Home Forums Movies 2023 Original song contenders

2023 Original song contenders

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 513 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
xohours
Nathan_Rand
BlueFox94

• 24fanatic
    Topics:

Written by Queen Riri herself, Academy award nominee and the movie’s director Ryan Coogler, Academy Award winner Ludwig Göransson(EGO Winner) and Tems!

Plus the song is written as a tribute to the life and legacy of Chadwick Boseman.

This has everything necessary to win. Just need the song to actually be good and for the film to get decent to positive reviews.

xohours
    Topics:

Q. Top Gun had “Take My Breath Away.” Maverick needed a big artist to match Berlin. So you got Lady Gaga.

Jerry: She’s an incredible artist — let’s start there. A great writer. Her songs are so well produced, and she has such a great voice. She’s a gifted, gifted artist. She’s an actress, she’s a writer, she can do anything. You always want the best. You’ve got Tom Cruise? He’s the best. You want the best artists.

We got her in very early on — I think Paramount contacted her, and we heard something [from “Hold My Hand”] pretty early on. Joe and I flew to London to play it for Tom and Hans Zimmer, and they were blown away.

HMH campaign beginning

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/jerry-bruckheimer-top-gun-interview-2022

mporter455
    Topics:

those BP:WF song writing credits, yup they’re taking it.

Gaga doesn’t need a second oscar so soon, and I’m sure she’d much rather be awarded for a performance in a film rather than a song, at this point.

ejaru1810
    Topics:

I’m sure she’d much rather be awarded for a performance in a film rather than a song, at this point.

Yeah, also I feel Gaga won’t do much for the campaign, a nomination would be fine for her.

Anthagiox
    Topics:

those BP:WF song writing credits, yup they’re taking it. Gaga doesn’t need a second oscar so soon, and I’m sure she’d much rather be awarded for a performance in a film rather than a song, at this point.

The credits aren’t shown on the ballots, if I’m not mistaken. It’s going to come down to song and movie recognition. Will the voters know/like TG or BP better? Will they know Hold My Hand is Lady Gaga or Lift Me Up is Rihanna? And if they know who’s who, are they more inclined to vote for someone who is known to the Academy, Gaga, or a newbie, Rihanna? Will Tom Cruise cast a scientology voodoo spell to ensure HMH’s win?

All I know is that the inevitable media narrative pitting Gaga and Rihanna against one another is going to be annoying as hell.

xohours
    Topics:

The credits aren’t shown on the ballots, if I’m not mistaken. It’s going to come down to song and movie recognition. Will the voters know/like TG or BP better? Will they know Hold My Hand is Lady Gaga or Lift Me Up is Rihanna? And if they know who’s who, are they more inclined to vote for someone who is known to the Academy, Gaga, or a newbie, Rihanna? Will Tom Cruise cast a scientology voodoo spell to ensure HMH’s win? All I know is that the inevitable media narrative pitting Gaga and Rihanna against one another is going to be annoying as hell.

songwriters aren’t listed on the final ballot, only film and song title, its probably the main reason Warren always keeps losing

Deemy
    Topics:

Rihanna’s “Lift Me Up” is more than just the end credits song but it actually plays in one of the most impactful scenes in the film. (I’m assuming Chadwick’s funeral) so the visibility of the song will be more high profile than All the Stars. O think that will help it register in voters mind who watch the film.

stilloverit
    Topics:

Hold My Hand is not winning- it is just not the type of song that wins. Especially when voters compare it to Gaga’s other Visual Media songs (TIHTY & literally every song on ASIB), it does not hold up at ALL. The only reason its gonna get nominated is name and film recognition. Not saying Rihanna is going to win, all I know is that it will not be between her and Gaga. Personally, I think ‘Stand Up’ by Jazmine Sullivan has the best chance thus far.

BlueFox94
    Topics:

Ugh, at this point, I just want “Lucky Ducks” and “Naatu Naatu” to compete alongside whatever starf*ckery AMPAS’ Music branch decides to get stiff for this year.

And I’m still curious as to how Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and Avatar: The Way of Water will chase and likely surpass Top Gun: Maverick’s box office run.

Help me manifest this Best Original Song category at the 95th Oscars!:
    (contenders as of end of November)

"Dragon Commander" (Inu-oh)
    "Good Tonight" (The Bad Guys)
    "Hold My Hand" (Top Gun: Maverick)
    "Lucky Ducks" (The Bob's Burgers Movie)
    "Naatu Naatu" (RRR: Rise, Roar, Revolt)

Huerco
    Topics:

Jazmine Sullivan is not winning over Lady Gaga, Rihanna and their songs form massive hit films.

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

The reviews are in and I can say Rihanna’s nomination is 100% locked! At this point the BOS submissions are fighting for rest of the 3 places except Gaga and Rihanna…

Huerco
    Topics:

My current prediction:

“Applause” (from Tell It Like a Woman) – Diane Warren
    “Hold My Hand” (from Top Gun: Maverick) – Lady Gaga and BloodPop – RUNNER-UP
    “Lift Me Up” (from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever) – Rihanna, Ludwig Göransson, Ryan Coogler and Tems – WINNER
    “Nobody Like U” (from Turning Red) – Billie Eilish and Finneas O’Connell
    “Stand Up” (from Till) – Jazmine Sullivan and Dernst Emile II

xohours
    Topics:

Rihanna’s “Lift Me Up” is more than just the end credits song but it actually plays in one of the most impactful scenes in the film. (I’m assuming Chadwick’s funeral) so the visibility of the song will be more high profile than All the Stars. O think that will help it register in voters mind who watch the film.

its already been confirmed that both plays during the ends credits

xohours
    Topics:

Sullivan is no where getting near win-competitive for BOS for a non event movie especially in a category like this where winners have always defaulted to the most populist/visible well known film. its the reason why Diane Warren keeps losing

Anthagiox
    Topics:

its already been confirmed that both plays during the ends credits

Couldn’t it be both just like Hold My Hand?

If Lift Me Up does play at a big scene like a funeral scene, that is absolutely going to give it a big boost.

Sullivan is no where getting near win-competitive for BOS for a non event movie especially in a category like this where winners have always defaulted to the most populist/visible well known film. its the reason why Diane Warren keeps losing

All people have to do is pull up the Best Original Song Wiki and look at what and who has won in the past.  It’s very predictable.

2021 – No Time To Die – James Bond films are always going to win.

2020 – Judas and the Black Messiah – A weaker year competition-wise so the movie with the most recognition wins.

2019 – Rocketman – The musical about a legendary popstar wins.

2018 – A Star Is Born – Popular musical.

2017 – Coco – Beloved animated film with two Oscar winners as writers.

2016 – La La Land – Popular musical.

2015 – Spectre – James Bond films are always going to win.

2014 – Selma – This year actually had some competition with ‘Everything Is Awesome’, but the win went to the movie that was more critically acclaimed.

Y’all get the point. The category this year isn’t going to buck any trends, especially with two high-profile popstars (maybe more) in the mix. It will go to the most popular movie with name recognition.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘2023 Original song contenders’ is closed to new replies.