Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 3)

2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Bonehead
Norma Jeane
Ed_Distasio_1

• Heptapod
    Topics:

GOLDEN GLOBE – DRAMA
    Austin Butler
    Brendan Fraser
    Hugh Jackman
    Bill Nighy
    Jeremy Pope

GOLDEN GLOBE – COMEDY/MUSICAL
    Diego Calva
    Daniel Craig
    Adam Driver
    Colin Farrell
    Daniel Radcliffe

SCREEN ACTORS GUILD
    Austin Butler
    Adam Driver
    Colin Farrell
    Brendan Fraser
    Hugh Jackman

CRITICS CHOICE
    Austin Butler
    Diego Calva
    Tom Cruise
    Colin Farrell
    Brendan Fraser
    Bill Nighy

BAFTAS
    Colin Farrell
    Brendan Fraser
    Daryl McCormack
    Paul Mescal
    Bill Nighy
    Jeremy Pope

ACADEMY AWARDS
    Austin Butler
    Diego Calva
    Colin Farrell
    Brendan Fraser
    Bill Nighy

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Shrek Superslam
    Topics:

Predictions From Me This Week:

Austin Butler – Elvis
    Tom Cruise – Top Gun: Maverick
    Colin Farrell – The Banshees Of Inisherin
    Brendan Fraser – The Whale
    Hugh Jackman – The Son

Fraser winning is dependent on whether or not The Whale gets into Picture.

If only Elvis gets into Picture, then Austin wins. If only The Whale does, Fraser wins. If Both do, then Fraser wins, I reckon still.

If The Son somehow gets nominated, then I think Jackman wins… The whole sell of the film, at this point, would Be Jackman’s performance, so if it’s a Top 10 Film Of The Year for Academy voters, then Jackman is likely No. 1 or No. 2. for them.

If none of the three films get nominated, Cruise wins.

If Cruise doesn’t get nominated and none of the three aforementioned films get in, then Farrell wins.

Farrell will win, at some point, if he keeps on doing good work over the course of this decade. This seems to be a breakout year for him, in a way, which is strange, given he is so established… However, it does feel like Farrell is only getting started, ironic given he’s been a leading man for over 20 years now, but the other four actors here… it might be all their best chances at ever getting an Oscar. And I’m sure the Academy will be aware of that, although I’m sure they will attempt to make butler a “thing”, before limply giving up.

Also:
    Paul Mescal = similar situation likely to Simon Rex last year.
    Bill Nighy = Delroy Lindo/Ethan Hawke/Adam Sandler/Nicolas Cage/etc…
    Jeremy Pope = at Best, Tahar Rahim in The Mauritanian
    Deigo Calva = I doubt he will be given a good enough role for him to get in over more established names. Could see a nom at critics choice and globes, though. poss bafta, too.
    Will Smith = if he does release his film and it gets okay reviews, then I can see him getting a similar awards run to Concussion. I doubt it is the case, but if the film ends up being REALLY good, then he could take someone’s place in the line up. However, given it is Antoine Fuqua directing, I am not counting on it.
    Adam Driver = Not happening. This isn’t Don’t Look Up. And remember, DiCaprio didn’t even get nominated for Don’t Look Up. Even if this gets into Picture + Screenplay, this won’t get an acting nom for Driver. Look at last year with Cooper and DiCaprio, who, frankly, seemed to be in stronger movies. both got beaten by bardem for that ridiculous portrayal.
    Joaquin Phoenix = Don’t think it’ll be released, but, if it is, then he stands a better chance at getting in here than anticipated. Apple will put a lot of strenght behind this, if they decide to release it. Last year, MGM were promoting Licorice Pizza over House Of Gucci. And The Last Duel was neglected by Fox for West Side Story and it was also severely wounded by a terrible box office. Napoleon won’t have this issue. If Phoenix delivers as well as Gaga did or the film is as acclaimed as The Last Duel, he could easily take a spot here, as a respected veteran actor, playing quite an Oscary role.
    Leonardo DiCaprio = I reckon, if Killers Of The Flower Moon gets released AND is good, then he could have a shot at winning here. Limp category and I reckon the Academy wouldn’t mind giving him another win, especially as he’s working with “Marty”. He’s certainly more deserving of a second Oscar than butler, Jackman or Fraser are of a first…
    Michael Fassbender = I have heard privately that Netflix are considering sending out The Killer to AFI. Can’t confirm how true this is, but I have heard mumblings. And, yes, it is because their films have not done as well as they wanted at the Festivals, especially Inarritu and baumbach… Guess they’re spending too much money on Auteurs. Well, I hear The Killer is a “dark Fincher” movie, like Zodiac and Dragon Tattoo or, more accurately, Se7en and The Game. Fassbender is supposedly great and it’s a really good film… It’s just not an “Oscar Movie” and they were unsure how to campaign it. However, with the state the race is in and a liberal Lead Actor, Adapted Screenplay and Director field, they reckon they have a chance. However, will Fincher finish it in time? Who knows… He was told he had until summer next year to finish it.

