Home Forums Movies 2023 Independent Spirit Awards

2023 Independent Spirit Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
diagonz351
Owl-Always-wa..
ejaru1810

• FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I truly hated TAR so I do want an EEAAO sweep. I don’t like the switch to genderless categories because it means two less awards and it is the acting awards that I care about the most. There are 8 actresses and 2 actors in Lead, and 7 Actors and 3 actresses in Supporting! (; I used to enjoy the indie spirits because it wasn’t always a rubber-stamp for the Oscars, but now it’s gone a bit nutty… at least it wasn’t last year’s debacle, where they didn’t nominate the very best actress and she was eligible! Geesh!

ReplyCopy URL

kamila
    Topics:

I was doing my prediccions today and when I saw that Goldderby is literally predicting 7/7 for EEAAO, it truly shocked me, I like the film but Spirit Awards tend to spread the wealth most of the time so I don’t see any scenario where the film gets more than 4 as of now. Maybe in 2 months from now my prediccions will be different but I don’t see it winning that much.

I’m not so sure about wealth spreading with The Lost Daughter winning way more than it needed to last year, but I don’t think EEAAO is the type of movie to sweep. Sometimes the big names are too hard for the voters to resist, which makes TAR seem like more of a sweeper.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

The winners will be whomever Film Twitter’s favourites are.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

Cosmia
    Topics:

I’m not so sure about wealth spreading with The Lost Daughter winning way more than it needed to last year, but I don’t think EEAAO is the type of movie to sweep. Sometimes the big names are too hard for the voters to resist, which makes TAR seem like more of a sweeper.

The Independent Spirits are just weird. You had The Lost Daughter cleaning up that year and yet they *didn’t* nominate Olivia Colman.

ReplyCopy URL

estrelas
    Topics:

The Independent Spirits are just weird. You had The Lost Daughter cleaning up that year and yet they *didn’t* nominate Olivia Colman.

Nominations are decided by a committee, while everyone can vote for the winners.

ReplyCopy URL

Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

as a voter, I can say last year didn’t have the best candidates. Hence, why Lost daughter cleaned up. It was the weakest list of nominees in many years.

ReplyCopy URL

Deloys
    Topics:

Will the GoldDerby prediction center be adding the 2023 Independent Spirit Award television nominees?

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.