Home Forums Movies 2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions

2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 494 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jays
M: The Original
Hammad Asif
  • Josh O'Connor warrior
    Participant
    Topics:

Tell that to Sam Smith’s Oscar win

To this day I still feel like “Til It Happens To You” was robbed

Emmys FYC:
    Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Josh O'Connor (The Crown)
    Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: D'Arcy Carden (The Good Place)
    Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series: Toni Collette (Unbelievable)

cinetastic
    Participant
    Topics:

Has anyone seen the trailer for Emma which is the new adaptation of Jane Austen’s same-titled novel starring Anya Taylor-Joy? I got the Grand Budapest Hotel vibes while watching it.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

Has anyone seen the trailer for Emma which is the new adaptation of Jane Austen’s same-titled novel starring Anya Taylor-Joy? I got the Grand Budapest Hotel vibes while watching it.

a period piece dumped in feburary = not happening

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Horror Genre bias though.

Damn, she has to fire her agent. Definitely Anabelle Comes to Life vibes.

fefface
    Participant
    Topics:

Based on the story–which is actually quite interesting, Driver might actually be supporting and it won’t be fraud depending on how it’s played. Damon’s character could be lead with Driver’s character (Jacques LeGros being supporting to his). The story as reported was really badly done. It’s not even remotely as misogynistic as it appears. It’s an interesting piece of history and if written and directed well could provide some fantastic, meaty character work for all actors involved in a great film. As for Annette, all I know is that Holy Motors, Carax’s last film, is absolutely adored. This is his first English language film, musicals (despite Cats‘ flop performance) are in, Cotillard won an Oscar for playing a singer, Driver’s been nominated two years running and got praise beyond for his performance during his singing in his last Oscar-nominated role. So, yeah, both films are up in the air for an Oscar nom. This could be a case of Annette and The Last Duel being like The Report and Marriage Story all over again. Or as I said above, Driver might possibly be looking at two noms, best actor for Annette, and supporting for TLD. Regardless, the one thing that has me confused is why his name isn’t on every prediction list for one or other film in this thread considering the pedigree for each.

If he double-nommed next year that would be four nominations in three years. I think even if he was deserving in both roles he wouldn’t manage that, just because voters would be like ‘let someone else have a go’. Even if he only scores a nomination for one of those movies he would have three in three years, and only Marlon Brando has more consecutive nominations than that (four in four years).

A lot of TLD’s chances will be determined by how well it handles its source material, but I’m confident that Driver and Jodie Comer wouldn’t sign up for this kind of story if they didn’t think the script was good. Apparently it’s written from the perspectives of all three of the main characters.

Matt Damon also has Stillwater coming out next year and may seek a nomination for that instead.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  fefface.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  fefface.
    rainydays
    Participant
    Topics:

I think if anything Driver will be nominated for Annette. And that will be it.

Scorsesefan
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope Tenet will be the movie to give Nolan his first Oscar. He’s gotta win one soon.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope Tenet will be the movie to give Nolan his first Oscar. He’s gotta win one soon.

I hope you are right. But ever since Dunkirk lost, and especially seeing 1917 getting all the awards Dunkirk should have, the industry stinks of bias.

Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

Glenn Close is sweeping next year.

oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

Glenn Close is sweeping next year.

For what film?

Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

For what film?

Either Four Good Days or Hillbilly Elegy. But I think she’s got a helluva shot at either if they’re good.

oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

Either Four Nights or Hillbilly Elegy. But I think she’s got a helluva shot at either if they’re good.

For sure, and don’t forget Sunset Boulevard if it’s released this year!

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Close just lost to a first-time nominee. Let’s not start this so early.

Chimichanggas
    Participant
    Topics:

Is next year going to be the year of Frances McDormand? I sure hope. I mean you know she’ll kill Lady MacBeth in “MacBeth”, she’ll bring her signature whimsy to “The French Dispatch” – I mean she rocked Miss Clavel in “Madeline”! Finally, Nomadland. She could fraud to supporting for MacBeth and get the double noms.

She deserved this.

𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙙, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪

Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

Frances MCDormand is not winning a third Oscar lol Wtf.
    Meryl Streep herself has lost 15+ times and y’all really think MCDormand will win a 3rd Oscar just like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions’ is closed to new replies.