Home Forums Movies 2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions

2021 Super Early Oscar Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 196 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
16 hours ago
replies
views
users
Jays
Hammad Asif
TheDreamingHead
  • John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I want to believe that Dune can get nominated for Picture and Director (it’s my most anticipated film of next year), but I’m skeptical after how badly BR2049 got snubbed.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Joker
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Joker

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

I want to believe that Dune can get nominated for Picture and Director (it’s my most anticipated film of next year), but I’m skeptical after how badly BR2049 got snubbed.

Dune is a $200 millions movie

It’s award success depend highly on it’s commercial performance.We know it is gonna get critical acclaim just like Blade Runner 2049 did.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

What do people think of West Side Story’s odds? Obviously the inevitable comparisons to the Oscar winning original film will hurt it, but I can’t help but think the fantastic team behind it could actually result in the film doing alright come awards season. Steven Spielberg in the director’s chair, Tony Kushner adapting the libretto, Justin Peck choreographing, and a very talented group of performers with theatre backgrounds certainly sounds promising. If the film gets strong reviews, I think it could break into some above the line categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Baz Luhrman’s wife will probably be nominated for that Elvis movie. Seems like a logical lock even at this point.

ReplyCopy URL
    Scorsesefan
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully Baz himself will be nominated for the Elvis movie too. Been a while since Moulin Rouge, although he’s a one-movie-every-five-or-so-years director.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

For people predicting acting nominations for TENET

Nolan’s movie’s has only 1 acting nomination at Oscars and that is Great Heath Ledger from The Dark Knight.

I don’t think Nolan will achieve acting nominations now and from a Spy-Action thriller to say the least.

TENET will however get ample nominations,most likely BP and Best Director also.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

ReplyCopy URL
    Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think Annette will be a contender? Stars Adam Driver and Marion Cotillard.

The synopsis: The film tells the story of a provocative stand-up comedian (Adam Driver) and his wife, a world-famous soprano (Marion Cotillard). Their glamorous life takes an unexpected turn when their daughter Annette is born, a girl with a unique gift.

It features no dialogue just a sung-through musical. So looks like at the very least, a strong GG contender.

ReplyCopy URL
    JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think Annette will be a contender? Stars Adam Driver and Marion Cotillard. The synopsis: The film tells the story of a provocative stand-up comedian (Adam Driver) and his wife, a world-famous soprano (Marion Cotillard). Their glamorous life takes an unexpected turn when their daughter Annette is born, a girl with a unique gift. It features no dialogue just a sung-through musical. So looks like at the very least, a strong GG contender.

Not convinced but Adam/his team seem to be gifted at choosing projects that translate.

ReplyCopy URL
    arabian
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been waiting for mention of Annette. It’s written/directed by Leos Carax whose last project Holy Motors was adored by critics.* It stars Adam Driver (nominated for BlackKklansman last year, likely to be nominated in 2020 for Marriage Story or The Report) and Marion Cottilard (Oscar winner for La Vie en rose).

* Just to give an idea, on Rotten Tomatoes, it sits at 91% and it was ranked the 16th greatest film of the 21st century in a worldwide critics’ poll conducted by BBC.

With that kind of critical and Oscar love behind the scenes, I can definitely see this being a contender.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that Wright lost the Emmy, here’s a super early stan warning for me to push her HARD for the Oscar in 2021.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

He won’t pull off Dune. And his Blade Runner sequel got the proper recognition.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

queen sigourney AND kevin kline?! the stanning is bout to start real early

ReplyCopy URL
    Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m already bored as hell at this year’s Best Actress race so I might as well predict next year:

1. Jennifer Lawrence, Untitled Lila Neugebauer project (A24)
    2. Frances McDormand, Nomadland (Fox Searchlight)
    3. Amy Adams, Hillbilly Elegy (Netflix)
    4. Kate Winslet, Ammonite (Lionsgate)
    5. Meryl Streep, The Prom (Netflix)

Alt: Emma Stone, Babylon, Glenn Close, Sunset Boulevard, Viola Davis, Ma Rainy’s Black Bottom

ReplyCopy URL
    MMartin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wicked is going to be nominated for a whole bunch of Oscars, especially in categories like Original Song, Costume Design, and Makeup. Very likely Best Picture contender if a box office smash.

Avatar 2 will win Best Visual Effects.

The Baz Luhrmann Elvis film will earn a Best Actor nomination for Austin Butler.

ReplyCopy URL
    Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

Wicked is going to be nominated for a whole bunch of Oscars, especially in categories like Original Song, Costume Design, and Makeup. Very likely Best Picture contender if a box office smash.

Avatar 2 will win Best Visual Effects.

The Baz Luhrmann Elvis film will earn a Best Actor nomination for Austin Butler.

Wicked is coming out in 2021 and therefore eligible for Oscars in 2022, no?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.