Home Forums Movies 2023 Original Song Contenders (Part 3)

2023 Original Song Contenders (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Anthagiox
NilsBecky13
Opium

• James Gibson
    Topics:

Haven’t seen something that aged so quickly and poorly! She isn’t doing this for shits and giggles. She has announced her own Big feature film and directorial debut with her own orginal script! She’s exploring new things and I’m honestly amazed by it.

Oh so you think that announcing this film in such timing is also not part the campaign?

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

Oh so you think that announcing this film in such timing is also not part the campaign?

When did I talk about campaign lmfao? The OP said to build her image in the film industry piece by piece and that’s exactly what she was doing! She started with a short film and now gearing up for a feature film. Neither did I deny her campaigning nor her wish to get an Oscar!

xohours
    Topics:

no TG nor BP, guess there’s no need to really go heavy on the BOS campaign for either given that everyone’s probably already seen them

James Gibson
    Topics:

I really expected Bloodpop or Tems to attend these roundtables. Guess they dont need after all.

Anthagiox
    Topics:

Haven’t seen something that aged so quickly and poorly! She isn’t doing this for shits and giggles. She has announced her own Big feature film and directorial debut with her own orginal script! She’s exploring new things and I’m honestly amazed by it.

Lol, okay. The entire reason she announced this was because she was taking so much heat for the director-on-director thing. I don’t think Taylor understands the movie industry is completely different from music and she’s not going to receive the same never-ending praise that she’s so used to. This whole thing screams “her friends and team members gassing her up, making her think directing music videos means she can direct a movie”. I don’t begrudge her one bit, but I think she’s jumping in over her head.

When did I talk about campaign lmfao? The OP said to build her image in the film industry piece by piece and that’s exactly what she was doing! She started with a short film and now gearing up for a feature film. Neither did I deny her campaigning nor her wish to get an Oscar!

Using your privilege and money to land a deal with a studio for a movie is not “piece by piece” lol. I didn’t expect Taylor to ever do anything the hard way, but it’s going to be harder for her to be respected when she’s getting things handed to her.

KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I know a lot of Taylor Swift fans can be jerks but that’s not Taylor’s fault. There is no need to act like she isn’t talented. Taylor does come from wealth but so too does Lady Gaga. Both obviously had a leg up but that doesn’t change that both are very talented. There is nothing wrong with Taylor Swift using her power to direct a movie. I think being behind the camera is better for her than pursuing an acting career. We all know that acting isn’t her forte but I think writing and directing could be.

Anyway, to get things back on track. I don’t see Carolina garnering an Original Song nomination.

Atypical
    Topics:

Officially stanning for “Naatu, Naatu”! It’s WILD. I can only imagine what a performance would look like on the Oscar stage.

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

Using your privilege and money to land a deal with a studio for a movie is not “piece by piece” lol. I didn’t expect Taylor to ever do anything the hard way, but it’s going to be harder for her to be respected when she’s getting things handed to her.

“I don’t begrudge her one bit” and saying “didn’t expect Taylor to ever do anything the hard way, but it’s going to be harder for her to be respected when she’s getting things handed to her” is so wild lmao! It’s clear you’re bringing petty fan wars here. You think she’s this successful without doing any hard work?

You’re literally a fan of Gaga and saying this. Do you even hear yourself?

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

I know a lot of Taylor Swift fans can be jerks but that’s not Taylor’s fault. There is no need to act like she isn’t talented. Taylor does come from wealth but so too does Lady Gaga. Both obviously had a leg up but that doesn’t change that both are very talented. There is nothing wrong with Taylor Swift using her power to direct a movie. I think being behind the camera is better for her than pursuing an acting career. We all know that acting isn’t her forte but I think writing and directing could be. Anyway, to get things back on track. I don’t see Carolina garnering an Original Song nomination.

Finally!!! Like I really don’t get either fanbases obsession and hatred towards each other. Like I am a fan of Taylor and I’m rooting for Hold my Hand (and Naatu Naatu) for the Oscar. Like if you want fan wars go to Twitter.

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

I also think we’re underestimating Naatu Naatu. Rajamouli won Best director at the New York critics award and NBR ranked RRR in their list. Kinda bummed that this could’be been our easy win but the internal politics of our country’s committee jumped out. But seeing RRR making it to the general categories is giving me so much hope.

So as of now I think Hold my hand, lift me up and Naatu Naatu are kinda locked for Noms. And Ram and NTR will put up a mind blowing performance easily. They’re so talented!

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

And Ram and NTR will put up a mind blowing performance easily. They’re so talented!

That performance on the live stage will be epic. I am manifesting this nomination for no other reason but to see the performance live.

Nathan Rand
    Topics:

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

2022 Las Vegas Film Critics Society (LVFCS) Nominations:

Best Original Song:

“Life Me Up” – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

“Vegas” – Elvis

“Ciao Papa” – Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio

“Naatu Naatu” – RRR

“Hold My Hand” – Top Gun: Maverick

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

2022 Las Vegas Film Critics Society (LVFCS) Nominations: Best Original Song: “Life Me Up” – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever “Vegas” – Elvis “Ciao Papa” – Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio “Naatu Naatu” – RRR “Hold My Hand” – Top Gun: Maverick

Lmao I posted this on supporting actor thread💀 I was waiting for this because they were supposed to come out yesterday but got delayed.

Anyways happy to see Doja’s song make it everywhere and I still don’t think academy will make it eligible coz of the obvious sample!

MichelleReign
    Topics:

That performance on the live stage will be epic. I am manifesting this nomination for no other reason but to see the performance live.

YES THIS!
    And the dancers going into the crowd and forcing people like Spielberg to dance to the song

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2023 Original Song Contenders (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.