Home Forums Movies 2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions

2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 281 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jays
kellis
M: The Original
  • The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

Pixar’s ‘Soul’: an aspiring jazz musician’s soul that travels back into the infinite to commune with as-yet-unformed consciousnesses. Concept art clearly influenced by A Matter of Life and Death, score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross Ladies and gents, our 2021 Best Animated Feature Winner. Add Original Screenplay and Score at the very least too.

The fact that the motherfucker who wrote “Closer” is scoring a Pixar film is surreal to me.

ReplyCopy URL
    The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Animated Feature:

• Bob’s Burgers
    • Croods 2
    • Onward
    • Raya and the Last Dragon
    • Soul

That is the truth.

No exceptions.

A Rival To Thatcher’s Reign.

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

The Academy has yet to embrace Wes Anderson movies for their acting. Nobody should predict anyone from his ensembles getting in especially when The Grand Budapest Hotel was the perfect vehicle to break that streak.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

The Academy has yet to embrace Wes Anderson movies for their acting. Nobody should predict anyone from his ensembles getting in especially when The Grand Budapest Hotel was the perfect vehicle to break that streak.

you’re absolutely right. The Grand Budapest Hotel was the perfect all star cast film that should have had the breakthrough and it still failed. We can still hope for a miracle though

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

First predictions: Best Picture

• Ammonite
    • Bad Blood
    • Dune
    • Hillbilly Elegy
    • Macbeth
    • Nightmare Alley
    • Not Fade Away
    • Tenet

(Greyhound, A House in the Sky, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom, The Trial of the Chicago 7, The Witches) Best Director

• Guillermo Del Toro, Nightmare Alley
    • Ron Howard, Hillbilly Elegy
    • Adam McKay, Bad Blood
    • Christopher Nolan, Tenet
    • Denis Villeneuve, Dune

(Garth Davis, A House in the Sky, Francis Lee, Ammonite, Aaron Sorkin, The Trial of the Chicago 7, Robert Zemeckis, The Witches) Best Actress

• Amy Adams, Hillbilly Elegy / The Woman in the Window
    • Emily Blunt, Not Fade Away
    • Jennifer Lawrence, Bad Blood
    • Frances McDormand, Macbeth
    • Rosamund Pike, Radioactive

(Glenn Close, Sunset Boulevard, Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom, Anne Hathaway, The Witches, Diane Lane, Let Him Go, Rooney Mara, A House in the Sky, Kate Winslet, Ammonite) Best Actor

• Timothée Chalamet, Dune
    • Bradley Cooper, Nightmare Alley
    • Tom Hanks, Greyhound
    • Robert Pattinson, Tenet
    • Denzel Washington, Macbeth

(Kevin Costner, Let Him Go, Michael Keaton, What is Life Worth) Best Supporting Actress

• Annette Bening, Death on the Nile (the chance of this happening is slim but I needed to fill this category)
    • Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy
    • Elizabeth Debicki, Tenet
    • Saorise Ronan, Ammonite
    • Octavia Spencer, The Witches

Best Supporting Actor

• Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    • Gary Oldman, Dreamland
    • Eddie Redmayne, The Trial of the Chicago 7
    • Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Tenet
    • Christopher Waltz, The French Dispatch

(Stanley Tucci, What is Life Worth, Glynn Turman, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom) Supporting Actor was the struggle and Netflix could push Ma Rainey’s with Hillbilly Elegy or drop it for Glenn Close/Amy Adams, so I don’t how well this will hold up lol.

update me on Not Fade Away, please. Have they started filming? If so, I have a feeling Emily might happen with it

FYC
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker

Best actress :
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor

Supporting Actress =
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve seen two people predicting a Rita Moreno nomination for West Side Story on this forum, and I really don’t see it happening. Moreno is playing a new character based on the role of Doc, which isn’t a particularly big or showy part. If anyone is likely to get a best supporting actress nomination for this remake, it’s Ariana DeBose, who will be playing Anita, the role that won Moreno her Oscar. The only possible way I can see Moreno getting a nomination is if they really beef up her part compared to the earlier versions of this story, and if DeBose winds up being an awful Anita (something I highly doubt).

To be fair, Ralph Fiennes probably would’ve been nominated for Grand Budapest Hotel if best actor wasn’t totally stacked that year. Also, Fiennes definitely would’ve won the Globe that year if Michael Keaton wasn’t so damn good in Birdman (should’ve won the Oscar too).

ReplyCopy URL
    DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Actress – looks stacked already

1. Michelle Williams – This Is Jane/The Challenger (Amazon/TBD)

Living for this but I haven’t heard anything new about either This is Jane or The Challenger since last year. I know she has been trying to make the Janis Joplin biopic happen, but it doesn’t sound like there has been any movement on that either.

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

White Michelle winning her overdue Oscar right after winning her Emmy?

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

update me on Not Fade Away, please. Have they started filming? If so, I have a feeling Emily might happen with it

They’re still in pre-production, so I imagine they’ll get going once A Quiet Place 2 is finished filming (which shouldn’t take too long). In addition to whose all producing and how baity her role sounds, I have high hopes she’s finally happening, at least as a make-up nom following her SAG win.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Joe Robert Cole (People vs O.J. & Black Panther) is directing & writing a film for Netflix called “All Day and a Night” starring Ashton Sanders, Jeffrey Wright, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Regina Taylor & Kelly Jenrette.

Don’t know when’s it scheduled for release but IMDB says it’s in post so I imagine it would be ready for 2020.

ReplyCopy URL
    DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

Looks like Woman in the Window is now being released in May 2020. Was hoping for a fall release 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Close is more likely getting in just for Hillbilly Elegy as opposed to Four Good Days if Sunset Blvd isn’t a 2020 release. She needs a strong film as a vehicle for contention, and Hillbilly Elegy reads as something which can rack up a few more noms as opposed to Four Good Days which doesn’t seem like an across-the-board contender to me.

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

They’re still in pre-production, so I imagine they’ll get going once A Quiet Place 2 is finished filming (which shouldn’t take too long). In addition to whose all producing and how baity her role sounds, I have high hopes she’s finally happening, at least as a make-up nom following her SAG win.

thank you. Hopefully, she happens. I’m looking forward to A Quiet Place 2…I even thought they had finished filming that. Not Fade Away would be great as well

FYC
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker

Best actress :
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor

Supporting Actress =
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Close is more likely getting in just for Hillbilly Elegy as opposed to Four Good Days if Sunset Blvd isn’t a 2020 release. She needs a strong film as a vehicle for contention, and Hillbilly Elegy reads as something which can rack up a few more noms as opposed to Four Good Days which doesn’t seem like an across-the-board contender to me.

We have known virtually nothing about Four Good Days and the subject matter does seem baity as hell. But the director also directed Albert Nobbs which was not a successful movie (except for acting). It doesn’t even have a distributor yet. It will debut at Cannes and we will know the fate of the film as well as everyone involved.

I know I’m dreaming but I think both Glenn and Mila Kunis can be labelled as co-leads in FGD. And if Glenn does give a great performance, she can be pushed to lead since she’s the more seasoned one. I don’t expect her to win in lead, but it can further improve her visibility and strengthen her supporting nod for HB.

ReplyCopy URL
    Scorsesefan
    Participant
    Topics:

Will Francis Ford Coppola’s new film be done by next year since he’s slated to film it this year?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 281 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.