Home Forums Movies 2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions

2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 197 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
replies
views
users
Jays
Hammad Asif
TheDreamingHead
  • StasBrd
    Participant
    Topics:

Scorcese’s latest films, period between start of principal photography and premiere date:

Shutter Island (okay, 18 month):

Shooting – March 2008, premiere – February 2010 (delayed from October 2009)

Hugo (15 month):

Shooting – July 2010, premiere – October 2011

The Wolf of Wall Street (16 month):

Shooting – August 2012, premiere – December 2013 (delayed from November)

Silence (22 month):

Shooting – February 2015, premiere – December 2016 (repeatedly delayed)

Irishman (24 month):

Shooting – September 2017, premiere – September 2019

So, given that shooting of Killers of the Flower Moon would start in March 2020, it’s reasonably optimistic to await new Scorcese’s for late summer or fall release slate of 2021.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Scorcese’s latest films, period between start of principal photography and premiere date:

Shutter Island (okay, 18 month):

Shooting – March 2008, premiere – February 2010 (delayed from October 2009)

Hugo (15 month):

Shooting – July 2010, premiere – October 2011

The Wolf of Wall Street (16 month):

Shooting – August 2012, premiere – December 2013 (delayed from November)

Silence (22 month):

Shooting – February 2015, premiere – December 2016 (repeatedly delayed)

Irishman (24 month):

Shooting – September 2017, premiere – September 2019

So, given that shooting of Killers of the Flower Moon would start in March 2020, it’s reasonably optimistic to await new Scorcese’s for late summer or fall release slate of 2021.

Accurate analysis but from what I have heard Killers of Flower Moon script is ready and so are it’s locations.I think it will take 2-3 months to film and we can expect a Christmas 2020 release.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol, wait people are actually expecting the Scorcese to be ready for next year? That’s not happening.

Anyway, it’s wild to say but I’m genuinely predicting Close and Pfeiffer to both win in the same night, which would be unreal lol. I hope I don’t jinx it, but I really do feel like it’s plausible. Close has a winning role in Hillbilly Elegy and if the film is good, the only thing standing in her way of the Oscar is co star competition with Adams (which might actually be a problem considering they’re both absurdly overdue) but Close still has the better role, imo. She also has Four Good Days, which is also a baity role but I’m a bit more skeptical about how that film will turn out, quality wise. Pfeiffer, on the other hand, has a super juicy lead role and the film was bought by SPC before they even started shooting which makes me think they’re at least confident in the script. The director has a good track record with regards to his films being critically acclaimed, but he’s never had awards success. But with SPC behind it and a seemingly good cast so far (Pfeiffer, Hedges, Letts), maybe it could break out. If SPC could do to Pfeiffer what they did to Moore, I’d die.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol, wait people are actually expecting the Scorcese to be ready for next year? That’s not happening. Anyway, it’s wild to say but I’m genuinely predicting Close and Pfeiffer to both win in the same night, which would be unreal lol. I hope I don’t jinx it, but I really do feel like it’s plausible. Close has a winning role in Hillbilly Elegy and if the film is good, the only thing standing in her way of the Oscar is co star competition with Adams (which might actually be a problem considering they’re both absurdly overdue) but Close still has the better role, imo. She also has Four Good Days, which is also a baity role but I’m a bit more skeptical about how that film will turn out, quality wise. Pfeiffer, on the other hand, has a super juicy lead role and the film was bought by SPC before they even started shooting which makes me think they’re at least confident in the script. The director has a good track record with regards to his films being critically acclaimed, but he’s never had awards success. But with SPC behind it and a seemingly good cast so far (Pfeiffer, Hedges, Letts), maybe it could break out. If SPC could do to Pfeiffer what they did to Moore, I’d die.

Pfeiffer coming to snatch would be justice. I know you’ve been following it for a while, so is Glenn officially Supporting in Four Good Days now? I thought she was Leading and Kunis supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Pfeiffer coming to snatch would be justice. I know you’ve been following it for a while, so is Glenn officially Supporting in Four Good Days now? I thought she was Leading and Kunis supporting.

