Home Forums Movies 2021 Satellite Awards (Film) — predictions and reactions discussion thread

2021 Satellite Awards (Film) — predictions and reactions discussion thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Elazul
Erm
JackO
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

The Satellite Awards (International Press Academy) announce their nominations today. Feel free to post predictions and reactions to when they come in.

Profile picture
    Erm
    Topics:

This is the nominations:

https://www.pressacademy.com/2020-ipa-awards/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Cristin Milioti not getting nominated is ridiculous. Of course Robbie gets that lazy name check nomination over her. So stupid! They clearly liked the film but the lead actress I guess wasnt famous enough for them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

No Mank and News of the World in Picture. Let’s hope this is the beginning of a trend.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

The Father getting 6 noms including Director and Editing. Please be a sign it gets revived in the industry awards, starting with Globes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

These nominations are amazing.

For some reason, I thought the Satellite Awards mainly focus on scifi, horror and more genre films. But i guess that’s the Saturn Awards?

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yes. My faves Miss JuneteenthThe FatherMinariPromising Young Woman and <i>The 40 Year Old Version </i>all made the cut!

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nate
    Topics:

All those nods for One Night in Miami but not Regina King for director? Interesting to see only Boseman and Lindo recognized for Da 5 Bloods. Impressive total resisting of Hillbilly Elegy, even going so far as to nominate Nicole Kidman for The Prom over Glenn Close! And I assume Judas and The Black Messiah and The United States vs. Billie Holliday didn’t screen in time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Amen! To Mank at least. Especially when Satellites gave a generous 10 nominations for Drama… and Tenet and Juneteenth got in over Mank lol

But it still got Director, Actor and Screenplay…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

But it still got Director, Actor and Screenplay…

It possibly means that they respect the film and detail, but they don’t like the film as a whole?

FYC OSCARS

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN in all categories (inc. CAREY MULLIGAN & Emerald Fennell in Screenplay)

THE FATHER in all categories (inc. Best Picture, ANTHONY HOPKINS, Olivia Colman & Adapted Screenplay)

Lo Si (Diane Warren) for Original Song

Chloe Zhao for Director

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

Impressive total resisting of Hillbilly Elegy, even going so far as to nominate Nicole Kidman for The Prom over Glenn Close!

Although I thought Glenn Close’s performance was over the top at times, she had some stellar moments. I may have to rewatch “The Prom” because I can honestly say that Nicole Kidman didn’t register with me as giving a award-worthy nomination. I must have missed something.

I still don’t get, like the Globes, why some of these awards have both a drama and comedy acting categories for lead performances and not for supporting. I feel like supporting roles get short changed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

People actually analyzing the satellites? Lol did they actually watch the movies they voted on this year?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

These nominations are amazing. For some reason, I thought the Satellite Awards mainly focus on scifi, horror and more genre films. But i guess that’s the Saturn Awards?

To me it always seemed that Satellite just wanted to be another Golden Globes just “done better”. For a long time they had separate comedy and drama nominees in supporting, something that was always debated regarding GG…

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.