Home Forums Movies 2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions

2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 494 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jays
M: The Original
Hammad Asif
  • Mathilda
    Participant
    Topics:

She wore gold! The poor thing.

In 2021 WE RISE

Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

Poor Glenn Close. She’ll never win: Berlin Film Festival To Open With ‘My Salinger Year’ Starring Sigourney Weaver & Margaret Qualley Sigourney Weaver is in it to win it. Ans she’s actually very liked and respected in Tinsletown. So if it’s between those two, Glenn Close is screwed.

If Weaver is leading she won’t be competing with Close for what will likely be the stronger film-Hilbilly Elegy. I like both so I’d like to see both win.

Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

Sigourney will NOT matter when Oscars voters will be filling their ballots. In fact, she will NOT matter at all for 2021 awards season.

Participant
    Topics:

Poor Glenn Close. She’ll never win: Berlin Film Festival To Open With ‘My Salinger Year’ Starring Sigourney Weaver & Margaret Qualley

Sigourney Weaver is in it to win it. Ans she’s actually very liked and respected in Tinsletown. So if it’s between those two, Glenn Close is screwed.

Weaver hasn’t received a nod since the 80s. She’s seen as a prickly woman which they hate from women.

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Poor Glenn Close. She’ll never win: Berlin Film Festival To Open With ‘My Salinger Year’ Starring Sigourney Weaver & Margaret Qualley

Sigourney Weaver is in it to win it. Ans she’s actually very liked and respected in Tinsletown. So if it’s between those two, Glenn Close is screwed.

The description of the movie gave me major The Devil Wears Prada vibes. Let’s just wait for the movie to premiere before we jump into conclusions. Like somebody else said Sigourney hasn’t been nominated for an Oscar since 80’s. Glenn also has two baity roles coming out and that helps a lot.

Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

Nobody sincerely believes anyone will ever win two acting prizes at the Oscars, but if one actor ever did it is her.

Kate Winslet should have won 2 first for Revolutionary Road/The Reader (Actress/Supporting)…

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

Kate Winslet should have won 2 first for Revolutionary Road/The Reader (Actress/Supporting)…

No?

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

People who were team Close would vote for her in both categories to ensure victory in one.

I’d do this. I refuse to watch her die Oscarless while breaking the all-time record of most nominations without winning

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Seven.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Seven.
    Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d do this. I refuse to watch her die Oscarless while breaking the all-time record of most nominations without winning

Glenn Close will have the strongest overdue narrative ever seen since Geraldine Page.

I believe she’s winning, even more if she campaigns as much as she did for TW, plus it’s a Netflix movie.

She will need the GG first and foremost, if SAG and BAFTA are split between two other actresses, it won’t matter. In fact, either way she’s winning.

Losing last year was the best thing that could ever happen to her. The general audience is gonna ROOT for her, she just needs visibility with her two films, awards bodies will eat her up, a full sweep, you’ll even see critics awards rewarding her for two performances like some did with Dern.

Participant
    Topics:

Thank you.

arn
    Participant
    Topics:

Johnny Depp’s film, Minimata, is set to premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival in Feb.

Any chance he get on the awards radar?

JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

Johnny Depp’s film, Minimata, is set to premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival in Feb. Any chance he get on the awards radar?

Does anybody still care for Depp? I’d find it hard to believe that anybody rallies behind him, even with the performance.

Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

So my friend is currently at Sundance she told me that Glenn Close is magnificent, the film is filled with baity moments and she has more Oscar clips than Kunis which is… obvious. She said that if the film is well positioned, it could get some award momentum for Close because the performance is here, and that it’s also beautifully written…

The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Participant
    Topics:

So my friend is currently at Sundance she told me that Glenn Close is magnificent, the film is filled with baity moments and she has more Oscar clips than Kunis which is… obvious. She said that if the film is well positioned, it could get some award momentum for Close because the performance is here, and that it’s also beautifully written…

The first screening hasn’t finished though….

Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

The first screening hasn’t finished though….

She’s sending me this while watching…

I keep harassing lol, like I want the impressions as the film goes on…

Anyways if you’re there, we would like you to share your thoughts about Glenn’s performance. I’m thirsty!

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions’ is closed to new replies.