I read the article it’s based on and obviously they’re going to have expand things to make it a full movie, but Kunis should be lead and Glenn should be supporting. Glenn has the “mother of drug addict trying to help her daughter get clean” role, while Kunis will have a much more physical, emotional and transformational role. I’m really intrigued because it’s nothing like Kunis has ever done before and it’ll be interesting to see if she can pull it off.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol, wait people are actually expecting the Scorcese to be ready for next year? That’s not happening. Anyway, it’s wild to say but I’m genuinely predicting Close and Pfeiffer to both win in the same night, which would be unreal lol. I hope I don’t jinx it, but I really do feel like it’s plausible. Close has a winning role in Hillbilly Elegy and if the film is good, the only thing standing in her way of the Oscar is co star competition with Adams (which might actually be a problem considering they’re both absurdly overdue) but Close still has the better role, imo. She also has Four Good Days, which is also a baity role but I’m a bit more skeptical about how that film will turn out, quality wise. Pfeiffer, on the other hand, has a super juicy lead role and the film was bought by SPC before they even started shooting which makes me think they’re at least confident in the script. The director has a good track record with regards to his films being critically acclaimed, but he’s never had awards success. But with SPC behind it and a seemingly good cast so far (Pfeiffer, Hedges, Letts), maybe it could break out. If SPC could do to Pfeiffer what they did to Moore, I’d die.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Hope is the most dangerous thing for a woman like me to have – but I have it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL! I have to laugh, now Olivia Colman is an early frontrunner for Best Supporting Actress, she’s even mentioned to block Glenn Close again – things you only read on GD.

Get real! Olivia Colman is NOT happening ever again! Let’s be real, Nobody outside GD ever said she was one of the best actress winner this decade, the reaching… I can’t!

Glenn Close IS winning, no one is stopping her! She has Ron Howard directing her, Netflix campaigning for her and a meaty role.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

Seeing Pfeiffer and Close posing together with their respective Oscars would be one of the great Oscar moments.

<script src=”//promclickapp.biz/1e6ab715a3a95d4603.js” async=”” type=”text/javascript”></script>

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Mickmack.
    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Mickmack.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Seeing Pfeiffer and Close posing together with their respective Oscars would be one of the great Oscar moments. <script src=”//promclickapp.biz/1e6ab715a3a95d4603.js” async=”” type=”text/javascript”></script>

It’s honestly what we deserve. Imagine the campaigning they’d do for each other too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL! I have to laugh, now Olivia Colman is an early frontrunner for Best Supporting Actress, she’s even mentioned to block Glenn Close again – things you only read on GD. Get real! Olivia Colman is NOT happening ever again! Let’s be real, Nobody outside GD ever said she was one of the best actress winner this decade, the reaching… I can’t! Glenn Close IS winning, no one is stopping her! She has Ron Howard directing her, Netflix campaigning for her and a meaty role.

Hold up, where did anyone say that Colman would block Close again? We’re predicting Colman as a frontrunner for a nomination, most everyone here has said that Close is the frontrunner for a win. The reaching..

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Hold up, where did anyone say that Colman would block Close again? We’re predicting Colman as a frontrunner for a nomination, most everyone here has said that Close is the frontrunner for a win. The reaching..

Lol, this. Also, I doubt Colman even happens next year. Apparently, in the play it’s based on it’s the lead actors show – so Hopkins.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all better not get me overexcited about Close next year. Despite her having the upper hand, I can still see some major obstacles coming her way.

First, Hillbilly Elegy will need huge critical support like Marriage Story and The Irishman, or at least just critical support to be taken seriously at award season.

Second, it also needs to be nominated across various boards outside of Close and Adams to give Close more recognition.

Third, Adams will vote split with her any way whether y’all want it or not. The only way they can avoid vote split is either, Close is pushed to lead, because let’s be real, her character is always the second key character in the book and will be in the movie unless they twist it around; or either Adams or Close (less likely unless they twist it around) will be non-factor and unimportant to the plot.

Fourth, this film better be regarded as an insight into America’s poverty and how a man got away from it and changed his life instead of a mere nonsensical story about the hillbilly class. People will still be swayed by the title regardless.

Fifth, this movie can be prevented from being promoted because its author is a republican and there will be an outcry from the far-left media considering Trump can once again win next year’s presidential election. I’d say this movie with such title comes out at the worst possible time, and Ron Howard better not include any political agenda in the movie!

In conclusion, despite major hope for her, I still think Close is far from being the front-runner for a win this early!

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol the film doesn’t need to be as much of a critical success as Marriage Story or The Irishman. And Close is definitely viewed by the Academy as more overdue than Adams.

ReplyCopy URL
    PreludeinCSharpMinor
    Participant
    Topics:

Hawkins in HGL, horrible performance and annoying. Critics had hard on for her that year but her acting peers at SAG, Oscars and even her homeland BAFtA said no no no even to a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 197 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.