Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 1)

2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 511 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Bonehead
sarahvsmovies
kamila

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Ed Distasio
    Topics:

Hollywood critics association just awarded best actor. To Austin butler

HAL 9000
    Topics:

Hollywood critics association just awarded best actor. To Austin butler

They awarded Best actor to Anthony Ramos the same time last year so it doesn’t mean much.

HAL 9000
    Topics:

Ruimy posted about KOTFM’s test screening again and emphasized how much Leo was a stand out and that a huge awards campaign has been readied for him.

K Olivia
    Topics:

Broker is fine. I wasn’t crazy over it. But if Song Kang-ho gets any awards buzz this season I’d be 100% here for it. He should’ve received a nomination for Parasite.

Oleageoun
    Topics:

Is White Noise gonna be too much out there for the Academy? Sounds like the exact opposite of Marriage Story to me. Driver might get nominated though and then win for Ferrari/Megalopolis next year

Oleageoun
    Topics:

Ruimy posted about KOTFM’s test screening again and emphasized how much Leo was a stand out and that a huge awards campaign has been readied for him.

Its hilarious some people actually thought Plemons was gonna be the lead lol. Leo’s taken only one supporting role since Titanic and that was when the director’s previous movie got an iconic supporting actor win

sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

Is White Noise gonna be too much out there for the Academy? Sounds like the exact opposite of Marriage Story to me. Driver might get nominated though and then win for Ferrari/Megalopolis next year

Megalopolis is years out. Coppola said it would take him at least 3 years to make.

Frenchfrizzygirl
    Topics:

Its hilarious some people actually thought Plemons was gonna be the lead lol. Leo’s taken only one supporting role since Titanic and that was when the director’s previous movie got an iconic supporting actor win

Indeed. And The Departed was an ensemble cast ! I’m glad to know an actor I adore still having good to great roles years after years ! I wouldn’t mind to see him getting a second win if he really deserves so. It would certainly be better than his first so-so win !

diego
    Topics:

Alphabetical:

Babylon lead (either Calva or Pitt)
    Butler
    DiCaprio
    Domingo (not sure if Rustin is releasing or not)
    Jackman

If Rustin doesn’t release then I’ll go with Farrell. I do NOT see the Whale happening.

wolfali
    Topics:

(DiCaprio in 3rd if Killer of the Flowers Moon makes eligibility).

1. Hugh Jackman, The Son
    2. Adam Driver, White Noise
    3. Colin Firth, Empire of Light
    4. Bill Nighy, Living
    5. Austin Butler, Elvis

6. Colin Farrell, The Banshees of Inisherin
    7. Song Kang-ho, Broker
    8. Brad Pitt, Babylon
    9. Daniel Gimenez Cacho, Bardo
    10. Brendan Fraser, The Whale

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Oleageoun
    Topics:

Megalopolis is years out. Coppola said it would take him at least 3 years to make.

Its shooting in October right after Ferrari is finished filming

Cordelia
    Topics:

Not to be reductive, but by the end of Venice we will likely have our Best Actor winner. Adam Driver/Brendan Frasier/Hugh Jackman will have their movies and performance quality known. Other contenders like Daniel Gimenez Cacho will have their shot. In this lineup is our next winner.

My Favourite Albums

Oil Of Every Pearl's Un-Insides - SOPHIE

Hounds of Love - Kate Bush

Since I Left You - The Avalanches

Twin Fantasy - Car Seat Headrest

Vespertine - Bjork

HAL 9000
    Topics:

Not to be reductive, but by the end of Venice we will likely have our Best Actor winner. Adam Driver/Brendan Frasier/Hugh Jackman will have their movies and performance quality known. Other contenders like Daniel Gimenez Cacho will have their shot. In this lineup is our next winner.

KOTFM, Babylon, Fablemans etc will still be left though so the race won’t be closed yet

gorman
    Topics:

DiCaprio in KOTFM is the obvious counter-argument to this. I’d probably agree Jackman is the likeliest right now, with Rustin seemingly moving to next year, but I’d give DiCaprio a better chance than Fraser and Driver.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.