T3B
    Topics:

@Shrek Superslam

I wonder if the release of KOTFM makes LDC a winner OR, makes Brendan Fraser the winner by adding more fuel to the Brendanaissance. Think of TWOWS for McConaughey,

Lance
    Topics:

Will Smith could make a major comeback. Emancipation gets its major release Dec 2nd. Dec 9th on Apple. Lets see how this goes.

Cair
    Topics:

I still don’t see really a moment or scene in Elvis that would win Austin the Oscar. Nominated sure, but I don’t see him winning.

MysticMagix
    Topics:

Not sure about the coloring/cinematography.But of course will is a great dramatic actor, he looks great in this.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

MysticMagix
    Topics:

I still don’t see really a moment or scene in Elvis that would win Austin the Oscar. Nominated sure, but I don’t see him winning.

His mom dying scene (the closet scene)

~ MYSTIC

Bonehead
    Topics:

Screw it

I’m putting Will Smith in my lineup

The field is weak and The Oscars could use the PR

"I wasn't trying to be nice. I was trying to be accurate."

Brayfers
    Topics:

GOLDEN GLOBE – DRAMA:

• Butler
    • Fraser
    • Jackman
    • Cruise
    • Chalamet

GOLDEN GLOBE – COMEDY:

• Craig
    • Farrell
    • Driver
    • Kaluuya
    • Eichner

SAG:

• Butler
    • Fraser
    • Jackman
    • Farrell
    • Driver

CRITICS CHOICE:

• Butler
    • Fraser
    • Jackman
    • Farrell
    • Driver
    • Cruise

BAFTA:

• Fraser
    • Jackman
    • Farrell
    • Nighy
    • Calva
    • Kaluuya

OSCAR:

• Fraser
    • Butler
    • Jackman
    • Farrell
    • Driver

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

give Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan, & Stephanie Hsu their Oscars now !!

FYC:
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary
    - House of the Dragon

Qoslca
    Topics:

His mom dying scene (the closet scene)

I would also argue for the “Caught in a Trap” sequence where he turns on The Colonel…

I just watched Elvis the other night and thought it was fantastic. Butler’s performance is exceptional — more than just an “imitation”…

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.” 🎥

Ed Distasio
    Topics:

once again people need to stop  with the will smith    nomination    hes never getting nominated for emancipation seeing how he has a ten year ban from the academy they are not gonna waste a nomination slot on someone who cant even attend the  oscars

Bonehead
    Topics:

once again people need to stop with the will smith nomination hes never getting nominated for emancipation seeing how he has a ten year ban from the academy they are not gonna waste a nomination slot on someone who cant even attend the oscars

Roman Polanski hasn’t been able to attend the Oscars since 1978 and he still won.

If the quality of work is there, they won’t care. They’re bigger than that.

Ed Distasio
    Topics:

wont happen big  names   like spielberg  and scorsese   have already   pushing for will smith to have a lifetime ban they will make sure he isnt nominated

MysticMagix
    Topics:

wont happen big names like spielberg and scorsese have already pushing for will smith to have a lifetime ban they will make sure he isnt nominated

What?? Wheres the link or proof to this information?

~ MYSTIC

Bonehead
    Topics:

wont happen big names like spielberg and scorsese have already pushing for will smith to have a lifetime ban they will make sure he isnt nominated

That’s the first I’ve heard of Spielberg and Scorsese pushing for a lifetime ban on Will Smith.

I feel like you’re making that up. What’s your source for that information?

That would be very uncharacteristic of Scorsese, someone who knows how to seperate the art from the artist and even signed a public petition pushing for the release of Polanski.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Actor (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.