Home Forums Movies 2021 Satellite Awards (Film) — predictions and reactions discussion thread

2021 Satellite Awards (Film) — predictions and reactions discussion thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Elazul
natedoggg
SN
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The Satellite Awards (International Press Academy) announce their nominations today. Feel free to post predictions and reactions to when they come in.

Profile picture
    Erm
    Topics:

This is the nominations:

2020 Winners

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Cristin Milioti not getting nominated is ridiculous. Of course Robbie gets that lazy name check nomination over her. So stupid! They clearly liked the film but the lead actress I guess wasnt famous enough for them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

No Mank and News of the World in Picture. Let’s hope this is the beginning of a trend.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

The Father getting 6 noms including Director and Editing. Please be a sign it gets revived in the industry awards, starting with Globes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

These nominations are amazing.

For some reason, I thought the Satellite Awards mainly focus on scifi, horror and more genre films. But i guess that’s the Saturn Awards?

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yes. My faves Miss JuneteenthThe FatherMinariPromising Young Woman and <i>The 40 Year Old Version </i>all made the cut!

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nate
    Topics:

All those nods for One Night in Miami but not Regina King for director? Interesting to see only Boseman and Lindo recognized for Da 5 Bloods. Impressive total resisting of Hillbilly Elegy, even going so far as to nominate Nicole Kidman for The Prom over Glenn Close! And I assume Judas and The Black Messiah and The United States vs. Billie Holliday didn’t screen in time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Amen! To Mank at least. Especially when Satellites gave a generous 10 nominations for Drama… and Tenet and Juneteenth got in over Mank lol

But it still got Director, Actor and Screenplay…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

But it still got Director, Actor and Screenplay…

It possibly means that they respect the film and detail, but they don’t like the film as a whole?

EMMYS FYC

The White Lotus in all categories

Landscapers, Olivia Colman & David Thewlis

Ted Lasso in all Categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

Impressive total resisting of Hillbilly Elegy, even going so far as to nominate Nicole Kidman for The Prom over Glenn Close!

Although I thought Glenn Close’s performance was over the top at times, she had some stellar moments. I may have to rewatch “The Prom” because I can honestly say that Nicole Kidman didn’t register with me as giving a award-worthy nomination. I must have missed something.

I still don’t get, like the Globes, why some of these awards have both a drama and comedy acting categories for lead performances and not for supporting. I feel like supporting roles get short changed.

Life is a thin thread.
    We hang on tightly knowing
    it will snap one day.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

People actually analyzing the satellites? Lol did they actually watch the movies they voted on this year?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

These nominations are amazing. For some reason, I thought the Satellite Awards mainly focus on scifi, horror and more genre films. But i guess that’s the Saturn Awards?

To me it always seemed that Satellite just wanted to be another Golden Globes just “done better”. For a long time they had separate comedy and drama nominees in supporting, something that was always debated regarding GG…

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.