Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscar Contenders (Part 2)

2023 Oscar Contenders (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 538 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Setia_Yasmine..
wolfali
Richie Rich
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 2 is now open.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

First batch of very unconfident predictions.

Picture: She Said (spoiler: Empire of Light)

Director: Maria Schrader, She Said (spoiler: Park Chan-wook)

Actor: Hugh Jackman, The Son (spoiler: Colman Domingo, Rustin)

Actress: Naomi Ackie, I Wanna Dance With Somebody (spoiler: Margot Robbie, Babylon)

Supporting Actor: Paul Dano, The Fabelmans (Jeremy Strong, Armageddon Time)

Supporting Actress: Jean Smart, Babylon (spoiler: Michelle Williams, The Fabelmans)

Adapted Screenplay: White Noise (spoiler: Women Talking)

Original Screenplay: Decision to Leave (spoiler: Empire of Light)

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

How large is Jean Smart’s role in Babylon? I wonder if it’s Maggie Smith in Gosford Park size or a 30+ min role.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

I’m surprised no one has put down Olivia DeJonge for Elvis in their supporting actress predictions. She’s playing Priscilla Presley and apparently has a large role with a lot of Oscar scenes??

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I’m surprised no one has put down Olivia DeJonge for Elvis in their supporting actress predictions. She’s playing Priscilla Presley and apparently has a large role with a lot of Oscar scenes??

I’m just really doubtful that Elvis as a whole is going to go very far in terms of awards. It has a very, very  early release date and the pedigree behind it doesn’t exactly inspire a lot of confidence, especially the director, who has not had a film touch the Oscars since 2013. Supporting Actress is *extremely* packed this year and a lot of the more predicted contenders in that category are predicted in the manner that they are due to better release dates and because they’re in films that just seem like they’ll have a better awards trajectory. DeJonge wasn’t really shown much in the trailer and is largely an unknown, which gives me doubt that she’ll personally pick up a lot of traction in a ridiculously crowded category. Nothing’s impossible (Take DeBose; she wasn’t largely predicted earlier on this year, but her film turned out to be stronger than expected and she’s currently sweeping), but I’m just having trouble seeing DeJonge stand out amongst the contenders this year even if she gives a great performance.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Lily Gladstone is coming after being overlooked for Certain Women.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

The awards prospects for Bill Nighy in Living do interest me quite a bit. I’m wondering if he’ll be a big thing at the critics circuit and/or at the BAFTAs.

Profile picture
    Kenny
    Topics:

I’m hoping Kate Winslet speaks with her Mare of Easttown accent in Avatar II. All the awards will go to her.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

How large is Jean Smart’s role in Babylon? I wonder if it’s Maggie Smith in Gosford Park size or a 30+ min role.

It’s not clear, but I think her material could be meaty. THR published this about her character when her casting was announced: Sources say Smart is playing a Hollywood journalist/critic who can make or break careers (https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/jean-smart-brad-pitt-margot-robbie-damien-chazelle-babylon-1234980922/)

Her character’s name is Elinor St. John.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

It’s not clear, but I think her material could be meaty. THR published this about her character when her casting was announced: Sources say Smart is playing a Hollywood journalist/critic who can make or break careers (https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/jean-smart-brad-pitt-margot-robbie-damien-chazelle-babylon-1234980922/)

Her character’s name is Elinor St. John.

Thanks. I think I’ll expect it to be the size of Helen Mirren in Trumbo.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

lily gladstone is really the kodi smit or ariana debose of next year i am hoping lol

but at end of day jean smart might take the sag and oscar they love her

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

is Zoe Kazan Lead or supporting in She said ?? one of the mulligan and her will go lead and the other supporting like Pitt in OUTIH

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

First batch of very unconfident predictions. Picture: She Said (spoiler: Empire of Light) Director: Maria Schrader, She Said (spoiler: Park Chan-wook) Actor: Hugh Jackman, The Son (spoiler: Colman Domingo, Rustin) Actress: Naomi Ackie, I Wanna Dance With Somebody (spoiler: Margot Robbie, Babylon) Supporting Actor: Paul Dano, The Fabelmans (Jeremy Strong, Armageddon Time) Supporting Actress: Jean Smart, Babylon (spoiler: Michelle Williams, The Fabelmans) Adapted Screenplay: White Noise (spoiler: Women Talking) Original Screenplay: Decision to Leave (spoiler: Empire of Light)

i’d be suprised if paul dano wins against Brad pitt or Leonardo Dicaprio i am really rooting for him and i hope Ackie Movie won’t be like respect

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscar Contenders (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.