Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscars Ceremony Details

2021 Oscars Ceremony Details

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 138 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
SN
wolfali
Aimerarrow
  • Profile picture
    Stefglory
    Topics:
      This show sounds like it’s going to be a logistical nightmare and cringy as hell. If they pull it off then fair play to them, but I’m glad none of my favourites are nominated this year. I usually stay up through the small hours to watch the show and I probably won’t this year.

“Upon arrival to Union Station, nominees will receive a personalized itinerary that outlines what times they will be rotated in and out.

Lol makes them sound like cattle!

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Im surprised Brad Pitt is showing up. Cool Legend (he is in my book lol) presenting award to korean legend!

Loool, why surprised??

It’s a tradition, even DiCaprio showed up when he had to present the award to the Best Actress winner.

Every actor or actress follows this tradition and complies.

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

Do we know if Frances McDormand will be showing up?

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Loool, why surprised??

It’s a tradition, even DiCaprio showed up when he had to present the award to the Best Actress winner.

Every actor or actress follows this tradition and complies.

The way I have to explain some of these questions… why do I even bother… Anyways, Brad hasnt showed up to any of the award shows these season, unlike Laura, Joaquin and Renee. Also “follows this tradition and complies” is so false as there have been many times when the actor doesnt show up next year. Case in point: Cate Blanchett didnt present in 06, Monique didnt present in 11, among many others. and we’re in a covid year with restrictions. Do I need to say more????

Profile picture
    Joan Carles Tomàs Forteza
    Topics:

David Rockwell is designing Oscar set again, but this time will be very different

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.elledecor.com/life-culture/amp36167257/david-rockwell-oscar-set-design-2021/

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

David Rockwell is designing Oscar set again, but this time will be very different

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.elledecor.com/life-culture/amp36167257/david-rockwell-oscar-set-design-2021/

I LOVED what he did with the 2010 Oscar stage… very blue and crystal like. It was very fitting for non Best Picture winner Avatar that was nominated that year lmao. But it was probably the best the Oscar stage has ever looked.

Cant wait for Sunday!!!

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

The set looks amazing! Also, an interesting quote from the article:

Oscar producer Steven Soderbergh’s “manifesto” is having the awards show lensed like a movie, not a TV show, at 24 frames a second, widescreen with cinema shots, including over the shoulder.

This is going to be one incredibly unique Academy Awards! I’m beyond excited….

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

“Good morning, and in case I don’t see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight.” —Truman Burbank, The Truman Show

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Do we know if Frances McDormand will be showing up?

I hope she will, all the producers of Nomadland will be in LA (source: Bafta interview)

Profile picture
    keithw
    Topics:

Do we know of any nominees in the acting categories who will not be showing up in Los Angeles? My guess is:
    Lead Actor: No Hopkins, possibly no Oldman (Chadwick Boseman’s wife will likely attend)
    Lead Actress: possibly no Kirby
    Supporting Actress: No Colman, No Youn Yuh-Jung
    Supporting Actor: ?

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Do we know of any nominees in the acting categories who will not be showing up in Los Angeles? My guess is: Lead Actor: No Hopkins, possibly no Oldman (Chadwick Boseman’s wife will likely attend) Lead Actress: possibly no Kirby Supporting Actress: No Colman, No Youn Yuh-Jung Supporting Actor: ?

Youn will be attending

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Do we know of any nominees in the acting categories who will not be showing up in Los Angeles? My guess is: Lead Actor: No Hopkins, possibly no Oldman (Chadwick Boseman’s wife will likely attend) Lead Actress: possibly no Kirby Supporting Actress: No Colman, No Youn Yuh-Jung Supporting Actor: ?

all the people you mentioned will be in London hub except you. Hopkins will be attending via satellite sth

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Youn is already in Los Angeles. Kaluuya and Mulligan are also likely in L.A. since they were already in the U.S. for SNL.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Prayer circle for a Youn Kaluuya and Mulligan Oscar trophy photo.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

all the people you mentioned will be in London hub except you. Hopkins will be attending via satellite sth

Hopkins won’t attend in any way. It’s already reported that Colman will accept the award in his behalf if he wins.

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

so we’re getting a wedding reception like the grammys hmm

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘2021 Oscars Ceremony Details’ is closed to new replies.