Home Forums Movies 2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions

2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 251 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jays
kellis
M: The Original
  • Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Voters just need to be actually watching this film unlike The Wife lol, definitely doesn’t need to be a huge contender but the film itself needs to have some level of visibility for her narrative to hold enough weight

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

ReplyCopy URL
    Megan
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s be real. Glenn Close is NEVER winning an Oscar.

This is her trying to kill Colman after her loss last year.

I serve the tea (politely)

ReplyCopy URL
    DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

Hawkins in HGL, horrible performance and annoying. Critics had hard on for her that year but her acting peers at SAG, Oscars and even her homeland BAFtA said no no no even to a nomination.

Obviously this is your opinion and you’re entitled to it, but I know several people who consider Hawkins in HGL as one of their favorite ‘comedic’ performances of all time. Sure her character was annoying (not performance) but it was also heartbreaking. Also keep in mind this is before she became universally known outside of Britain – ie before The Phone Call, Blue Jasmine, and The Shape of Water, etc.  and we all know comedies don’t always translate to Oscar nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping that Spielberg’s West Side Story kinda flops so that Fox-Disney can pull their focus on Everyone’s Talking About Jamie. Even if it is just for Max Harwood, Richard E. Grant and Sarah Lancashire in the acting field.

I don’t how West Side Story will so when it comes to awards, but I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be a big money maker.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

Hawkins in HGL, horrible performance and annoying. Critics had hard on for her that year but her acting peers at SAG, Oscars and even her homeland BAFtA said no no no even to a nomination.

I guess the context of her character’s personality being inherently grating went right over your head, like the Oscar voters that year. She was sublime. It takes a lot of talent to be an almost insufferable character yet heartbreaking.

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Couverture
    Participant
    Topics:

Be realistic! Olivia Colman is NOT happening next year! Geez! That woman is so overrated on these forums, weren’t y’all the ones saying she will grab 3 Emmys nods this year based on her talent? Yet she coattailled from Fleabag’s success across the board and got zilch from the other irrelevant shows. In fact she always coattails, Had The Favourite not received that widespread critical acclaim, Colman with the same performance would have never been able to overcome the greatness of Glenn Close. She has luck, that’s about it (The Favourite, The Crown, Fleabag and The Night Manager) whenever her show/film is NOT acclaimed, she is disposable!

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

just remembered that rihanna was supposed to star in annette at some point, any idea who ended up taking her role?

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

just remembered that rihanna was supposed to star in annette at some point, any idea who ended up taking her role?

Cotillard. And I don’t think it was ever even confirmed Rihanna was a thing, just rumors.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

Cotillard. And I don’t think it was ever even confirmed Rihanna was a thing, just rumors.

isn’t cotillard a replacement for white michelle who was a replacement for mara? rih had a different role in the original pitch

ReplyCopy URL
    IsabelaRooney
    Participant
    Topics:

just remembered that rihanna was supposed to star in annette at some point, any idea who ended up taking her role?

Rihanna was supposed to play a supporting role when Rooney Mara was still involved, but she dropped out and Rooney left a few months later and was replaced by Williams.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

NIGHTMARE ALLEY by Guillermo del Toro

Rooney Mara Rooney Mara … Molly
    Toni Collette Toni Collette … Zeena Krumbein
    Bradley Cooper Bradley Cooper … Stanton ‘Stan’ Carlisle
    Cate Blanchett Cate Blanchett … Lilith Ritter
    Ron Perlman Ron Perlman … Bruno (rumored)
    Willem Dafoe Willem Dafoe … Clem Hoately
    David Strathairn David Strathairn … Pete Krumbein
    Richard Jenkins Richard Jenkins … (rumored)
    Mark Povinelli Mark Povinelli … (rumored)

This is one hell of a cast,this will be awesome.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

ReplyCopy URL
    StasBrd
    Participant
    Topics:

Nightmare Alley looks like for early 2021 release from now and more important – too geeky in Del Toro’s way: noirish, carnivals. His contenders were with strong social message (Shape of Water) or sociohistorical context (Pan’s Labyrinth). Despite the strong ensemble cast, until the release or more detailed information I see Nightmare Alley more as Crimson Peak – aesthetically driven flick for cinephiles.

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

I see Birds of Prey being a big costume contender. It seems like almost every different scene in the trailer has Harley wearing something completely different in style, and they all look super creative and cool. I don’t think it wins, but right now my only confident prediction for next year is that it’ll be nominated. I could also see it surprising in Production Design.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Future Oscar nominee winner Robin Wright’s Land has apparently been filming for a bit already, so I guess the movie will indeed be ready for this next season.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    DaytimeEmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

Deadline has the Aretha biopic slated for release on August 14, 2020.

A little on the early side for Oscar fare. I don’t know if anyone’s rushing to give Jennifer Hudson a SECOND Oscar, but I’m guessing she’ll impress with her pipes + the narrative that she was handpicked by Aretha (and who knows, maybe she’ll be coming off another nomination for Cats?).

The supporting cast is pretty stacked, but we’ll have to wait to see how substantial these roles are. Forest Whitaker and Audra McDonald seem like potential contenders, but this might go the way of Ray/Bohemian Rhapsody/etc. and be a solidly star vehicle.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 251 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.