Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 1)

2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 368 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
8 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Ed_Distasio_1
kbc
FreeJacob22
  • Profile picture
    Cair
    Topics:

While I can see a possibility of Austin Butler getting an Oscar nomination, I don’t really think had that Oscar winning moment. But he was good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

1. Hugh Jackman – The Son
    2. Brendan Fraser – The Whale
    3. Austin Butler – Elvis
    4. Christian Bale – Amsterdam
    5. Song Kang-ho – Borker

Alternatives:
    6. Leo if KOTFM is ready for 2022
    7. Adam Driver – White Noise
    8. Colman Domingo – Rustin
    9. Diego Calva – Babylon

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

I still have Butler in my top 5 but let’s not get ahead of ourselves and start calling the race over. The release date doesn’t help him much, the film won’t be a phenomenon like Bohemian Rhapsody was and I think critics awards will go for other contenders over him. However, I believe the industry will be more receptive to him and the film.

The only thing I’ll give Butler in this moment with so many big contenders unseen yet is that his performance will be SAG-friendly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FUTURE
    Topics:

Austin Butler’s performance shocked me as well. He definitely went from a near non-factor to a clear frontrunner. But I don’t think it’s completely called in his favor yet LOL, it’s still really early. Someone I could see sneaking up on him with recency bias is Leo in KOTFM (if it’s released in time of course…)

"Carolina" by Taylor Swift for Best Original Song at the Oscars and Best Song Written for Visual Media at the Grammys

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

I think Leo will have a very high bar to clear to win a second one. And relatively speaking, it hasn’t been that long since he won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ed Distasio
    Topics:

Anyone saying butler didn’t have a Oscar winning moment are wrong. The 68 comeback sequence and Elvis first. Vegas performance sequence was incredible

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

Anyone saying butler didn’t have a Oscar winning moment are wrong. The 68 comeback sequence and Elvis first. Vegas performance sequence was incredible

I think he’s 80% getting nominated but the nomination will be his reward. He’s still relatively new and hasn’t always had the best of projects. This like Kristen Stewart last year, the nomination will be a “welcome to the club”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ed Distasio
    Topics:

I think he’s 80% getting nominated but the nomination will be his reward. He’s still relatively new and hasn’t always had the best of projects. This like Kristen Stewart last year, the nomination will be a “welcome to the club”

Kristin Stewart lost cause they. Gave best actress to a better portrayal of a real life person

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

Kristin Stewart lost cause they. Gave best actress to a better portrayal of a real life person

She never stood a real chance, if it wasn’t Jessica it was gonna be Nicole or Penélope. I really appreciated Butler’s performance but he’s gonna run against people like Hugh Jackman who’s long overdue.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

She never stood a real chance, if it wasn’t Jessica it was gonna be Nicole or Penélope. I really appreciated Butler’s performance but he’s gonna run against people like Hugh Jackman who’s long overdue.

How Hugh Jackman is long overdue?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Jackman is not overdue, however, he’s someone loved and respected by the industry. He is an Emmy, Grammy and Tony winning and Oscar nominated veteran. Winning and Oscar is the next step in his career but his filmography doesn’t make him someone I’d call “overdue”.

If The Son delivers, he could make it all the way to the Oscar stage. Also, The Son will likely be a bigger player than Elvis.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ed Distasio
    Topics:

Butler is winning he is popular among young audiences   They will want the ratings

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Butler is winning he is popular among young audiences They will want the ratings

Timothée Chalamet is winning he is popular among young audiences They will want the ratings

Lady Gaga is winning she is popular among young audiences They will want the ratings

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Frenchfrizzygirl
    Topics:

I think Leo will have a very high bar to clear to win a second one. And relatively speaking, it hasn’t been that long since he won.

Seven years will separate the next ceremony from the moment he won, but I agree.  As much as I love him and would enjoy to see him winning a second oscar, he really must push his limits. With a new side of his acting and personnality ? It worked so well in TWOWS, he nearly did it !

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ed Distasio
    Topics:

Stop butler had this win already. It’s a flashy performance  he’s  portraying  a real life person the academy always goes for that   Plus I  know members of screen actors guild and they already tell me most People in the acting branch believe it’s Austin butlers year

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 368 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.