Home Forums Movies 2021 Oscars – which films are you predicting to flop?

2021 Oscars – which films are you predicting to flop?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
BetteDavis
Gabriel Guarin
ReginaIsKing
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1) D. Lindo
    2) A. Hopkins
    3) G. Oldman
    4) T. Hanks
    5) B. Murray

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I feel like the Oscars could be too scared about accusations of racism to completely ignore Da 5 Bloods.

As was said above Delroy Lindo is pretty much in at the moment. And while Da 5 Bloods might not get to the Oscars, there’s plenty of POC the Academy could embrace and not be accused of racism. (Chloé Zhao, Viola Davis, Jennifer Hudson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Chadwick Boseman, Trevante Rhodes, Andra Day, Lee Isaac Chung, Steven Yeun, Rachel Zegler, Ariana DeBose, etc.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

It’s the Coronavirus era. Anything can get nominated. Now that every movie is getting postponed and postponed, shouldn’t Da 5 Bloods be a frontrunner?

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

It’s the Coronavirus era. Anything can get nominated. Now that every movie is getting postponed and postponed, shouldn’t Da 5 Bloods be a frontrunner?

That’s my train of thought. My question is, how strong will it be?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Don’t forget that early 2021 releases will also qualify for the 93rd ceremony. There are plenty of titles industry professionals can’t wait to view in their home and throw accolades at (The French Dispatch) for example.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

I feel like something as monumental as the Black Lives Matter movement and protests can only help Da 5 Bloods.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

West Side Story
    Ammonite
    The Last Duel
    Next Goal Wins
    The Trial of Chicago 7

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

I feel like something as monumental as the Black Lives Matter movement and protests can only help Da 5 Bloods.

The Oscars will be happening nearly a year since it released and it’s audience ratings have been low.  It has no buzz to begin with, let alone enough to carry it into next year.  It’s in the conversation by default because nothing else been released yet.  It will be buried by next Spring/Summer, especially when Netflix has bigger (and I’m sure better) fish to fry.

And the film undermines it’s anti-racism message with it’s pro-imperialist stuff and by making the Vietnamese a bunch of faceless, stormtrooper henchmen.  Even Delroy Lindo will fight for a nom if he goes lead.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aniket07
    Topics:

Tammy Faye for one lmao. That is beyond going to be nominated for some Razzies. The West Side Story remake looks tragic and is also a tragic idea (well the first film was tragic in the first place so I guess it fits) and having Ansel Elgort leading it is probably going to kill it now with the sexual misconduct/assaults. I’m not predicting Tenet or Dune to do well outside of the technical categories, but I think Dune will sweep those anyways.

I saw your prediction about Tammy Faye elsewhere, specifically because you had a problem with the leaked first look of the picture. Just to give you some perspective, Tammy Faye wasn’t a conventionally good looking personality. The film is based on a well received documentary. There is no word yet on the film and it stars two very formidable actors as the leads.

Unless you REALLLLLY hate Chastain or Garfield, your assumptions are simply stupid.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

I saw your prediction about Tammy Faye elsewhere, specifically because you had a problem with the leaked first look of the picture. Just to give you some perspective, Tammy Faye wasn’t a conventionally good looking personality. The film is based on a well received documentary. There is no word yet on the film and it stars two very formidable actors as the leads. Unless you REALLLLLY hate Chastain or Garfield, your assumptions are simply stupid.

No. It looks pretty floptastic.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

I saw your prediction about Tammy Faye elsewhere, specifically because you had a problem with the leaked first look of the picture. Just to give you some perspective, Tammy Faye wasn’t a conventionally good looking personality. The film is based on a well received documentary. There is no word yet on the film and it stars two very formidable actors as the leads. Unless you REALLLLLY hate Chastain or Garfield, your assumptions are simply stupid.

Girl, it just looks awfully bad and Chastain has been flopping hard ever since her last nomination almost a decade ago so my opinions on her don’t have to do the work. My assumptions are far from stupid lmao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Respect, The Last Duel, Tammy Faye, Ma Rainey

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Don’t forget that early 2021 releases will also qualify for the 93rd ceremony. There are plenty of titles industry professionals can’t wait to view in their home and throw accolades at (The French Dispatch) for example.

but I haven’t heard anything concerning the reopening of cinemas anytime soon.

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Ammonite

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actress - Glenn Close
    Best Supp Actor - Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

I’m predicting Ammonite to flop awards wise, since every film I tend to get attached to does so. I can also see WSS only getting technicals.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.