Home Forums Movies 2023 Original Song Contenders (Part 5)

2023 Original Song Contenders (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 198 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
11 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Anthagiox
sgcampaigner
James Gibson

• MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

Campaigning for years has really paid off for Gaga. She finally got a nomination without overcampaigning for a whole semester. Congrats, fadga on the huge achievement!

ReplyCopy URL

James Gibson
    Topics:

Shallow never had a muted response anywhere. It was always a lock to win. I’m predicting RRR to win best song for now but that being its only nomination makes me incredibly nervous.

I was specifically talking about Shallow not getting a huge applause at the golden globes, unlike the Oscars. Which would be the parallel with Naatu Naatu not being much applauded during GG win.
    That reaction doesn’t mean either song is less beloved, cause they only gathered more praise through the season.

Anyway, Naaty Naatu is probably winning but here’s my hope for Hold My Hand and This is a Life.

ReplyCopy URL

jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Campaigning for years has really paid off for Gaga. She finally got a nomination without overcampaigning for a whole semester. Congrats, fadga on the huge achievement!

You’re a pathetic, sad individual.

ReplyCopy URL

Babylonian
    Topics:

Girl how old are you?

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

ReplyCopy URL

Babylonian
    Topics:

It is actual pathetic seeing Little Monsters still trying to convince themselves Hold My Hand is winning and NN will be a misleading frontrunner. Honey, this category was over the day star-f*cking central Globes said NO to Gaga and Rihanna and instead awarded NN. NN is a song with actual passion, a song that actually has use in its film (not just a cheap power ballad). LOL @ people saying “Because Top Gun was snubbed in Cinematography they will want to award it here” 🤣 Try again for Joker in 2 years, I’m sure your fave will have desperately inserted another song in the movie knowing that’s the only way she’s getting another Oscar.

All Too Well “short film” 😂: OUT

Carolina: OUT

Amsterdam: OUT

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

ReplyCopy URL

Opium
    Topics:

MarinaBelo, do yourself a favor and go back eating turds for living, it’s the only thing you’re good at, maybe you can add Clayton Davis with you, you can tell he’s an avid shit eater like you.

ReplyCopy URL

Lil Tony
    Topics:

Congratulations to Stefani Germanotta who is officially a four time Academy Award nominee and the first singer to receive three nominations for original song. Congrats, Legend

Danielle Deadwyler gave the performance of the year.

I remain Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

ReplyCopy URL

Lil Tony
    Topics:

I hope anyone wins over that tragic NN song

Seriously. I don’t care about Gaga winning or losing, but I’ll support any song that isn’t Naatu Naatu

Danielle Deadwyler gave the performance of the year.

I remain Lady Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

ReplyCopy URL

Govrnmentjudas
    Topics:

you’re such a pathetic chronically online individual this woman’s success has had you stressed for years and it’s beyond satisfying to see

ReplyCopy URL

Nathan Rand
    Topics:

Besides the RRR Director posting about their nomination has ANY of the nominees for this category acknowledged their nomination? I haven’t seen Gaga or Rihanna post anything and I don’t think Mitski has said anything either.

Edit: I forgot Diane and Sofia also posted a video of their celebration or something. So maybe it’s just those last 3

ReplyCopy URL

Anthagiox
    Topics:

Gaga always waits a few days to say something for some reason lol.

ReplyCopy URL

sgcampaigner
    Topics:

In terms of the long game, I think it would be in Gaga’s best interest to lose this year. The juice from the HOG snub and coming back strong with a BOS nomination can summate to a potential acting win for Joker 2. This may already be her strategy as it would explain her silence.

ReplyCopy URL

sgcampaigner
    Topics:

Did anyone else notice they didn’t credit Rihanna for lyrics? Even though Disney’s FYC listed her as that…strange.

ReplyCopy URL

Henri
    Topics:

That explains the lack of campaign. They expect the movie to speak for itself. I only expect a performance at the Oscars after all the girl even attended the ceremony that was snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL

Nathan Rand
    Topics:

Did anyone else notice they didn’t credit Rihanna for lyrics? Even though Disney’s FYC listed her as that…strange.

I actually did notice that yesterday….very odd..maybe Rihanna’s contributions really were as insignificant as some posters here have thought.

I love Rihanna and a lot of her music but she isn’t necessarily known as a lyricist so who knows, maybe she didn’t contribute enough?

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.