony Details

2021 Oscars Ceremony Details

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 138 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
SN
wolfali
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I really hope Bong presents director. In an article last year, Bong mentioned Chloe Zhao as one of the filmmakers who will shape the future of cinema. It might possibly happen since Del Toro did present Cuaron his directing award 2 years ago.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/02/bong-joon-ho-20-directors-shape-cinema-future-1202213338/

I didn’t remember about Del Toro so yeah, it’s possible. But Bong was the only Asian among the announced presenters. There are still more presenters to be announced though so let’s see. The Minari presenter has to be Asian.

Profile picture
    mimzo
    Topics:

Bong will be presenting the Best Director. He is the previous year’s winner and the right person to award Chloe Zhao. Why would the Academy miss this opportunity when he says he will attend the Oscars?

And most of all, what award can he give to Minari? Minari will win the Best Supporting Actress award that night, and the award will be presented by Brad Pitt.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Bong will be presenting the Best Director. He is the previous year’s winner and the right person to award Chloe Zhao. Why would the Academy miss this opportunity when he says he will attend the Oscars?

And most of all, what award can he give to Minari? Minari will win the Best Supporting Actress award that night, and the award will be presented by Brad Pitt.

I think he was saying that Bong could present Minari as a Best Picture nominee. I think Director makes the most sense.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Im surprised Brad Pitt is showing up. Cool Legend (he is in my book lol) presenting award to korean legend!

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Bong presenting Best Director to Zhao will be a major moment. That’s the category he needs to present and most likely will present.

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Im surprised Brad Pitt is showing up. Cool Legend (he is in my book lol) presenting award to korean legend!

Steven Soderbergh is producing and has worked with Brad Pitt several times. Even though the other awards shows couldn’t get him, I’m sure that helped a lot.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

So 14 Oscar nominees plus zendaya? Hmm. Maybe they’re hoping she’s a nominee soon enough.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Now who will be presenting Original Screenplay I wonder?

Also the ratings will tank hard. The BAFTAs, Globes, SAG and Critics Choice all tanked. We’re in the middle of a devastating pandemic. And the general public hasn’t heard of of the films nominated for Best Picture apart from one or two of them.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Now who will be presenting Original Screenplay I wonder?

I think a woman will present the award since it’s clear Emerald Fennell will win. Nicole Kidman presented the award when three women were nominated. And Natalie Portman with Timothée Chalamet presented the award when Greta Gerwig was nominated. Now this time a woman will actually present the Oscar to a woman who does win screenplay. Reese Witherspoon will most likely present original screenplay considering her heavy involvement with female filmmakers in the television side.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Harrison Ford is presenting Best Picture, right?

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

I know the ratings will dip but I’m so hyped for this years Oscars! Just glad we won’t be doing lame-*** zoom, but the new “what if the award show was a movie” thing sounds like it’s going to be fun or a big hot mess lol

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Will they have performances of the Best Song nominees? or providing clips??? I hadn’t realized until yesterday that Laura Pausini is nominated as a co-writer of the song from The Life Ahead!!!!

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I wonder what category Reese Witherspoon will present. I’m personally excited to see her attend as a presenter this year. The last time she was at the Oscars was back in 2016. I hope Margot Robbie will be added to the list of other presenters as well.

Profile picture
    Damucracia
    Topics:

Bong presenting Best Director to Zhao will be a major moment. That’s the category he needs to present and most likely will present.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he presents with a celebrity

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

I wonder what category Reese Witherspoon will present. I’m personally excited to see her attend as a presenter this year. The last time she was at the Oscars was back in 2016.

The sequel to “Sing” comes out this year. My guess is animated picture

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscars Ceremony Details’ is closed to new replies.