Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 1)

2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 511 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Bonehead
Jake422
sarahvsmovies
  • Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

Yup, at the time of writing it, it was a toss-up between Farrell and Driver, but now that the trailer for Banshees is out, I’ll probably put Driver in my top five. Nighy is also very tempting.

Yeah I switched him out in favor of Christian Bale in ‘Amsterdam’ or ‘The Pale Blue Eye’.

Profile picture
    The Zone of Interest
    Topics:
    1. Hugh Jackman, The Son
    2. Brendan Fraser, The Whale
    3. Austin Butler, Elvis
    4. Adam Driver, White Noise
    5. Daniel Gimenez Cacho, Bardo
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

This feels like something that could take off if good. It’s A24 so think they’ll focus on a Fraser win but would love a campaign for them just to get Pope nominated

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

I don’t know what it will mean for Song Kang-Ho but I don’t think he has the history/support Penelope had to sail through despite the film not being submitted for Foreign Language. (Parallel Mothers)

Profile picture
    Bonehead
    Topics:

Bill Nighy this year feels less like Willem Dafoe for At Eternity’s Gate and more like Ian McKellen for Mr. Holmes or Michael Caine for Youth .

I know he’s overdue for his first nomination, but I don’t see it happening for Living.

Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

August / Pre-Fall-Festivals Predictions:

1. Hugh Jackman, The Son
    2. Brendan Fraser, The Whale
    3. Austin Butler, Elvis
    4. Daniel Gimenez Cacho, Bardo
    5. Adam Driver, White Noise

6. Diego Calva, Babylon
    7. Colin Farrell, The Banshees of Inisherin
    8. Bill Nighy, Living
    9. Song Kang-Ho, Broker
    10. Kelvin Harrison Jr, Chevalier

Profile picture
    Frenchfrizzygirl
    Topics:

I’ve Seen Elvis last night and I didn’t expect to like this that much ! It’s far for perfect (Tom Hanks awkward presence at times, the editing in the first part) but it’s moving and enjoyable ! Austin Butler deserves to be nominated, and maybe to win! He’s phenomenal, probably the best incarnation I have seen in a musical biopic with Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison in The Doors ! 🥰 👏

Profile picture
    Prince1
    Topics:

Austin Butler is very lucky that it’s a weak field & so many contenders dropped out.

Profile picture
    Bonehead
    Topics:

I bet Warner Bros have developed a campaign strategy to ensure Elvis happens in picture for the statistical advantage it would give Butler.

Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

I think it’s going to come down to Austin vs. Brendan for their transformative performances. I’m going with Butler because it’s a biopic and you know how much the Academy loves those films but would be more than happy for Brendan coz I grew up on his movies.

Jackman has to split more screentime with his co-star so he’s third on my predictions.

Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

Elvis is atrocious but considering what won last time I wouldn’t be surprised if it makes Picture.

Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

This race already looks tragic. The category really peaked when we had this legendary trio.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling, Hot McCormack held his own against Horny Thompson in Good Luck To You, Leo Grande. It’s a great performance, vulnerable, charming, and hot heartbreaking.

This category is absolutely in need of fresh new faces, his inclusion, though very unlikely, would be a very inspiring pick by the SlapShow.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Tang Wei, Decision To Leave
    Rebecca Hall, Resurrection

James Hong & Jamie Lee Curtis, Everything Everywhere All At Once

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Darling, Hot McCormack held his own against Horny Thompson in Good Luck To You, Leo Grande. It’s a great performance, vulnerable, charming, and hot heartbreaking. This category is absolutely in need of fresh new faces, his inclusion, though very unlikely, would be a very inspiring pick by the SlapShow.

Profile picture
    Jake
    Topics:

This race already looks tragic. The category really peaked when we had this legendary trio.

If only Gary Oldman’s subpar work in “Monk” was replaced by Mads Mikkelsen from “Another Round”, we would have had a perfect line-up. It’s also curious how Chadwick Boseman’s win was supposed to be a foregone conclusion and yet in retrospect everybody agrees on Hopkins. No wonder – it’s a tour de force.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.