Home Forums Movies 2023 Original Song Contenders (Part 3)

2023 Original Song Contenders (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Anthagiox
NilsBecky13
Opium

• Tweetygirly
    Topics:

It’s very interesting 🙂

Nominations Announced for International Press Academy’s Satellite Awards

Top Gun: Maverick led the nominations with 10 nominations

Stephen Spielberg’s The Fabelmans took in 9 total nominations

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever garnered 4 nominations

James Cameron’s anticipated animation sequel Avatar: The Way of Water took in 6 total

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

Disney submitted 2 songs from Avatar to the Oscars including the Weeknd’s song! Since the ballots don’t have the artists’ names, they votes may get split up actually. So i don’t see the Weeknd being the contender for Oscars as well.

BlueFox94
    Topics:

https://disneystudiosawards.com/bobs-burgers-movie/videos/

According to the FYC page, Disney is going with “Sunny Side Up Summer”

Dammit, Disney. >_<

Help me manifest this Best Original Song category at the 95th Oscars!:
    (contenders as of end of November)

"Dragon Commander" (Inu-oh)
    "Good Tonight" (The Bad Guys)
    "Hold My Hand" (Top Gun: Maverick)
    "Lucky Ducks" (The Bob's Burgers Movie)
    "Naatu Naatu" (RRR: Rise, Roar, Revolt)

Lil Tony
    Topics:

The HFPA posted a video of Gaga receiving her Golden Globe for American Horror Story: Hotel. It quickly took me back to the days no one believed in her as an actress. The HFPA were the first to give her an acting award despite the things people were saying. I hope Gaga acknowledges them this time when she lands the nod

Danielle Deadwyler gave the performance of the year.

I remain Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Anthagiox
    Topics:

I feel like these smaller awards are just name checking the big celebs in contention while the Oscars are going to be much more selective.

I just don’t see a way the field is filled with nothing but big names.

BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

Disney submitted 2 songs from Avatar to the Oscars including the Weeknd’s song! Since the ballots don’t have the artists’ names, they votes may get split up actually. So i don’t see the Weeknd being the contender for Oscars as well.

The song might become a little something, not necessarily one of his hits, but noticeable/recognizable enough to separate it from the other song.

And they submitted three songs for 50 Shades and he ended up with the nomination and one of those other songs was just as popular. So he’s been in this similar situation before and got the nom.

Monado
    Topics:

For the film’s closing song, “Lift Me Up,” Göransson wrote the music and then asked Coogler to come up with some lyrics. Coogler came back with what would become the chorus, channeling not only the experience of losing Boseman, but the idea of being a parent (“Lift me up. Hold me down. Keep me close. Safe and sound”)*.

At the same time, as Coogler puts it, Rihanna was “coming up for air” after taking a sabbatical to become a mother. Coogler had reached out to the artist several times before, getting a polite, “She’s not really doing music, but let’s stay in touch,” signal from her management. But now, after the trailer, she wanted in, and added some words and “her flavor,”* says Coogler.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/wakanda-forever-how-ryan-coogler-created-black-panther-1235265311/

i was reading to this article, and the last part sounds a little weird. coogler, the director of wakanda forever said that rihanna added some words. do yall think rihanna is getting nominated? the music branch is very strict, and this song has 4 songwriters

xohours
    Topics:

if LMU gets the nom, then Rih could possibly get Beyonce’d Dreamgirls, if she only inputted a “few words”. the branch is very strict when it comes to rewarding more than three songwriters

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

Hollywood Critics Association (HCA) Creative Arts Nominations

Original Song

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Marvel Studios) – “Lift Me Up” performed by Rihanna

Elvis (Warner Brothers) – “Vegas” performed by Doja Cat

RRR (Variance Films) – “Naatu Naatu” performed by Rahul Sipligunj and Kaala Bhairava

Top Gun: Maverick (Paramount Pictures) – “Hold My Hand” performed by Lady Gaga

Turning Red (Pixar) – “Nobody Like U” performed by 4Town

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

Hollywood Critics Association (HCA) Creative Arts Nominations Original Song Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Marvel Studios) – “Lift Me Up” performed by Rihanna Elvis (Warner Brothers) – “Vegas” performed by Doja Cat RRR (Variance Films) – “Naatu Naatu” performed by Rahul Sipligunj and Kaala Bhairava Top Gun: Maverick (Paramount Pictures) – “Hold My Hand” performed by Lady Gaga Turning Red (Pixar) – “Nobody Like U” performed by 4Town

Damn Doja is EVERYWHERE! Is it even eligible like what is happening?

Anthagiox
    Topics:

For the film’s closing song, “Lift Me Up,” Göransson wrote the music and then asked Coogler to come up with some lyrics. Coogler came back with what would become the chorus, channeling not only the experience of losing Boseman, but the idea of being a parent (“Lift me up. Hold me down. Keep me close. Safe and sound”)*. At the same time, as Coogler puts it, Rihanna was “coming up for air” after taking a sabbatical to become a mother. Coogler had reached out to the artist several times before, getting a polite, “She’s not really doing music, but let’s stay in touch,” signal from her management. But now, after the trailer, she wanted in, and added some words and “her flavor,”* says Coogler. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/wakanda-forever-how-ryan-coogler-created-black-panther-1235265311/ i was reading to this article, and the last part sounds a little weird. coogler, the director of wakanda forever said that rihanna added some words. do yall think rihanna is getting nominated? the music branch is very strict, and this song has 4 songwriters

I guess it’ll depend on how they officially submitted the song to ASCAP. I know with ‘Till It Happens To You’, Gaga was eligible per the Oscar guidelines but then not for the Emmys based on how much of the song she wrote.

According to a Television Academy representative, “The minimum cue sheet percentage for eligibility is 20 percent. Diane and Gaga worked it out internally that Diane had 90 percent, so Gaga was not eligible and hence did not join Diane on the entry form.”

So, 10% must be enough for the Oscars, and I’m sure Rihanna’s few words add up to at least 10%.

Opium
    Topics:

‘Hold my Hand’ has received 10 songwriting nominations, it’s the song with the most nods among contenders so far.

xohours
    Topics:

So, 10% must be enough for the Oscars, and I’m sure Rihanna’s few words add up to at least 10%.

but it was only her and Diane compared to LMU that has four writers which the branch could easily cut short depending on the writing cues and they’re take on it

Deemy
    Topics:

All The Stars and Shallow both had 4 people on the credits and all got nominated.

xohours
    Topics:

same with Shallow but there are cases like with Dreamgirls where Bey got the axe b/c her contributions weren’t enough, if Rih’s sheet doesn’t comply w the branch rules, whatever it may be, then she could easily get the boot. tho we’ll find out soon enough

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2023 Original Song Contenders (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.