Home Forums Movies 2023 Original song contenders

2023 Original song contenders

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 513 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
xohours
Nathan_Rand
BlueFox94

• TheCriticsChoice
    Topics:

Added to the chart, who sings it? Tanya?

Yep Tanya sings it in the ending credits (you can hear it in trailer too).

xohours
    Topics:

Variety says “maybe” it’s eligible and it appears not even the movie studio knows. we’ll find out soon enough, but Variety lays out the reasons why it may not be

Anthagiox
    Topics:

Variety says “maybe” it’s eligible and it appears not even the movie studio knows. we’ll find out soon enough, but Variety lays out the reasons why it may not be

Do any of you know if the Academy is strict about this stuff? Do they actually have people who go through and judge the eligibility? You’d think the movie studios would know and would understand what should and shouldn’t be submitted.

xohours
    Topics:

Do any of you know if the Academy is strict about this stuff? Do they actually have people who go through and judge the eligibility? You’d think the movie studios would know and would understand what should and shouldn’t be submitted.

this is the same branch that kick Beyoncé out of a nom for Dreamgirls back when they deemed her writing credits not enough for a nom tho they’ve become more lenient over the years since. also i doubt even if eligible the Academy would have a super stud line up

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

If nothing else, “Vegas” seems primed for a Globe nom

— international hit song
    — by a huge star
    — in a film they like and travelled well
    — that’s an across the board Oscar player.

Anthagiox
    Topics:

Yep, but I s’pose it depends on how the industry views Doja. Do they see her as “just another popstar” and therefore aren’t lined up to throw accolades at her, or do they see her for the artist she is? Sometimes it’s hard for popstars to cross the line (most of the time, really).

xohours
    Topics:

Feinberg’s first BOS forecast

“Hold My Hand” (Top Gun: Maverick) — Lady Gaga
    “Nobody Like U” (Turning Red) — Billie Eilish & Finneas
    “This Is a Life” (Everything Everywhere All at Once) — David Byrne, Ryan Lott & Mitski
    “Time” (Amsterdam) — Drake & Giveon
    “On My Way” (Marry Me) — Jennifer Lopez

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/feinberg-forecast-95th-oscars-1235220600/

Anthagiox
    Topics:

Feinberg’s first BOS forecast “Hold My Hand” (Top Gun: Maverick) — Lady Gaga “Nobody Like U” (Turning Red) — Billie Eilish & Finneas “This Is a Life” (Everything Everywhere All at Once) — David Byrne, Ryan Lott & Mitski “Time” (Amsterdam) — Drake & Giveon “On My Way” (Marry Me) — Jennifer Lopez https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/feinberg-forecast-95th-oscars-1235220600/

Major Threats (rest of shortlist)
    “Carolina” (Where the Crawdads Sing) — Taylor Swift
    “Vegas” (Elvis) — Doja Cat
    “Not Alone” (Devotion) — Joe Jonas
    “(You Made It Feel Like) Home” (Bones and All) — Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
    “I Ain’t Worried” — One Republic

So I guess nobody understands the rules to this category lol.

The song from Everything Everywhere All at Once could be a threat to HMH that everyone is overlooking.

BlueFox94
    Topics:

So I guess nobody understands the rules to this category lol.

The song from Everything Everywhere All at Once could be a threat to HMH that everyone is overlooking.

Tbh, “This Is a Life” is a bit of an afterthought to the whole experience of Everything Everywhere All at Once.

I’d rather have Rafiq Bhatia, Ian Chang, and Ryan Lott nominated collectively in Best Original Score.

Help me manifest this Best Original Song category at the 95th Oscars!:
    (contenders as of end of November)

"Dragon Commander" (Inu-oh)
    "Good Tonight" (The Bad Guys)
    "Hold My Hand" (Top Gun: Maverick)
    "Lucky Ducks" (The Bob's Burgers Movie)
    "Naatu Naatu" (RRR: Rise, Roar, Revolt)

Anthagiox
    Topics:

Tbh, “This Is a Life” is a bit of an afterthought to the whole experience of Everything Everywhere All at Once. I’d rather have Rafiq Bhatia, Ian Chang, and Ryan Lott nominated collectively in Best Original Score.

Ah, got’cha. That makes sense. TBH, though, HMH is sort of an afterthought as well as it doesn’t play until the end credits. It is used in the score throughout the entire movie, but I’m not sure how many voters noticed that. Then again, this category doesn’t seem to ever have a whole lot of thought put into it so the biggest name might just win by default.

xohours
    Topics:

unless you have a anomaly like LIG, Shallow, yea this category usually defaults to the biggest well known movie/franchise since on the ballot songwriters don’t even appear aka how Diane always loses  its only the song & film title

MysticMagix
    Topics:

If nothing else, “Vegas” seems primed for a Globe nom — international hit song — by a huge star — in a film they like and travelled well — that’s an across the board Oscar player.

And shes gonna win too

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

xohours
    Topics:

come to think of it has the GG’s ever nominated songs w samples, since they love to try and be a close copycat of the BOS noms

Anthagiox
    Topics:

unless you have a anomaly like LIG, Shallow, yea this category usually defaults to the biggest well known movie/franchise since on the ballot songwriters don’t even appear aka how Diane always loses its only the song & film title

That’s one of the biggest reasons I think Gaga will always have the upper-hand this year. Even with Black Panther on the ballot, Top Gun Maverick being the critical and commercial behemoth it was may just be too much to overcome.

Rosso
    Topics:

Isn’t I Ain’t Worried a bigger hit than Hold My Hand? Though the latter is an Oscar magnet atp so they probably will reward her with the nomination.

Both songs (and Tom Cruise) can suck it, though.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘2023 Original song contenders’ is closed to new replies.