Home Forums Movies 2023 Original song contenders

2023 Original song contenders

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 210 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 hours ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Nathan_Rand
Starbuck1234!
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Spill. Gaga’s song fits the film and is 100% getting nominated, while Swift’s new work sounds like a abandoned song from Folklore and doesn’t feel like what will get nominated for Oscars (usually the “message songs”).

Don’t get overhyped just because it’s a Taylor Swift song. She can be nominated, but this song feels too weak.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedogbarking
    Topics:

Spill. Gaga’s song is boring and uninspired. At least Taylor’s song has creative lyricism and represents the film as a whole. And not people saying Gaga’s song will be helped by her Best Actress “snub” this year😭

oh lord again? it looks like gaga always shake the awards season and the people that hate her don’t know how to handle themselves. it’s kinda funny

and the snub feeling may be real, you know… on some of the anonymous ballots her name were mentioned as one that could be on the list of nominees.

some of you don’t even take time to look at the races and just come here to say whatever you’re make up in you’re head. don’t you get tired?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

Spill. Gaga’s song fits the film and is 100% getting nominated, while Swift’s new work sounds like a abandoned song from Folklore and doesn’t feel like what will get nominated for Oscars (usually the “message songs”). Don’t get overhyped just because it’s a Taylor Swift song. She can be nominated, but this song feels too weak.

An abandoned song from Folklore isn’t a drag when Folklore won album of the year😭.

oh lord again? it looks like gaga always shake the awards season and the people that hate her don’t know how to handle themselves. it’s kinda funny and the snub feeling may be real, you know… on some of the anonymous ballots her name were mentioned as one that could be on the list of nominees. some of you don’t even take time to look at the races and just come here to say whatever you’re make up in you’re head. don’t you get tired?

Anonymous ballots as evidence? Like how ever ballot wanted Cruz to win over Chastain, but look at the outcome. Gaga’s “snub” is irrelevant because nobody cares and this is a new award season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

An abandoned song from Folklore isn’t a drag when Folklore won album of the year😭.

Oh please you know what I mean…Nothing against Taylor but this new song is just not strong, at least compared to Hold My Hand. You need to calm down because you seem like a die-hard Swiftie.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

oh lord again? it looks like gaga always shake the awards season and the people that hate her don’t know how to handle themselves. it’s kinda funny and the snub feeling may be real, you know… on some of the anonymous ballots her name were mentioned as one that could be on the list of nominees. some of you don’t even take time to look at the races and just come here to say whatever you’re make up in you’re head. don’t you get tired?

Don’t even bother, It’s always the same miserable and vile users who spend their time online hating on a popstar who is not even aware of their useless existences.

Last season they were crying that “monsters” were filling the Best Actress thread, now that we’re not there they have to come in the song thread just because Gaga is in to create their usual stupid fights hiding behind whoever is Gaga’s competition just for the sake of keep hating, they’re so predictable and stale.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Okay sorry but this is terrible. I wish she got nominated for “Safe and Sound” because that was actually a good contender. This song just feels so lazy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Hold My Hand (from Top Gun: Maverick) – Lady Gaga and BloodPop
    Nobody Like U (from Turning Red) – Finneas O’Connell and Billie Eilish
    TBA (from Avatar: The Way of Water) – TBA
    TBA (from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever) – TBA
    TBA

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    cannastop
    Topics:

Hold My Hand (from Top Gun: Maverick) – Lady Gaga and BloodPop Nobody Like U (from Turning Red) – Finneas O’Connell and Billie Eilish TBA (from Avatar: The Way of Water) – TBA TBA (from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever) – TBA TBA

Why are you so confident Avatar 2 and Black Panther 2 will have nominated songs?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

Saw Marry Me on the plane. Rooting for a shortlist nom at least

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Starbuck1234!
    Topics:

I agree.  But, Oscar songs do not necessarily need commercial box office appeal.  Often they go hand in hand, but not always.  ONly about half of the winning songs came from popular films.  And they also don’t need to chart well.  No time To Die was a box office smash but the song didn’t even hit #1.  In 2021, Judas and the Black Messiah only brought in 7 million and the song “Fight for You” I had never heard before.   Often Oscar songs don’t chart well at all.  In the past 20 years, only 7 winners have even charted at all on the BB Hot 100.  And only 3 hit #1 (Shallow, Let it Go, Skyfall).  obviously those songs were game changers.  But, that doesn’t happen but once every 7 years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Starbuck1234!
    Topics:

I doubt that.  This is for song.  No one is remembering House of Gucci right now. That’s not how Oscar’s work IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Starbuck1234!
    Topics:

And people watched Judas and the Black Messiah? It only brought in 7 million.   I didn’t say it would get an Oscar or even a nomination, but it really does not matter much as long as the movie is not an embarrassment like Cats.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Starbuck1234!
    Topics:

I love the movie.  I’ve seen it twice.  I like Gaga a lot.  I watch her movies and listen to her songs.  Without names and artists, I’m asking how Hold my Hand represents the movie well.  The lyrics are not especially profound or ground-breaking nor is the instrumental.  Charts are meaningless in this award game.  Its not an award for the  Best Song.  It is an award for the Song that represents the movie in the Best way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Starbuck1234!
    Topics:

it represents the movie in the best way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Hold My Hand (from Top Gun: Maverick) – Lady Gaga and BloodPop Nobody Like U (from Turning Red) – Finneas O’Connell and Billie Eilish TBA (from Avatar: The Way of Water) – TBA TBA (from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever) – TBA TBA

Blind predictions, nothing more… The song from BP1 made the cut and now there are rumors of Doja Cat singing for the sequel. It could be a contender. Avatar could have a good song too. I know the song from the first part wasn’t nominated but this year is weak so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 210 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.